Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 277

Thread: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

  1. #41
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Appropriations and/or continuing resolutions are the only ways to keep the government operation. A budget resolution is merely a framework under which the appropriations "should" move forward...
    Appropiations and continuing resolutions are temporary stop gap measures to help keep the government funded and operating in lieu of a budget. Congress hasn't had a budget since the tea party took over the house in 2010.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    All that you say is true, but it is perspective that matters to the voters and the perspective is it is all the Republican's fault. Reid is a master mind of this, he tables most bills from the house not allowing a single vote and then blames the GOP.
    And intelligent people see right through his actions. Only the true sheep blame the republicans

  3. #43
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Appropiations and continuing resolutions are temporary stop gap measures to help keep the government funded and operating in lieu of a budget. Congress hasn't had a budget since the tea party took over the house in 2010.
    Appropriations are the ****ing budget bills...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    The Rebublicans should reopen the government and then Democrats should sit down to bipartisan talks. The Republicans should not win a single cent of concessions from Democrats during this shutdown.
    then leave it shutdown, I am fine if it never re-opens

  5. #45
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    That's all that matters, right? Hurt the country so you can blame it on the other side? I'm not surprised that this is all that anyone really cares about.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Using your "logic", how would you explain the differences between the 2008 and 2010 election results considering they happened before you could use gerrymandering as an excuse?
    I don't think I should have to explain it since I was referring to the last election in 2012.....

    Why John Boehner Has Gerrymandering to Thank for His Majority | Mother Jones

  7. #47
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,926
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    That's all that matters, right? Hurt the country so you can blame it on the other side? I'm not surprised that this is all that anyone really cares about.
    That is the game both major parties have been playing for quite awhile. All they care about is party and nothing else.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  8. #48
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I don't think I should have to explain it since I was referring to the last election in 2012.....

    Why John Boehner Has Gerrymandering to Thank for His Majority | Mother Jones
    I didn't think you would like to tackle that question, but I do understand your reluctance...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #49
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    The senate has voted on the house bills. It's the house thats been refusing to go to conference committee with the senate.
    Right and wrong too. The House rejected conference committee for months, until the shutdown was looming. Now they want it, but for political reasons, of course. I am not forgetting that the House's first attempt at keeping the government going included shutting down Obamacare entirely. The next attempt was to delay funding for a year. The third attempt was to delay funding for a shorter period of time, which is the poison pill that led to the shutdown of government. and after the delay, you think they are not going to demand yet another delay? If you don't think so, then let me sell you the Astrodome.

    It is obvious what the House wants. The end of Obamacare, and they are prepared to be General Sherman, and slash and burn America in the process.

    As far as Obamacare is concerned, I am torn on the issue. I am against the individual mandate, but on the other hand, if we tell people that they are going to die because they cannot afford health insurance, then we as a nation are nothing more than savages.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #50
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Right and wrong too. The House rejected conference committee for months, until the shutdown was looming. Now they want it, but for political reasons, of course. I am not forgetting that the House's first attempt at keeping the government going included shutting down Obamacare entirely. The next attempt was to delay funding for a year. The third attempt was to delay funding for a shorter period of time, which is the poison pill that led to the shutdown of government. and after the delay, you think they are not going to demand yet another delay? If you don't think so, then let me sell you the Astrodome.

    It is obvious what the House wants. The end of Obamacare, and they are prepared to be General Sherman, and slash and burn America in the process.

    As far as Obamacare is concerned, I am torn on the issue. I am against the individual mandate, but on the other hand, if we tell people that they are going to die because they cannot afford health insurance, then we as a nation are nothing more than savages.
    Most, if not all, who cannot afford insurance also cannot afford the deductibles or co-pays, so what does this law do to help individuals?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •