Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 277

Thread: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

  1. #31
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    No, nein, nyet, non, and again NO!

    The overwhelming majority of the American people don't want this law, never wanted this law, and put people in office for the expressed purpose of getting rid of this law, the Dems have shown themselves to be the Party of NO. It is their baby...
    Haven't we had this discussion before where you said the majority of Americans don't want this law and then I said the majority rejected the GOP's attempt to repeal the law and voted for Obama instead?

  2. #32
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,128

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Haven't we had this discussion before where you said the majority of Americans don't want this law and then I said the majority rejected the GOP's attempt to repeal the law and voted for Obama instead?
    No, that wasn't quite the conclusion that was drawn...

  3. #33
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Haven't we had this discussion before where you said the majority of Americans don't want this law and then I said the majority rejected the GOP's attempt to repeal the law and voted for Obama instead?
    Not an apples to apples comparison. Look at the makeup of the House for confirmation. Are there areas of large concentrations of support and opposition? Yes, but when it's broken down into smaller slices the House reflects the will of the people better than any national poll can...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Washington Democrats have slammed the door on reopening the government.

    The president isn't telling the whole story when it comes to the government shutdown. The fact is that Washington Democrats have slammed the door on reopening the government by refusing to engage in bipartisan talks. And, as stories across the country highlight the devastating impact of Obamacare on families and small businesses, they continue to reject our calls for fairness for all Americans.

    This is part of a larger pattern: the president's scorched-Earth policy of refusing to negotiate in bipartisan way on his health care law, current government funding, or the debt limit.

    OBAMA TO REPUBLICANS: Reopen the government

    As of this morning, Senate Democrats, acting in concert with President Obama, have rejected four different proposals from the House of Representatives to keep the government running and fund basic services.

    OUR VIEW: The Shutdown Party

    REP. CATHY MCMORRIS RODGERS: It's up to the Senate

    On Friday, September 20, 2013, the House of Representatives passed legislation to keep the government running funding Medicare, Social Security, veterans benefits, and more while removing funding for the president's health care law, which is driving up costs and hurting our economy.

    The Democratic-controlled Senate rejected this measure.

    On Saturday, September 28, 2013, the House passed another measure to keep the government running, delay the president's health care law for one year, and permanently repeal Obamacare's tax on pacemakers and children's hearing aids.

    Senate Democrats rejected the measure on a party-line vote.

    (The House also passed the Pay Our Military Act, which ensures our troops are paid during a government shutdown. Thankfully, that measure was adopted by the Senate and signed by President Obama.)

    On Monday, September 30, 2013, the House passed yet another measure to keep the government running and ensure fairness for all Americans under the president's health care law. President Obama delayed the law's mandates on big businesses and insurance companies; this bill would delay the law for everyone.

    The Senate rejected this measure too.

    John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now
    All that you say is true, but it is perspective that matters to the voters and the perspective is it is all the Republican's fault. Reid is a master mind of this, he tables most bills from the house not allowing a single vote and then blames the GOP.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    A budget resolution is not a budget...
    Are you sure about that?


    budget resolution
    noun
    a resolution adopted by both houses of the U.S. Congress setting forth, reaffirming, or revising the budget for the U.S. government for a fiscal year.
    Budget resolution | Define Budget resolution at Dictionary.com


    Budget resolution: Legislation passed by both houses of the US Congress in the form of a resolution which establishes a federal budget for the coming fiscal year including revenue projections and spending limits. The budget resolution is non-binding though both houses agree to follow the spending guidelines when drafting legislation.
    Read more: What is budget resolution? definition and meaning


    "...In the United States Congress, a budget resolution is a legislation in the form of a concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget..."
    Budget resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  6. #36
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Not an apples to apples comparison. Look at the makeup of the House for confirmation. Are there areas of large concentrations of support and opposition? Yes, but when it's broken down into smaller slices the House reflects the will of the people better than any national poll can...
    Considering that politicians can pick their voters instead of voters picking their politicians because of gerry mandering, I would hardly call that the will of the people.

  7. #37
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Are you sure about that?


    budget resolution
    noun
    a resolution adopted by both houses of the U.S. Congress setting forth, reaffirming, or revising the budget for the U.S. government for a fiscal year.
    Budget resolution | Define Budget resolution at Dictionary.com


    Budget resolution: Legislation passed by both houses of the US Congress in the form of a resolution which establishes a federal budget for the coming fiscal year including revenue projections and spending limits. The budget resolution is non-binding though both houses agree to follow the spending guidelines when drafting legislation.
    Read more: What is budget resolution? definition and meaning


    "...In the United States Congress, a budget resolution is a legislation in the form of a concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget..."
    Budget resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Appropriations and/or continuing resolutions are the only ways to keep the government operation. A budget resolution is merely a framework under which the appropriations "should" move forward...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    No, that wasn't quite the conclusion that was drawn...
    I'm pretty sure it was.

  9. #39
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Considering that politicians can pick their voters instead of voters picking their politicians because of gerry mandering, I would hardly call that the will of the people.
    Using your "logic", how would you explain the differences between the 2008 and 2010 election results considering they happened before you could use gerrymandering as an excuse?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    BWHAHAHAHHAH!

    I love the smell of desperation in the morning!
    the odor of your world

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •