Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 137

Thread: Government shutdown: House GOP to delay individual mandate

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Government shutdown: House GOP to delay individual mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Granted, but civil war and the loss of life is crossing the Rubicon. I seriously doubt Americans of any ideology would support a civil war over Obamacare or even a hundred Obamacares.
    Then the American people no longer have any values, Ockham, and have become nothing more than the same Sheeple that make up the citizenry of Europe and most of the rest of the world.

    Personally, I know more than a few of us who have been ready for the American People to rise up and take this country back for years now. At some point there needs to be a final determination of whether the People or the Government run this country. We've gone to war over that issue twice. The first time the People won. The second time the Government won. Eventually there has to be a deciding match to break the tie.

  2. #102
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    10-09-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    290

    Re: Government shutdown: House GOP to delay individual mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    This isn't about what people WANT. It isn't even about what people NEED. It's about what the US Constitution lays out as the appropriate role of the Government. I have yet to be shown ANY part of the Constitution which gives the US Government power to get involved in medical issues for the populace. Nothing.
    ... except when a woman seeks contraception. Then the Gov gets involved pronto!

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Government shutdown: House GOP to delay individual mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleray View Post
    ... except when a woman seeks contraception. Then the Gov gets involved pronto!
    There are things which ARE the purvue of the Government. Contraception is not one of them. Abortion on the other hand, is; but that's for another forum and some other time.

  4. #104
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Government shutdown: House GOP to delay individual mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Then the American people no longer have any values, Ockham, and have become nothing more than the same Sheeple that make up the citizenry of Europe and most of the rest of the world.
    I tend to agree that values and morals have been trending down decade over decade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Personally, I know more than a few of us who have been ready for the American People to rise up and take this country back for years now. At some point there needs to be a final determination of whether the People or the Government run this country. We've gone to war over that issue twice. The first time the People won. The second time the Government won. Eventually there has to be a deciding match to break the tie.
    I'm sure there are small pockets of people willing... however because times and values and morals have changed, those small pockets which I would guess would make up < 1% of the population would be crushed by "the man", labeled terrorists and killed or jailed. The difference here is humanity has changed wildly since the 1840's.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Government shutdown: House GOP to delay individual mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    There are things which ARE the purvue of the Government. Contraception is not one of them. Abortion on the other hand, is; but that's for another forum and some other time.
    Sorry Tigger, you don't hold any more credibiilty than those you criticize. The only difference is you think you are right and everyone else is wrong. You are just the right wing equivalent to a hard core liberal and are two sides of the same coin.

  6. #106
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: Government shutdown: House GOP to delay individual mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Democrats should counter with a nationwide ban on ammunition sales.



    The people have not voted the Republicans enough legislative power to do what they're trying to do here.
    Yes! That's exactly what the Dems should do!...lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Government shutdown: House GOP to delay individual mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I'm sure there are small pockets of people willing... however because times and values and morals have changed, those small pockets which I would guess would make up < 1% of the population would be crushed by "the man", labeled terrorists and killed or jailed. The difference here is humanity has changed wildly since the 1840's.
    I don't think the number is quite that small, but it's not large enough, that's for sure.

    If the times and values have changed all that much, then humanities last hope for a decent nation is gone, and humankind no long has any more value than cockroaches.

    As for being crushed by "the man".... that's likely to happen one way or the other. Some of us just don't want to go down without a fight.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Government shutdown: House GOP to delay individual mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Sorry Tigger, you don't hold any more credibiilty than those you criticize.
    The credibility that I and others like me hold is the backing of the US Constitution, and the basic morals and values that society was built upon.

  9. #109
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,475

    Re: Government shutdown: House GOP to delay individual mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by uncleray View Post
    ... except when a woman seeks contraception. Then the Gov gets involved pronto!
    So, the leftist solution is to make me pay for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Government shutdown: House GOP to delay individual mandate

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    The credibility that I and others like me hold is the backing of the US Constitution, and the basic morals and values that society was built upon.
    That's BS, you've stated many times government should get involved with morality and that has NOTHING to do with the Constitution. You're just like a hard-core liberal, only you're the right-side version which is just as bad. You like big government when it suits you regarding morality. There is NOTHING in the Constitution that backs YOUR version of morality.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •