Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 88

Thread: Bush: Don't criticize Obama for golf

  1. #41
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: Bush: Don't criticize Obama for golf

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Bush went to the ranch that HE owned and Camp David....... Obama spends extravagantly. His kids go skiing in Colorado, a family trip to Africa, ridiculous spring break vacations. He is abusing privileges. I don't see him going home to Chicago for a weekend away at HOME.
    Bush some 300 hundred days of vacation. Obama 90 some days of vacation. Bush had more than one residence. Just sayin'.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Bush: Don't criticize Obama for golf

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    Bush some 300 hundred days of vacation. Obama 90 some days of vacation. Bush had more than one residence. Just sayin'.
    That's for 8yrs.....Obama had over 160 with just 4yrs. Moreover, Obama has more than one residence as well as his vacations now damn near cost as much as all of Bush's.

    To Top it off.....Obama has another 3 years to go. In which he will have outspent by Double in Cost if not more. Obama's home in Hawaii is a whole hell of lot more expensive than Bush's ranch was in Texas.

  3. #43
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: Bush: Don't criticize Obama for golf

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    That's for 8yrs.....Obama had over 160 with just 4yrs. Moreover, Obama has more than one residence as well as his vacations now damn near cost as much as all of Bush's.

    To Top it off.....Obama has another 3 years to go. In which he will have outspent by Double in Cost if not more. Obama's home in Hawaii is a whole hell of lot more expensive than Bush's ranch was in Texas.
    Sorry, but you are wrong. Look it up.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Bush: Don't criticize Obama for golf

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    Sorry, but you are wrong. Look it up.

    This was just up until Aug 19 2010.....now you know for a fact that he has taken more from this point on. Which also doesn't change the fact on the costs to the American people.

    How does Obama vacation days compare to Bush vacation days?

    Answer:

    This is Mr. Obama's 9th vacation since taking office. As of August 19, 2010, he has spent all or part of 38 days on "vacation" away from the White House. He has also made 14 visits to Camp David spanning all or part of 32 days. It brings his total time away to all or part of 70 days.
    It's less than the "vacation" time taken during the same period by his immediate predecessor.

    As of this point in his 1st term, Mr. Bush had made 14 visits to his Texas ranch spanning all or part of 102 days. He also made 40 visits to Camp David spanning all or part of 123 days. His "vacation" total at this point in his presidency was all or part of 225 days away.....snip~

    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_does_O..._vacation_days

    Now back to the Clincher.....Bush's was a total for 8 yrs. Obama's total is for 4 years so far. Has Obama been there yet for 8 years. Kinda hard to get around that fact.....huh?

  5. #45
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,042

    Re: Bush: Don't criticize Obama for golf

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I don't know, but it does seem to indicate that Bush is a class act.
    Very much. The guy was a terrible, abhorrent president, but I found no reason to say he's a terrible person.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,248

    Re: Bush: Don't criticize Obama for golf

    slow news day in the US then?
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  7. #47
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,876

    Re: Bush: Don't criticize Obama for golf

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    This was just up until Aug 19 2010.....now you know for a fact that he has taken more from this point on. Which also doesn't change the fact on the costs to the American people.
    Obama was at 96 days through Aug. 13. Certainly not 160.

    http://news.yahoo.com/-obama%E2%80%9...165241111.html
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #48
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Bush: Don't criticize Obama for golf

    Quote Originally Posted by keith View Post
    Yep, him and Jimmy Carter are two nice guys. Too bad they sucked as President.
    Jimmy Carter was a phony. He was a gaping asshole in person



  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Bush: Don't criticize Obama for golf

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I don't know, but it does seem to indicate that Bush is a class act.
    Although I'm not crazy about some of his policies, I think he really is a class act. He never bad mouths anyone, and has a good sense of humor too.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Bush: Don't criticize Obama for golf

    No, golf is still boring.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •