Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

  1. #1
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,122

    NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Darn Libbos.....I mean it must have been them, right? Because they love Muslims...wait, something's not computing....

    NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim - Attackers shouted 'get Osama' before fracturing man's jaw


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #2
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,242
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Darn Libbos.....I mean it must have been them, right? Because they love Muslims...wait, something's not computing....

    NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim - Attackers shouted 'get Osama' before fracturing man's jaw
    This is just tragic. I hate reading **** like this. There's only one thing I hate more about these stories: DPers who try to politicize every God-damned thing they read.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #3
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Darn Libbos.....I mean it must have been them, right? Because they love Muslims...wait, something's not computing....

    NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim - Attackers shouted 'get Osama' before fracturing man's jaw
    thank god you cared enough to exploit this tragedy for political fodder ...

    PS After reading that article it sounds like a bunch of punk kids kicked the **** out of some guy and doubt there was much of a political angle behind it. Not to mention, east Harlem is predominately black and latino (over 90%), so it's likely not the type of perp that you managed to cobble together in your head
    Last edited by Dr. Chuckles; 09-23-13 at 01:02 PM.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    This story doesn't need to be exploited for ANY gain. There is nothing to gain from this happening. What it does is escalates the Christian/Muslim war.

  5. #5
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Darn Libbos.....I mean it must have been them, right? Because they love Muslims...wait, something's not computing....NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim - Attackers shouted 'get Osama' before fracturing man's jaw
    Yea and those damn conservatives...Murder of Balbir Singh Sodhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    PeteEU

  6. #6
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    We see ignorance in all aspects of life, community and social order regardless of the political affiliation. The irony of this is Sikh's have fought against Muslims through the centuries in various areas of the world and their religions are vastly different. What I suspect happened was this "mob" saw a turban and immediately thought "Muslim" which is just plain ignorance (stupidity).
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #7
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    thank god you cared enough to exploit this tragedy for political fodder ...

    PS After reading that article it sounds like a bunch of punk kids kicked the **** out of some guy and doubt there was much of a political angle behind it. Not to mention, east Harlem is predominately black and latino (over 90%), so it's likely not the type of perp that you managed to cobble together in your head
    You mean it wasn't a bunch of white southern rednecks? What in the hell is this world coming to?
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  8. #8
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    We see ignorance in all aspects of life, community and social order regardless of the political affiliation. The irony of this is Sikh's have fought against Muslims through the centuries in various areas of the world and their religions are vastly different. What I suspect happened was this "mob" saw a turban and immediately thought "Muslim" which is just plain ignorance (stupidity).

    I wouldn't say they're vastly different since one of the main cited motivations behind the religions formation was an intentional mixing of Hinduism and Islam, as to unite and appease the communal and sectarian violence occurring in India at the time.

    The whole warrior aspect developed much later

  9. #9
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    1) I think he was being sarcastic

    2) I doubt a bunch of punk kids in NYC are acting under some form of political motivation. More likely they were just assholes out causing trouble

  10. #10
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) I think he was being sarcastic

    2) I doubt a bunch of punk kids in NYC are acting under some form of political motivation. More likely they were just assholes out causing trouble
    Would it just be a bunch of asshole kids causing trouble if they were brown skinned living in say Iraq or Syria and ganged up on a guy with a cross on a chain around his neck. See, when they do something like this over there, its radicals who hate America or terrorist acts fuelled by religious zealotry. But when it's americans its just kids being kids. Except its not. This type of act only fans the flames of tension between the Muslim and Christian world.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •