Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 60

Thread: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

  1. #31
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Hypothetically, was this a bunch of black kids beating up a perceived Muslim? Sound like it was. Certainly Obama wanted to make sure his supporters thought he killed Osama and that's what the attackers were shouting. Maybe they were simply following Obama's lead.

    Of course we all know if the victim had been a white Christian, it would never even had made the news.
    What in the hell does this post even mean? What does Obama have anything to do with this?

    So you think if it was a white christian it wouldn't make the news. Great, good to know. Irrelevant. What do you think of THIS act that DID get in the news?

  2. #32
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Hypothetically, was this a bunch of black kids beating up a perceived Muslim? Sound like it was. Certainly Obama wanted to make sure his supporters thought he killed Osama and that's what the attackers were shouting.
    Maybe they were simply following Obama's lead.


    Of course we all know if the victim had been a white Christian, it would never even had made the news.



    You have a problem. You hate Obama and you are using this sad story to try to attack him.

  3. #33
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    This is a horrible story and tragic for the professor...but no, instead of actually addressing the story in way that talks about the news, you CHOSE to make it a partisan issue IMMEDIETELY by going out of your way to include NOTHING else to talk about in your original content other than a CLEAR implication that uit it must've been done due to the peoples political ideology, and that said ideology wasn't liberalism.
    So you got part of it, but not all of it. See above, where this whole thing is blamed on Obama. I saw that coming when I first posted it, but everybody else made it about me. Even you, as a mod, decided to do that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #34
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So you got part of it, but not all of it. See above, where this whole thing is blamed on Obama. I saw that coming when I first posted it, but everybody else made it about me. Even you, as a mod, decided to do that.
    Or you know, you invited that whole thing by being a similar hyper partisan type of person, politicizing hte issue from the very onset and attempting to smear and blame the other side for something based on few actual facts and almost singularly on your own biased, prejudices, and need to score pathetic political points.

    People are commenting on the story within the premise and scope of the original content that you chose to provide for the purpose of spurring discussion. It's no one's fault but your own that you chose to present the discussion of this topic from the vantage point of hyper partisan idiocy and ridiculous, unfounded, pathetically sad politicizing premise regarding the issue.

    Your OP basically said "Here's a story, and I think its entirely political in terms of how and why it happened". Then you want to act indigntant and shocked that others in here either:

    1) Highlighted the idiocy of your OP's premise and attempt at politicizing it
    2) Joined in your idiocy by following your lead in suggesting the issue is entirely political in terms of how and why it happened

    Moderator's Warning:
    NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]Finally, if you have an issue with me as a "mod", you're free to report a post or us the "contact us" button. There's no topical or debate reason to reference my position as a mod; the only reason to reference it is to infer some kind of issue, complaint, or problem with how moderation is occuring/not occuring, which is against the rules. I suggest this kind of passive aggressive swipe at moderation cease in the future, or action may be taken. Have an issue with a mod posting as a poster, you can report it just as you would with any other member or you can use the "contact us" button

  5. #35
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Hypothetically, was this a bunch of black kids beating up a perceived Muslim? Sound like it was. Certainly Obama wanted to make sure his supporters thought he killed Osama and that's what the attackers were shouting. Maybe they were simply following Obama's lead.

    Of course we all know if the victim had been a white Christian, it would never even had made the news.



    Maybe you 'know' that, but I seriously doubt that we all 'know' that.

  6. #36
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,137

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Or you know, you invited that whole thing by being a similar hyper partisan type of person, politicizing hte issue from the very onset and attempting to smear and blame the other side for something based on few actual facts and almost singularly on your own biased, prejudices, and need to score pathetic political points.

    People are commenting on the story within the premise and scope of the original content that you chose to provide for the purpose of spurring discussion. It's no one's fault but your own that you chose to present the discussion of this topic from the vantage point of hyper partisan idiocy and ridiculous, unfounded, pathetically sad politicizing premise regarding the issue.

    Your OP basically said "Here's a story, and I think its entirely political in terms of how and why it happened". Then you want to act indigntant and shocked that others in here either:

    1) Highlighted the idiocy of your OP's premise and attempt at politicizing it
    2) Joined in your idiocy by following your lead in suggesting the issue is entirely political in terms of how and why it happened
    I'm not shocked. If anything I saw it coming a mile away.

    Interestingly, as you go off on not addressing the story, you've devoted far more paragraphs to me than to the story.

    Also interesting, I might point out that I never blamed it on conservatives. You chose to read it that way, so who's problem is that?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #37
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That was actually my point. Seems as though it went right over everyone's head.

    No, you actually politicized it. There was no misunderstanding there.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm not shocked. If anything I saw it coming a mile away.
    I'm sure you do. People who have similar mindsets generally can predict each other well. Considering that you politicized the issue from the very onset, it stands to reason you'd fully expect others to politicize it. After all, your OP's take on this topic was SPECIFICALLY politicizing it.

    Interestingly, as you go off on not addressing the story, you've devoted far more paragraphs to me than to the story.
    I'm addressing the topic and discussion as you presented it. If you didn't want to present it in that fashion then perhaps you should've put forth a different opening post which indicated how you wanted to talk about the story. Also, I've devoted far more time talking about your POINT and ARGUMENT regarding the topic, not you. I'm addressing the idiocy regarding your words.

    Also interesting, I might point out that I never blamed it on conservatives. You chose to read it that way, so who's problem is that?
    Perhaps you're blanking on these words in the English language called "imply" and "infer".

    See, you didn't blatantly say anything about the story other than:

    1. Suggesting it was political motivated
    2. Suggesting that it wasn't liberals

    The clear inference then that the vast majority of posters made was that you were IMPLYING that the individuals must actually have been conservatives, since typically when one brings up liberal/conservative and suggests someone is not one then the implication is that they're the other.

    If that was not your intent, then I submit once again that you did a piss poor and pathetic job of displaying your *point*, and rather than casting dispersions and fault upon others for not getting your idiotic "point" that you should perhaps look inward and recognize that your attempt to make your "point" was horrible.

    People can't read your mind, they can only respond to what you present. It's no ones fault but your own that prettty much NO ONE understood the "point" you *claim* to have had.

  9. #39
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Not to mention that the people of NYC haven't elected a liberal mayor in the last two decades
    Yeah, hear that guys? NYC is a conservative town.

  10. #40
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    A place could be 51% [Party A] and 49% [Party B] and technically, in terms of elections, be thought of as being a [Party A] town...

    Still doesn't mean it's reasonable, sensable, logical, or honest to try and suggest based on limited data that someone within that town doing something must be of [Party A] persuation.

    So the whole "New York is liberal!" "No! New York is Conservative" argument is kind of pointless and is really there just to try and insinuate blame without coming out and stating ones intentions.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •