Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60

Thread: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

  1. #21
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Darn Libbos.....I mean it must have been them, right? Because they love Muslims...wait, something's not computing....

    NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim - Attackers shouted 'get Osama' before fracturing man's jaw
    The odd thing is I live in the South and grew up with people talking a lot of racial stuff but never acting on it really. A lot of folks I have known from the NY/NJ are pretty overtly racist and really have no problem being confrontational with others for any reason whatsoever. It is kind of white-washed by the media as to Yankeeland. It is why the VRA will die before they ever have to admit racism in Blue States to revive it.

    That said, I feel for the guy. I hope he recovers quickly.

  2. #22
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Hypothetically, was this a bunch of black kids beating up a perceived Muslim? Sound like it was. Certainly Obama wanted to make sure his supporters thought he killed Osama and that's what the attackers were shouting. Maybe they were simply following Obama's lead.

    Of course we all know if the victim had been a white Christian, it would never even had made the news.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Darn Libbos.....I mean it must have been them, right? Because they love Muslims...wait, something's not computing....

    NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim - Attackers shouted 'get Osama' before fracturing man's jaw
    It's NYC...I'm pretty sure this is just normal behavior for those caged monkeys.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #24
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    How do you figure they are liberals? Is it because they are from New York? Isn't that gross generalization? Is this the same New York that had hundreds if not thousands of people go bad **** crazy about the "Ground Zero Mosque" or was that a different New York?
    Not to mention that the people of NYC haven't elected a liberal mayor in the last two decades
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #25
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    It is kind of white-washed by the media as to Yankeeland.
    Yes, the media never reports on white racists in NYC :roll
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Hypothetically, was this a bunch of black kids beating up a perceived Muslim? Sound like it was. Certainly Obama wanted to make sure his supporters thought he killed Osama and that's what the attackers were shouting. Maybe they were simply following Obama's lead.

    Of course we all know if the victim had been a white Christian, it would never even had made the news.
    I like how you start with a hypothetical as your premise and end up drawing a hard conclusion.

    Also you forgot the WW2 vet killed just a short while back, which is surprising because you made such a massive amount of noise about it, I guess in addition to selective reasoning you have selective memory as well.

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,007

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That was actually my point. Seems as though it went right over everyone's head.
    It seems your "points" routinely go over peoples head...perhaps that says something about your "points" that you make and the way you make them then it does about the people whose "heads" you think this went "over".

    This is a horrible story and tragic for the professor...but no, instead of actually addressing the story in way that talks about the news, you CHOSE to make it a partisan issue IMMEDIETELY by going out of your way to include NOTHING else to talk about in your original content other than a CLEAR implication that uit it must've been done due to the peoples political ideology, and that said ideology wasn't liberalism.

    Your "Point" sucked, your "point" got RIGHTLY called out, and then as is typical you back pedaled and tried to suggest your "point" was something different than what your OP actually did or said and complained that everyone else just must not get it.

  8. #28
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,007

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    So bringing awareness to a potential hate crime is worse than the crime itself. Got it.
    Um. No.

    Maggie didn't say the only thing she hates more than these things happening is people politicizing them.

    Maggie said the only thing she hates more than READING stuff like this is the fact that people try to politicize it.

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,007

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I have no agenda except seeing the US out of the ME. but these kids attacked a man thinking him Muslim, here in America, that's the point.
    It's funny how you're trying to play devil's advocate...asking people questions like this:

    Would it just be a bunch of asshole kids causing trouble if they were brown skinned living in say Iraq or Syria and ganged up on a guy with a cross on a chain around his neck.
    yet you keep claiming this is an example of the war and tensions between the christian and muslim world.

    Tell me...you know these people were Christians, how?

    Tell me....if this was "a bunch of asshole kids" in Iraq or Syria ganging up on a guy "with a cross on a chain around his neck", would you be screaming that this just furthers the war and tensions of the christian/muslim world? Or would you be scolding people for assuming these kids are muslims / using this to paint an example of "muslims"? Would you be playing the Devil's Advocate you're trying to play here? Or would you be droning on about how the US and Christians keeps getting itself involved in the middle east, not directly defending the action but spending more time "explaining" it than actually saying any negative word about it as you are in this thread?

    Check yourself before you try to act like the hypocrisy police.

  10. #30
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: NYC Mob Attacks Sikh Prof, Thinking He's Muslim[W:59]

    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    What the hell is wrong with some people?



    Lack of tolerance.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •