Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

  1. #1
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

    The President of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff announces publicly the creation of a world internet system INDEPENDENT from US and Britain ( the “US-centric internet”).

    Not many understand that, while the immediate trigger for the decision (coupled with the cancellation of a summit with the US president) was the revelations on NSA spying, the reason why Rousseff can take such a historic step is that the alternative infrastructure: The BRICS cable from Vladivostock, Russia to Shantou, China to Chennai, India to Cape Town, South Africa to Fortaleza, Brazil, is being built and it’s, actually, in its final phase of implementation.

    http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-bri...ternet/5350272

  2. #2
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The President of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff announces publicly the creation of a world internet system INDEPENDENT from US and Britain ( the “US-centric internet”).

    Not many understand that, while the immediate trigger for the decision (coupled with the cancellation of a summit with the US president) was the revelations on NSA spying, the reason why Rousseff can take such a historic step is that the alternative infrastructure: The BRICS cable from Vladivostock, Russia to Shantou, China to Chennai, India to Cape Town, South Africa to Fortaleza, Brazil, is being built and it’s, actually, in its final phase of implementation.

    The BRICS “Independent Internet” Cable. In Defiance of the “US-Centric Internet” | Global Research
    Wouldn't those involved imply that we will just be spied upon by foreigners instead of our own guys/girls?
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  3. #3
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

    Seems like a strange action to take prior to the Olympics coming to Brazil.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

    Instead of? Or in addition to?

  5. #5
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Seems like a strange action to take prior to the Olympics coming to Brazil.
    The timing is based on the Snowden papers revealing that the US was/is tapping Brazilian officials phones and e-mails. Something that seriously has pissed them off and that they consider an attack on their sovereignty, one can't hardly blame them!

  6. #6
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    The timing is based on the Snowden papers revealing that the US was/is tapping Brazilian officials phones and e-mails. Something that seriously has pissed them off and that they consider an attack on their sovereignty, one can't hardly blame them!
    That's nothing compared to Obama's attacks on American sovereignty.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    That's nothing compared to Obama's attacks on American sovereignty.
    Well that's certainly true. I mean lets broaden it though, it's been going on before him and will continue after him, just to keep things bi-partisan here.

  8. #8
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

    So how will this change the internet?

  9. #9
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    So how will this change the internet?
    I don't know but apparently its not coming to America so I won't be able to switch.

  10. #10
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I don't know but apparently its not coming to America so I won't be able to switch.
    On the picture it shows some kind of link to Miami, but not sure what that is. A way for "dot coms" to list themselves on this new network?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •