Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 126

Thread: Communications Chair of Sacramento County Dems Wishes Death on Cruz Speech... [W:81]

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,315

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Speaking of delusional politicians (I'm sure SOMEbody was) that can't reasonably be expected to negotiate rationally, did you read what Nancy Pelosi said?
    You're gonna love this ...

    “He has been … open, practically apolitical, certainly nonpartisan, in terms of welcoming every idea and solution. I think that’s one of the reasons the Republicans want to take him down politically, because they know he is a nonpartisan president, and that’s something very hard for them to cope with.”

    ... and, yes, she really was talking about Barack Obama !!!!!

  2. #22
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Yep, and the Republicans are the evil ones.......
    When it comes to politics, it can turn anyone evil. Some people can stay civil but some just can't. All depends on the person, not their lean.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  3. #23
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    See, this is not actually a gossip site, this is a debate site.
    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    you get called out on your bull crap and you fold like a cheap suit typical prog get cornered on your crap and run away like a scared little girl or are you going to also wish death on his children
    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    I'm going to assume you know the legislative process. If you don't let me know and I'll explain it to you.
    You see, each of you respond with hostility and confrontation. Good work boys, you have defined yourself as individuals not republicans.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I don't speak for my party I speak for myself. As we all should. This has turned into some ridiculous team sport. Parties are made up of individuals who should think and act as such. Blind allegiance is destructive and obstructive.
    I can see where trfjr is coming from. One dumb Republican chump uses a phrase like "legitimate rape" and it's a shiit-storm across every newspaper front page from coast to coast. A few Republicans have some polarizing views on reproductive rights, and suddenly all Republicans are "anti-female".

    All people tend to paint with a pretty broad brush, but can you deny that the Democrats have been doing it much more often and vehemently as of late? Liberals have become the undisputed kings of assumption these days.

  5. #25
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Okay ... here's the starting point.

    Both sides agree they have to raise the debt limit ... so that's out of the way.

    Now...as for O'care ... Pubs want it repealed ... Dems want to keep it ... the citizens want it gone ... let's dump it and introduce something with the parts both sides like.

    You're welcome.
    I question whether or not the citizens want it gone. For one thing there has been a very focused effort to confuse people about it and scare people about it. So even if that is accurate, most people don't want it, how do we assure ourselves that we are actually following an informed consensus?
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  6. #26
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    You see, each of you respond with hostility and confrontation. Good work boys, you have defined yourself as individuals not republicans.
    I wasn't being confrontational. You made a statement that made me question wether you knew the spending bill was going to conference committee and I was willing to help you but at the same time give you the benefit of the doubt. Sorry you felt the need to be defensive.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  7. #27
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I can see where trfjr is coming from. One dumb Republican chump uses a phrase like "legitimate rape" and it's a shiit-storm across every newspaper front page from coast to coast. A few Republicans have some polarizing views on reproductive rights, and suddenly all Republicans are "anti-female".

    All people tend to paint with a pretty broad brush, but can you deny that the Democrats have been doing it much more often and vehemently as of late? Liberals have become the undisputed kings of assumption these days.
    I can disagree actually. Regardless though the Republicans certainly have a long and successful history. I think the more likely reality is that Dems are sensitive to what Cons say and vice versa. So both would be likely to point at the opposing party as "going there" more often. It really doesn't matter though since I would not condone it from either side. Getting bogged down in a "but he started it" or "he's meaner" finger pointing extravaganza is meaningless.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  8. #28
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    I wasn't being confrontational. You made a statement that made me question wether you knew the spending bill was going to conference committee and I was willing to help you but at the same time give you the benefit of the doubt. Sorry you felt the need to be defensive.
    It is, admittedly, easy to misunderstand each other here so if I did I apologize for lumping you in.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    You see, each of you respond with hostility and confrontation. Good work boys, you have defined yourself as individuals not republicans.
    we could have been worse we could have been democrats and wished death upon your children
    And dam right im going to paint ever democrat with that brush
    Last edited by trfjr; 09-20-13 at 05:35 PM.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I can disagree actually. Regardless though the Republicans certainly have a long and successful history. I think the more likely reality is that Dems are sensitive to what Cons say and vice versa. So both would be likely to point at the opposing party as "going there" more often. It really doesn't matter though since I would not condone it from either side. Getting bogged down in a "but he started it" or "he's meaner" finger pointing extravaganza is meaningless.
    Both sides do it. It's called "politics". However, Dems do it better, longer, and more successfully than Repubs tend to do it. Generally, this is because of a party catering to the lowest common denominator. It's pretty easy to tell a bunch of pissed-off skirts whose emotions are larger than their brains that "Republicans hate women" because of some douche legitimizing rape in some oddball way, or convincing women to take personal responsibility for themselves as opposed to adopting a government to subsidize their vaginas.

    It's not just women. Way too many people are prone to letting government replace their eyes, ears, and brains. Responsibility, accountability, and culpability are swear words in today's America.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •