Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 126

Thread: Communications Chair of Sacramento County Dems Wishes Death on Cruz Speech... [W:81]

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    In other words, you're not going to look. And since one jackass who is the Communications Chair of Sacramento County Dems (in other words, a complete nobody) tweeted something terrible, that is incontrovertible evidence that Democrats are Awful People who are Always Worse Than Republicans, forever and ever.

    Ted Nugent, a Republican who has a much higher profile than the CC, has said just as bad or worse. There.

    More on Ted Nugent The Reality-Based Community
    I looked and saw nothing, If you have anything at all about Republicans or Republican commentators wishing people dead, or accusing others of wanting people dead, let's see it. If this is all you have then its nada.

  2. #102
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,613
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Communications Chair of Sacramento County Dems Wishes Death on Cruz Speech... [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Not a single person here has defended him. That said, he's the communications chair of the Sacramento County Democrats. WHO CARES. This guy is an absolute nobody, and people here are holding him up as prima facie evidence that Democrats are somehow worse than Republicans when it comes to awful rhetoric.
    Not my fault people ignored the topic, which was indeed what the communications chair of the Sac County Dems said. Who cares? I care, because it was a completely unacceptable thing for anyone to have said.

    Not my fault that partisans on both sides either ducked the issue by not criticizing his terrible words, pretended that the "other side does it too", or decided to paint an entire political party with the potty mouth of a single man.

    I don't play the partisan game. I call it as I see it, and am on record as calling out proponents of both parties when they lie, mislead, fabricate or state unsourced gossip as fact. This particular guy was a douchebag, so that's what I called him.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Communications Chair of Sacramento County Dems Wishes Death on Cruz Speech... [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Not a single person here has defended him. That said, he's the communications chair of the Sacramento County Democrats. WHO CARES. This guy is an absolute nobody, and people here are holding him up as prima facie evidence that Democrats are somehow worse than Republicans when it comes to awful rhetoric.
    He was the Communications Director and not quite a nobody. But in any case the precedents had been set by other Democrats and their supporters.

  4. #104
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,893

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I looked and saw nothing, If you have anything at all about Republicans or Republican commentators wishing people dead, or accusing others of wanting people dead, let's see it. If this is all you have then its nada.
    There was a Nugent quote above regarding Obama "sucking on his machine gun."

    Coulter: "When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

    "My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building."

    Vester: You say you'd rather not talk to liberals at all?
    Coulter: I think a baseball bat is the most effective way these days.

    We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens's creme brulee. That's just a joke, for you in the media. (ha ha, Ann)

    Ann Coulter - Wikiquote
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #105
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,893

    Re: Communications Chair of Sacramento County Dems Wishes Death on Cruz Speech... [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Not my fault people ignored the topic, which was indeed what the communications chair of the Sac County Dems said. Who cares? I care, because it was a completely unacceptable thing for anyone to have said.

    Not my fault that partisans on both sides either ducked the issue by not criticizing his terrible words, pretended that the "other side does it too", or decided to paint an entire political party with the potty mouth of a single man.

    I don't play the partisan game. I call it as I see it, and am on record as calling out proponents of both parties when they lie, mislead, fabricate or state unsourced gossip as fact. This particular guy was a douchebag, so that's what I called him.
    Of course it was unacceptable; however, in the greater scheme of things, this guy has zero national profile. It's a non-story.

    "Jerk Says Something Awful On Twitter: Film at 11."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #106
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,613
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Communications Chair of Sacramento County Dems Wishes Death on Cruz Speech... [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Of course it was unacceptable; however, in the greater scheme of things, this guy has zero national profile. It's a non-story.

    "Jerk Says Something Awful On Twitter: Film at 11."
    Eh, I live fairly close to Sacramento so I was interested. For most people it was indeed a "non-story"... but amazingly, look how many folks had to jump in with their personal comments in a "non-story" thread anyway. Such is life on a political forum.

  7. #107
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,893

    Re: Communications Chair of Sacramento County Dems Wishes Death on Cruz Speech... [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    Eh, I live fairly close to Sacramento so I was interested. For most people it was indeed a "non-story"... but amazingly, look how many folks had to jump in with their personal comments in a "non-story" thread anyway. Such is life on a political forum.
    Well of course, you can pretty much set your watch by that.

    The implication (or flat-out claim) by some here is that awful rhetoric is the exclusive province of "the left," which is asinine.

    The Dem/GOP dichotomy is basically Team Red vs. Team Blue, where people will constantly claim the other "side" is somehow "worse" behaviorally. It's not true, it's unnecessarily divisive, and it accomplishes bupkus.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Dems keep it classy

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post

    Vester: You say you'd rather not talk to liberals at all?
    Coulter: I think a baseball bat is the most effective way these days.

    We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens's creme brulee. That's just a joke, for you in the media. (ha ha, Ann)
    Those are better quotes from Ann Coulter this time and they should be condemned. But the criticism has to be consistent from everyone in order to stop this sort of craziness.

  9. #109
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,613
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Communications Chair of Sacramento County Dems Wishes Death on Cruz Speech... [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Well of course, you can pretty much set your watch by that.

    The implication (or flat-out claim) by some here is that awful rhetoric is the exclusive province of "the left," which is asinine.
    We agree. Thing is almost nobody who entered this thread actually wanted to discuss the actual topic of the thread, and derailed it to suit themselves. The result is a quagmire flamefest complete with Mod Warning and most probably a few slapped wrists! I did respond to the actual topic of the thread, and was surprised when you set upon me!

    I'm not annoyed or anything, because I actually do like you and think you're a good poster. However, you didn't respond to what I said; you responded to what everyone else had said. That is how miscommunications happen... although not in this case, because I'm awesomely cool and understanding. Also, I don't have a horse in this race!

  10. #110
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,893

    Re: Communications Chair of Sacramento County Dems Wishes Death on Cruz Speech... [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    We agree. Thing is almost nobody who entered this thread actually wanted to discuss the actual topic of the thread, and derailed it to suit themselves. The result is a quagmire flamefest complete with Mod Warning and most probably a few slapped wrists! I did respond to the actual topic of the thread, and was surprised when you set upon me!

    I'm not annoyed or anything, because I actually do like you and think you're a good poster. However, you didn't respond to what I said; you responded to what everyone else had said. That is how miscommunications happen... although not in this case, because I'm awesomely cool and understanding. Also, I don't have a horse in this race!
    I hope you don't think I was "setting upon" you; just clarifying that yes, while people were sidestepping and generally turning this into so much partisan fodder, nobody was actually defending this guy and, in the greater scheme of things, this guy isn't exactly a heavy hitter.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •