Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 237

Thread: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

  1. #41
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    the Affordable care act passed both the house and the senate because of using the rules of reconciliation, somthing that previous congresses have done before in the past, and with out key votes like Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, and arlen specter, the Affordable care act would not have made it out of commitee.
    The ACA passed the House with zero Republican support and passed the Senate only, as you say, because of a fraudulent application of the historical use of reconcilliation. Don't act like there's a trophy for that kind of "bipartisan negotiation".
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #42
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    You don't want to fund it because of the idealogical motivation of seeing it fail. you would rather have the affordable care act die in its crib rather than working to improve it because You cannot support the notion of Government providing health care to the people.
    If it's going to be implemented, it needs to be done as a plan that has a chance to succeed, and the Dems don't seem interested in any changes...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #43
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I believe you've already acknowledged that the ACA is flawed. Why not compromise and delay implementation until it can be fixed? The President has already delayed or altered almost half its provisions...
    Problem with that is that Democrats and Obama would have to acknowledge they made a mistake and they'd much rather muddle through no matter how many Americans suffer because of it.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #44
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,135

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com



    ok, somebody please explain to me what is going on with Boehner? Does he forget that this current congress has not even tried reconciling any of the bills that either the house and senate have passed? maybe it is because one sides demands are too extreme to be reconciled?

    Why does obama have to negotiate with harry reid? they both want the same thing: a clean bill that continues to fund the government, and a clean bill that raises the debt ceiling. they also want to stop the damage being done by the sequester spending cuts.
    There is no damage being done by the sequester cuts. Neither want a clean bill, they want what they want and will hold their breathe, stomp their feet, and shout "Na Na Na Na BOO BOO, I'm not listening, I'm not listening!!!" Until they get their way. Just like little spoiled children.

    Unfortunately, Boehner ain't man enough to be a parent and send them to their room without supper. The GOP would do well to cleanse itself of this wishy washy, limp-wristed, Time-Out giving wuss. They need to put someone in there who'll take off their belt and give these Obamacrat brats something to cry about...

  5. #45
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I believe you've already acknowledged that the ACA is flawed. Why not compromise and delay implementation until it can be fixed? The President has already delayed or altered almost half its provisions...
    we don't know what parts of it is flawed because it has not been fully implemented yet.

    also the fact that there is a reluctance on the part of republicans to actually inform their constituents about how the Affordable care acts echanges and provisions are supposed to work is not helping

  6. #46
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    The ACA passed the House with zero Republican support and passed the Senate only, as you say, because of a fraudulent application of the historical use of reconcilliation. Don't act like there's a trophy for that kind of "bipartisan negotiation".
    maybe because one party is ideologically opposed to any form of health care reform, they were not willing to negotiate.

  7. #47
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    we don't know what parts of it is flawed because it has not been fully implemented yet.

    also the fact that there is a reluctance on the part of republicans to actually inform their constituents about how the Affordable care acts echanges and provisions are supposed to work is not helping
    Why so adamant about the personal mandate? Did you hear that Walgreens announced today that they will be ending HC coverage for their employees and sending them to the exchanges? How do you think those employees feel this evening?

    Walgreens moves workers to private health-care exchange - The Washington Post
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #48
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,806

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Not at all.
    I'm sure Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security have been revbiewed over time.
    You guys don't get to attach laws to a CR.
    OTOH, please advise the Repubs to keep on keepin on for 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    If it's going to be implemented, it needs to be done as a plan that has a chance to succeed, and the Dems don't seem interested in any changes...

  9. #49
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    maybe because one party is ideologically opposed to any form of health care reform, they were not willing to negotiate.
    Maybe because one party is ideologically and financially beholden to special interests such as trial lawyers that party was not interested in negotiating changes to improve the healthcare system in place and instead chose to take it over, mangle it, exempt all their friends and leave the individual taxpayer holding their steaming bag of crap with no help in sight.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #50
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Not at all.
    I'm sure Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security have been revbiewed over time.
    You guys don't get to attach laws to a CR.
    OTOH, please advise the Repubs to keep on keepin on for 2014.
    I'm not aware the House has given up the power of the purse...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •