Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 237

Thread: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

  1. #201
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Their gerry-mandered constituents.
    What do you think of Dems getting more total votes for the House and the Repubs have such a big lead in seats?
    Opposite of what the Founders wanted.
    The reason why we have the 17th amendment.
    Thank goodness for T. Roosevelt, huh!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    They answer to their constituents, so yes...

  2. #202
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    How about chained CPI, another Repub scheme to defund Social Security.
    You guys won't be happy unhtil you cancel everything back through FDR and give us a 2nd world-wide depression.
    linc, you're grasping once again. Unless you want to raise taxes to provide increased levels of benefits, there has to be modifications...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    How about chained CPI, another Repub scheme to defund Social Security.
    You guys won't be happy unhtil you cancel everything back through FDR and give us a 2nd world-wide depression.
    And your point? What ever made you think we would get to the point where we would agree with your social agenda?

  4. #204
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I'm blaming Hughes for purposely expanding the regulatory power of the federal government and state governments. He was the kind of guy that would argue for government authority even if it violated the rights of people, so excuse me if I consider him a douchebag.
    which hughes are we talking about here just for the record

  5. #205
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    And your agenda is what?
    Is it to go back to the 1930's caused by the Repubs?
    If it is, you're sabotaging pretty well.
    In their case, they didn't know any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    And your point? What ever made you think we would get to the point where we would agree with your social agenda?

  6. #206
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Their gerry-mandered constituents.
    What do you think of Dems getting more total votes for the House and the Repubs have such a big lead in seats?
    Opposite of what the Founders wanted.
    The reason why we have the 17th amendment.
    Thank goodness for T. Roosevelt, huh!
    Total votes don't matter as House members are elected by district. This is the same type of fallacy put forth about the electoral college where winner takes all in the Presidential election which was not original intent...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Can Republicans get over the fact they lost? The nation did not want them ruling. We have seen 30 plus years of these jokers at the helm. Lets just say it wasn't pretty. "deficits don't matter", "Iraq is a dangerous threat", "Russia is going to attack", "Trickle down". all to the benefit of the top earners. Now they are crying again about afa. When will they get the message it aint gonna happen? Talk about a bunch of insane crazy people doing the same thing over, and over again, 42 by my count. AFA is off the table Republicans need to do their job. We don't need terrorist in our own country and that is exactly what they are doing now. I would not be so harsh, but what would the replace it with......we are still waiting for that one!

  8. #208
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    which hughes are we talking about here just for the record
    Charles Evans Hughes. Was that not the Hughes you brought up? Maybe you should research the men you bring up as the people Republicans need to be like.

  9. #209
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Now you're on to taxes, in a back-hand sort of way to come up with something.
    I'll give some credit there.
    These are not INCREASED levels for people.
    This is SOMETHING they don't even have.
    Once you mention modifications, now we're talking.
    Btw, I do have the ear of some of my Repub Congressman's people.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    linc, you're grasping once again. Unless you want to raise taxes to provide increased levels of benefits, there has to be modifications...

  10. #210
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    So you're saying total votes don't matter for either the House or Senate.
    And it doesn't bother you that we have a 17th amendment because of Gerry-mandering Repubs for 50 yeaqrs after Lincoln.
    Thank Goodness for that Progress---ive T. Roosevelt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Total votes don't matter as House members are elected by district. This is the same type of fallacy put forth about the electoral college where winner takes all in the Presidential election which was not original intent...

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •