Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 237

Thread: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    cruz is a senator but he has been causing trouble for the house leadership.
    Hopefully, so have we.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    You chose an add-on to respond to, don't blame you.
    Dangerous times demand something totally new with a CC.
    Now your team has started a statement on who is shutting the "whole damn thing down".
    What is next to defund after food stamps? Social Security, etc
    LOL. It would be wonderful if we defunded anything. We barely dented the massive food stamp fraud.

  3. #163
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    And the ironic part of that is the fact that it is the government itself that believes that's their primary function! : We can discuss overreach at another time!
    The government is a creation of the States...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #164
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    and Progressive; as were Lincoln, Eisenhower and domestic Nixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    All three of those men were progressives.

  5. #165
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    The states were non functional when the Federal government was created to save the states in every conceivable way.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    The government is a creation of the States...

  6. #166
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    I'm an understanding person and willing to entertain complicated positions. Many believe I'm a conservative, but I disagree with a lot of their economic beliefs...
    my positions are deeply rooted in what i believe is morally right and wrong, and what is humane.

  7. #167
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    The states were non functional when the Federal government was created to save the states in every conceivable way.
    linc, have you forgotten the ratification process that ensued after the writing of the Constitution?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    BTW, you have the privilege of voting, not a right. Ask a felony convict...
    why is voting, the only power that we citizens have in affecting policy in washington d.c, not a right?

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    it is the government's Human obligation to not let their citizens suffer needlessly.
    Is it better to make me a slave? Those are the options.
    Last edited by Misterveritis; 09-19-13 at 10:43 PM.

  10. #170
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    my positions are deeply rooted in what i believe is morally right and wrong, and what is humane.
    Humane is not the business of government. That is a set personal values...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •