Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 237

Thread: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    You don't want to fund it because of the idealogical motivation of seeing it fail. you would rather have the affordable care act die in its crib rather than working to improve it because You cannot support the notion of Government providing health care to the people.
    Yeah. Communism works every time it is tried. Right?

  2. #152
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I like all of those things. They do not go far enough. The EPA needs to be eliminated. Then every year we need to go after the most abusive, damaging of the remaining "independent" agencies. Let's do fifty a year until they are all gone.

    We need to destroy liberals until there are so few they need to be locked up in museums.
    so you think liberals and the liberal should not even exist?

    how far has the republican party has fallen from the greats like Robert La Follette, Charles Evans Hughes, and Theodore Roosevelt.

  3. #153
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    so you think liberals and the liberal should not even exist?

    how far has the republican party has fallen from the greats like Robert La Follette, Charles Evans Hughes, and Theodore Roosevelt.
    In what way do you you consider yourself Liberal in the true sense of individual liberty?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #154
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    In what way do you you consider yourself Liberal in the true sense of individual liberty?
    I believe in right to vote, and that i can not be discriminated againist because of my race, religion, sex, political beliefs.

    but my beliefs are complicated.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    so you think liberals and the liberal should not even exist?

    how far has the republican party has fallen from the greats like Robert La Follette, Charles Evans Hughes, and Theodore Roosevelt.
    All three of those men were progressives.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,934

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    All three of those men were progressives.
    and they contributed greatly to American politics.

  7. #157
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,343

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Good evening pg. It seems the government is expected to nanny, not govern...
    And the ironic part of that is the fact that it is the government itself that believes that's their primary function! : We can discuss overreach at another time!

  8. #158
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    I believe in right to vote, and that i can not be discriminated againist because of my race, religion, sex, political beliefs.

    but my beliefs are complicated.
    I'm an understanding person and willing to entertain complicated positions. Many believe I'm a conservative, but I disagree with a lot of their economic beliefs...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    just a question: how many people will suffer when the affordable care act is defunded?

    for example, the current proposal to defund obama care would also defund the CHIP Program.
    The answer to your first is that politicians and their staffs would suffer a bit.
    All of the socialist programs need to be eliminated.

  10. #160
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    I believe in right to vote, and that i can not be discriminated againist because of my race, religion, sex, political beliefs.

    but my beliefs are complicated.
    BTW, you have the privilege of voting, not a right. Ask a felony convict...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •