Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 237

Thread: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

  1. #91
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What? No one has an obligation to help them including the government.
    so if their child gets sick and they cannot afford to pay for private insurance, we should just stand by and do nothing to help them?

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    its not just the program, its the people who depend on it.
    Yeah, that much is obvious. Your point?

  3. #93
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    We all make our choices. They cannot change the fact they have a child, or want a child. All they want is to have affordable insurance for their children. They make too much to qualify for medicaid, but they cannot afford private insurance? who are they supposed to turn to in that situation. The chip program exists to help people who cannot qualify for medicaid but cannot afford private insurance.
    DON'T HAVE CHILDREN OR TAKE ON ANY OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES THAT YOU CANNOT ADEQUATELY SUPPORT. Sorry to yell, but it really is that simple...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    DON'T HAVE CHILDREN OR TAKE ON ANY OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES THAT YOU CANNOT ADEQUATELY SUPPORT. Sorry to yell, but it really is that simple...
    And what if They do have children because they want to?

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    so if their child gets sick and they cannot afford to pay for private insurance, we should just stand by and do nothing to help them?
    We? There is no we here pal. If you want to help this family you speak of be my guest. I have nothing against helping people in need if that is what people decide to do.

  6. #96
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    And what if They do have children because they want to?
    I may want to take your wealth. Should I expect government to support that decision?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #97
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    But when you say don't have children, you're now stepping on right-wing engineering.
    You and I both know teenagers specifically and humans in general.
    They are going to have SEX. Then comes the arguing on the A word. And contraception. ETC
    Present Moment Awareness on helping these folks TRANSITION .
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    DON'T HAVE CHILDREN OR TAKE ON ANY OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES THAT YOU CANNOT ADEQUATELY SUPPORT. Sorry to yell, but it really is that simple...

  8. #98
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    Boehner tried this before... reaching across the aisle and negotiating with Obama. Obama made a fool of him. Boehner gave Obama what he wanted in exchange for future consideration and Obama didn't hold up his end. He's a liar, I wouldn't do it either. If it weren't for Obama's security Boehner should have slapped that condescending grin off of his face. Fool me once...
    Funny I thought Boney got gobsmacked by his own party which balked at the compromise. He made himself the fool, and his own party betrayed him....

  9. #99
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    But when you say don't have children, you're now stepping on right-wing engineering.
    You and I both know teenagers specifically and humans in general.
    They are going to have SEX. Then comes the arguing on the A word. And contraception.
    present ZMoment Awareness on helping these folks TRANSITION .
    Individuals, possibly families, need to take responsibility for the results of their decisions. Not you, not me.
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: Boehner: Obama should negotiate on debt, but not with me

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    We? There is no we here pal. If you want to help this family you speak of be my guest. I have nothing against helping people in need if that is what people decide to do.
    when i say "we" i don't just mean you and me. I mean should we as a community, as a society, or as a nation stand by and do nothing to help our fellow people and countrymen? Is it wrong to have the belief that ones fellow humans should not be allowed to suffer?

    These people cannot qualify for medicaid but their children should not be denied coverage because they cannot afford private coverage. what the United states government spends its tax dollars on should benefit the American people.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •