Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 48

Thread: Russia to show "evidence" of chemical weapons used by Syrian rebels

  1. #21
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Russia to show "evidence" of chemical weapons used by Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I agree. We want a list of locations and Russian security (perhaps international as well) before Assad falls. That's much better than chasing down keys to chems after the crap hits the fan. I'm a hawk, and I'm wanting to wait a week to get that info. I expect Assad is negotiating for asylum in an African or Mideast country. He bought time to do that by allowing international control of the locations. If Assad leaves Syria, a transitional democratic government could be assembled with the help of the UN without direct Western military intervention.


    I wish that we could believe Assad will leave, but I very much doubt it...

  2. #22
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Russia to show "evidence" of chemical weapons used by Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    I wish that we could believe Assad will leave, but I very much doubt it...
    Why should Assad leave? It's the rebels murdering Christians and beheading children. Since the rebels are increasingly foreigners from out of the country, shouldn't the rebels leave?

  3. #23
    Guru
    Juanita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    now? COLORADO
    Last Seen
    04-27-16 @ 03:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,981

    Re: Russia to show "evidence" of chemical weapons used by Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Why should Assad leave? It's the rebels murdering Christians and beheading children. Since the rebels are increasingly foreigners from out of the country, shouldn't the rebels leave?


    I was responding to Ecofarm who believes Assad will leave.. I disagree..... There are dozens of rebel factions in Syria--some presently fighting each other as well as Assad's forces.. The Free Syrian Army is mostly made up of once moderate Syrians who were getting murdered by Assad for simply protesting in the streets..They took up arms against Assad.. Now there are groups of radical Islamics from all over the Muslim world.. Yes, they must be forced out one way or another..

  4. #24
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,991

    Re: Russia to show "evidence" of chemical weapons used by Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    As admitted? Look at my avatar (and title) and see my signature.

    The most unbelievable aspect of the event is that rebels could infiltrate multiple locations, set up rockets and fire without detection or resistance in Assad controlled Damascus. I guess his "evidence" will concern catching rebels at those locations.
    What about hired mercenaries posing as rebels or CIA posing as rebels? In theory Is that even a longshot possibility in your book? Or would you only believe it if an American mouthpiece said, "It was mercs."
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  5. #25
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: Russia to show "evidence" of chemical weapons used by Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    What about hired mercenaries posing as rebels or CIA posing as rebels? In theory Is that even a longshot possibility in your book? Or would you only believe it if an American mouthpiece said, "It was mercs."
    I don't care if it was clones of Chuck Norris. There is no way that rebels sneak into multiple locations of Assad controlled Damascus, set up a launch site, fire rockets and are not discovered in the process. And this was accomplished at 5-10 locations? Impossible.

  6. #26
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Russia to show "evidence" of chemical weapons used by Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I don't care if it was clones of Chuck Norris. There is no way that rebels sneak into multiple locations of Assad controlled Damascus, set up a launch site, fire rockets and are not discovered in the process. And this was accomplished at 5-10 locations? Impossible.
    Why? You've often said Saddam Hussein was faking a nuclear program and fooled a multitude of intelligence agencies. Now all of a sudden there's no way the exact same thing could happen. So Why is it impossible?

  7. #27
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: Russia to show "evidence" of chemical weapons used by Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Why? You've often said Saddam Hussein was faking a nuclear program and fooled a multitude of intelligence agencies. Now all of a sudden there's no way the exact same thing could happen. So Why is it impossible?
    Saddam faking a WMD program (something very easy) has nothing to do with the impossibility of rebels pulling off the rocket launches in Assad controlled Damascus without detection.

  8. #28
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Russia to show "evidence" of chemical weapons used by Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Saddam faking a WMD program (something very easy) has nothing to do with the impossibility of rebels pulling off the rocket launches in Assad controlled Damascus without detection.
    So it's impossible because you said so? I suppose it makes sense that your standards are so low. You think "John Kerry said so" is evidence so you think everyone else has your same low standards.

  9. #29
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    Re: Russia to show "evidence" of chemical weapons used by Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    So it's impossible because you said so? I suppose it makes sense that your standards are so low. You think "John Kerry said so" is evidence so you think everyone else has your same low standards.
    You think the rebels pulled off an impossible false-flag based on NOTHING.

  10. #30
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Russia to show "evidence" of chemical weapons used by Syrian rebels

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You think the rebels pulled off an impossible false-flag based on NOTHING.
    Impossible: you keep using that word but it doesn't mean what you think it means.

    The rebels are receiving training and support from the US. This is a fact. The rebels had weapons very similar to the ones used in the chemical attack. This is a fact. The Saudi's have been supporting the Rebel forces. This is a fact.

    So instead of saying it's impossible, explain how. Or perhaps you'll grade yourself a thesaurus and a dictionary, realize your error, and amend your statement?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •