Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 127

Thread: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over[W:67]

  1. #81
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So both are within your group plan?
    I am not part of a group plan but I have yet to find a doctor that won't take my insurance

  2. #82
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I am not part of a group plan but I have yet to find a doctor that won't take my insurance
    So you are able to switch Dr.'s (General Practitioners) within your policy and you determine who you go to based on price which you are able to determine prior to your visit?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #83
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,551

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Go ahead and show how a person with private insurance can go outside of his group plan and have a lower cost of procedure.....and get an estimate of the service prior to the procedure.
    You are assuming that all insurance has a HMO/PPO cartel attached to it, which is not so. The problem is that with insurance you really don't care what the ultimate cost is; you care only how it effects your out of pocket cost and the convenience of the provider.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #84
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    The problem is that with insurance you really don't care what the ultimate cost is
    Um, actually, that is what I care about, the "ultimate" cost of medical care in the US under the regime we have in place, ie private insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    So you are able to switch Dr.'s (General Practitioners) within your policy and you determine who you go to based on price which you are able to determine prior to your visit?
    In theory. Two medicare relatives I have yammer on about this. Husband goes to his doc and his out of pocket is less than his wife's co-pay at a different doc. Don't ask me why, but I have heard them fuss about this several times. Husband's appointments, however can take 1-2 hours because his doc schedules 10 people at once and gets to them as he gets to them but wife's seldom takes more than 30 minutes because her doc schedules in like 10 or 15 minute intervals.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    You are assuming that all insurance has a HMO/PPO cartel attached to it, which is not so. The problem is that with insurance you really don't care what the ultimate cost is; you care only how it effects your out of pocket cost and the convenience of the provider.
    Most group insurance does belong to one or the other.

    In the case of a PPO,, the health care providers agree to accept a pre negotiated price for services in exchange for members patronizing only their members. If the patient goes outside of the PPO, then he pays himself and at whatever the traffic will bear.

    In the case of an HMO, the patient actually belongs to an organization that directly provides health care. Again, if he goes outside of the HMO, then the insurance does not pay, and there is no pre negotiated price.

    the PPO, of course, has a urologist on staff (yes, that was a joke. Think about it.)
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #87
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    In theory.
    Nope, not talking about theory, talking real world as it exists in the US currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #88
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,551

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, actually, that is what I care about, the "ultimate" cost of medical care in the US under the regime we have in place, ie private insurance.
    Because the powers that be want to discourage medical savings accounts and catastophic medical care insurance. The more people paying for care directly then the lower the cost will be - because then it would matter. If your cost is $20 per visit, regardless of what care is given, then you don't much care (or likely even know) what gets billed to your insurance carrier.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  9. #89
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    then you don't much care
    You missed it, I do care. The discussion I am addressing is how we LOWER medical cost in the US. I know you want to make your point about cost not being seen by a policy holder....but that is not what I am discussing.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Nope, not talking about theory, talking real world as it exists in the US currently.
    In the real world, I know so many doctors and nurse practitioners, that I do not sit in waiting rooms unless it is at the ER with one of my relatives and sometimes they bill me and sometimes they don't

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •