Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 127

Thread: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over[W:67]

  1. #101
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Single payer insurance as used in the modern world has proven far superior to our patchwork system in keeping costs down, to be sure, but it still is plagued with increasing expense.
    Yes, we call that "inflation".....but that was not the point. Cost control is the point, there is little to no incentive for cost control in the private insurance market we have in place in the US, but it is the basis of SP.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #102
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yes, we call that "inflation".....but that was not the point. Cost control is the point, there is little to no incentive for cost control in the private insurance market we have in place in the US, but it is the basis of SP.

    There is inflation, to be sure, and then there are sectors of the economy that are outstripping inflation. Health care is one of them.

    Even the nations with pre paid health care are feeling the pinch, despite the fact that they pay a lot less than we do. That's why we need to think outside of the box instead of copying what someone else has done.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  3. #103
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    There is inflation, to be sure, and then there are sectors of the economy that are outstripping inflation. Health care is one of them.

    Even the nations with pre paid health care are feeling the pinch, despite the fact that they pay a lot less than we do. That's why we need to think outside of the box instead of copying what someone else has done.
    You are still avoiding the point.

    Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #104
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are still avoiding the point.

    Carry on.
    If, as you say, cost control is the point, and I totally agree that it has to be the point, then applying market principles to the problem is a good way to accomplish that.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I was addressing the COST OF SERVICES, not the comparative health of populations.

    Content and context phail.
    1. Services cost more when demand (from high levels of morbidity) strains supply.
    2. By controlling supply and demand, healthcare costs in other SP countries are whatever they want to allocate to that part of the economy. Doesn't mean we could adequately meet the healthcare needs (which are much higher than theirs) in our country with similar funding levels.

    Context and content was and is completely relevant to the discussion of medical costs.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,596

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    1. Services cost more when demand (from high levels of morbidity) strains supply.
    2. By controlling supply and demand, healthcare costs in other SP countries are whatever they want to allocate to that part of the economy. Doesn't mean we could adequately meet the healthcare needs (which are much higher than theirs) in our country with similar funding levels.

    Context and content was and is completely relevant to the discussion of medical costs.
    So, our health care system is OK, it is just fat, lazy Americans who are straining the system. That's why we pay more than twice as much on average as France.

    No kidding?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #107
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,145

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    You act as if the individual mandate is all there is to Obamacare. Nothing could be further from the truth. That concept could be put down in a couple pages and Obamacare consists of thousands of pages of taxes, regulations and mandates. I don't doubt that the concept could have originated at the Heritage Foundation. Lots of people work at that think tank and lots of different suggestions came from them. Republicans are full of bad ideas. So are Democrats. That's one I don't agree with however, the totality of Obamacare was not authored by Heritage, they do not support it in it's present form and neither does anyone else who has to deal with it's expense or complexities. Obamacare is strictly a Democrat bill, Democrats own it and if they had any sense they'd listen to the American people and scrap it.

    One fact is inescapable. The Heritage Foundation did nor write Obamacare, nor did they force it on Democrats or they responsible for the bill which is poorly conceived, poorly written and so far poorly executed.

    With Respect to Romneycare, I don't like it either but I don't have the same objective to it that I do to Obamacare because I believe the constitution authorized the states to deal with issues like health insurance. If they like it or want it in Mass. So be it.
    The individual mandate is the crux of Obamacare. It IS the central tenant. It was what Heritage authored and advocated in the 1990's as their answer to Hillary care, which was much more like universal healthcare. The point of the individual mandate is leverage the existing private insurance infrastructure to provide insurance for everyone and cost down on it by making everyone buy it. The existing plan is essence the Romney plan. Obamacare has very, very little democratic ideas within. It, at the end of the day, is very Republican. You can review any of the almost dozen articles I posted, they will all say it.

    To the original assertion about the Dems having their way.... no, the reason Obama used the Republican idea was to get Republican participation. But, as so many cases, if Obama likes a Republican idea, its time for Republicans to run away and act like they never heard of the (their own) idea in the first place.

    The Cons own Obamacare. The conceived it, developed and implemented it at the state level.... we could have had a real national healthcare system like EVERY other 1st world county, but the Cons are trying to build their idea utopia, New Somalia, right here in the Americas.

    http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...-on-it/259153/
    Last edited by upsideguy; 09-20-13 at 10:32 PM.

  8. #108
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    The individual mandate is the crux of Obamacare. It IS the central tenant. It was what Heritage authored and advocated in the 1990's as their answer to Hillary care, which was much more like universal healthcare. The point of the individual mandate is leverage the existing private insurance infrastructure to provide insurance for everyone and cost down on it by making everyone buy it. The existing plan is essence the Romney plan. Obamacare has very, very little democratic ideas within. It, at the end of the day, is very Republican. You can review any of the almost dozen articles I posted, they will all say it.

    To the original assertion about the Dems having their way.... no, the reason Obama used the Republican idea was to get Republican participation. But, as so many cases, if Obama likes a Republican idea, its time for Republicans to run away and act like they never heard of the (their own) idea in the first place.

    The Cons own Obamacare. The conceived it, developed and implemented it at the state level.... we could have had a real national healthcare system like EVERY other 1st world county, but the Cons are trying to build their idea utopia, New Somalia, right here in the Americas.

    Here's a Map of the Countries That Provide Universal Health Care (America's Still Not on It) - Max Fisher - The Atlantic
    Blaming Obamacare on anyone other than democrats is simply weird. I don't care if a conservative think tank talked about part of it in the nineties. The transformation of the idea is an unworkable mess that's very unpopular with the general public. Trying to push that on to conservatives is chicken**** in my opinion.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  9. #109
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,145

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Blaming Obamacare on anyone other than democrats is simply weird. I don't care if a conservative think tank talked about part of it in the nineties. The transformation of the idea is an unworkable mess that's very unpopular with the general public. Trying to push that on to conservatives is chicken**** in my opinion.
    Hardly "blaming" the Cons for Obamacare. In fact, I am saying the Cons should be proud of the fact that they substantially designed the rudiments of what will eventually be our national healthcare system. Of course, the thing I blame them for is feigning outrage over the implementation of their very creation.

    History will enjoy the great irony of it all.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 09-21-13 at 12:29 AM.

  10. #110
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,145

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    There is really only one way to deal with the ER problem: Remove the requirement that they treat anyone who walks in their doors.
    I know some people truly believe this kind of stuff, but others of us enjoy living in a civilized country. Certainly your post is a good rebuttal to those that want to declare America a Christian as what you advocate is anything but Christian:

    Matthew 25 40-46 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ 46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •