Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 127

Thread: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over[W:67]

  1. #91
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You missed it, I do care. The discussion I am addressing is how we LOWER medical cost in the US. I know you want to make your point about cost not being seen by a policy holder....but that is not what I am discussing.
    You lower your costs the same way that I lower my costs, pay cash as much as possible and compare prices. A huge factor causing high medical costs is the demand that free care be given (to those "unabe" to pay) and that few pay for their care directly. Even PPACA allows for 15% to 20% "waste" (overhead) simply to have third party middle men involved in routine care. I get a cash discount for paying for my care at time of service; no payment delay or added cost of payment billing/collection is involved.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  2. #92
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    You lower your costs the same way that I lower my costs, pay cash as much as possible and compare prices. I get a cash discount for paying for my care at time of service; no payment delay or added cost of payment billing/collection is involved.
    LOL....now you have gone from telling me that I am not concerned about lower costs within a US insurance regime.....to saying that we should go to a cash based medical care system.

    I have no idea why you think I am your sounding board for your non-sequiturs.

    Just post your crap without quoting me, for gods sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #93
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,552

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL....now you have gone from telling me that I am not concerned about lower costs within a US insurance regime.....to saying that we should go to a cash based medical care system.

    I have no idea why you think I am your sounding board for your non-sequiturs.

    Just post your crap without quoting me, for gods sake.
    I explained that back in post #88. Using medical savings accounts coupled with (very high deductable) catastrophic medical care insurance. So long as medical care insurance is not used for only the rare, unexpected and expensive events it will continue to go up in price. Consider what the cost of a automobile policy would be if it was mandated that it pay for worn tire replacement, oil changes, tune-ups and car washes/waxes. People have come to expect that medical care can be had by all for some fixed percentage of their income and that insurance overhead (paperwork and pament delay) should be involved in all routine medical care.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #94
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    So long as medical care insurance is not used for only the rare, unexpected and expensive events it will continue to go up in price.
    Got it, insurance....causes procedure cost increases!

    I have no idea why you think I am your sounding board for your non-sequiturs.

    Just post your crap without quoting me, for gods sake.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #95
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Well, if that corrupt old dog Warren Buffet said it then it must be true.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, my main criticism has always been that it addresses coverage but misses on cost dramatically.

    And no, tort reform and crossing state lines is not a magic bullet solution to this.

    edit: that, and the fact that it's further entrenching a faulty fee-for-service model.


    And it's no secret that big parma and big insurance are also coincidently the largest contributors of politicians and also employ the largest lobbying firms in Washington.. Hmmm???


    I've said since I moved here in 1998 that American's should be allowed to shop outside the USA for their drugs and healthcare.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  7. #97
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Lib View Post
    I agree. Scrap it. The only people who "like" Obama care are the people on the left who will support, in a hyper-partisan manner, anything that their side puts to paper. Most free thinking liberals I know dislike Obamacare as much as many conservatives (although for some different reasons)

    A big reason I voted for Obama in 2008 was the possibility of UHC and a single payer system. What we got was a bloated piece of crap that continues to serve big business above all.

    I say scrap it and work on medicare for all.
    Funny but it was Hillary who advocated UHC, Obama went for Romneycare.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Got it, insurance....causes procedure cost increases!
    Not all insurance, just insurance that is mandated to pay for everything. Imagine if homeowner's insurance had to pay for broken windows, leaky faucets, burned out light bulbs and such, and if the homeowner had no reason to care what such things cost to fix.

    Pretty soon, we'd all be out in the street, unable to afford homeowner's insurance.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #99
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Not all insurance, just insurance that is mandated to pay for everything.
    Sure...after all, single payer insurance used in the modern industrial world (except in the US)....has seen procedure cost increases greater than the US.....er......not.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Warren Buffet Says Scrap Obamacare Start over

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Sure...after all, single payer insurance used in the modern industrial world (except in the US)....has seen procedure cost increases greater than the US.....er......not.
    Single payer insurance as used in the modern world has proven far superior to our patchwork system in keeping costs down, to be sure, but it still is plagued with increasing expense. We can do not only better than we're doing, but better than the other nations are doing, if only we'd apply market economics to a universal health insurance program.

    But, alas, we won't. On one side, we'll hear about how any form of universal coverage is "socialism", and therefore evil, and on the other hand how the poor will never be able to afford the high deductible coverage we all know would control costs, and that meanwhile the insurance companies, the ones really running things, will never allow meaningful reform to pass.

    so, the discussion is largely academic anyway, at least until we control somehow the influence of money on politics.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •