Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 288

Thread: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claims In

  1. #271
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    There's a reason there's a law against "hate crimes." It isn't based on anecdotal evidence. You are placing too much importance on one incident and extrapolating it to mean something it doesn't. What happened in one case doesn't really matter much, when hate crimes exist. If you believe the book, which may not be true, after all.

    So, the KKK didn't kill black people...skinheads don't kill hispanics.....men don't rape and beat up women regularly.....all these things are just anecdotes, in your opinion. Okay, well, head in sand is an appropriate description of you. I think you have something against gay people, minorities, women, and other people who have been the victims of others because of what they are. Why else would you want to take such a hard stance that an obvious truth doesn't exist? Did you believe George Bush's tale that the sky was green, too? (Iraq WMDs)
    You left out a lot of different types of victims in your post. Perhaps a refresher at the Thought Police Institute is in order for you.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  2. #272
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claims In

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    There is no doubt that the perps are homophobes.
    You're lying again. That's all you do is lie.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #273
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    Either way, gay people ARE killed and beaten up for being gay, aren't they? I mean, years ago while riding around at night with guy friends (I was very young...you know how you hang out...and my boyfriend was there)...anyway, there were times where the guys (not my boyfriend) would joke about how they went gay bashing or were going to go gay bashing. They were talking about hunting down gays and beating them up. It's considered sport by some young men.

    Skinheads and such like to ride around and hunt for minorities to beat up or kill.

    This is not an uncommon thing. I'm surprised you aren't aware of it. There was even a video recently of a guy in drag in Russian getting beaten up by non-gay males.

    But I don't know much about the Shepherd case, really. Don't know why there would be a gag order for a criminal case.
    I'm surprised you don't know much about the Shepherd case [bolding mine]:

    The Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act, also known as the Matthew Shepard Act, is an American Act of Congress, passed on October 22, 2009,[1] and signed into law by President Barack Obama on October 28, 2009,[2] as a rider to the National Defense Authorization Act for 2010 (H.R. 2647). Conceived as a response to the murders of Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr., the measure expands the 1969 United States federal hate-crime law to include crimes motivated by a victim's actual or perceived gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    I don't think that gays being beaten up has ever been a commonplace, but I do remember Paul Broussard, who was murdered by a bunch of high school boys who wanted to "beat up some queers" in 1991. It's 2013. At least in my community, "fag-bashing" doesn't go on, and I don't imagine that it does in most cities. The gay people I love and work with too are ordinary people like me who are settled and successful, and their orientation isn't even an issue, only an "is" among many other far more interesting and important facets of who they are.

  4. #274
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez C...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    In the larger view, no it doesn't matter. Homosexuals don't face violence because of what happened to one young man. And they still face even if the wasn't quite correct. So, not, to that issue it doesn't really matter.


    That is merely the subject-change you wish to be "the point." We've already been over this.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #275
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez C...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post


    That is merely the subject-change you wish to be "the point." We've already been over this.
    No, it relates directly to the discussion.

    1) there is not enough evidence to verify this story.

    2) even if true, it has no bearing on the larger issue.

    Now, you can form a rebuttal if you want or are capable, but both comments are on point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #276
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez C...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it relates directly to the discussion.

    1) there is not enough evidence to verify this story.

    2) even if true, it has no bearing on the larger issue.

    Now, you can form a rebuttal if you want or are capable, but both comments are on point.
    I already told you why it has a bearing on this thread, if it's true. You never "rebutted" that. The "larger issue" isn't the issue of the thread. That's simply what you're trying to expand it to. The issue of the thread is the media handling of the specific case, nothing "larger" than that.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #277
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez C...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I already told you why it has a bearing on this thread, if it's true. You never "rebutted" that. The "larger issue" isn't the issue of the thread. That's simply what you're trying to expand it to. The issue of the thread is the media handling of the specific case, nothing "larger" than that.
    Yes I know, poor conservatives picked on by the big bad media. Again, that holds no significants. You have to show they knew what they were reporting wasn't valid or accurate.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #278
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez C...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes I know, poor conservatives picked on by the big bad media. Again, that holds no significants. You have to show they knew what they were reporting wasn't valid or accurate.
    Now you're changing the subject.

    Look, your "larger issue" is what you want to argue about, not what the thread is about. And the truth of what happened to Matthew Shepard is entirely relevant to what the thread is about, despite what you say. It's your "larger issue" which is irrelevant to the thread.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #279
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez C...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Now you're changing the subject.

    Look, your "larger issue" is what you want to argue about, not what the thread is about. And the truth of what happened to Matthew Shepard is entirely relevant to what the thread is about, despite what you say. It's your "larger issue" which is irrelevant to the thread.
    I'm all for the truth. So, provide some. But I repeat:


    1) there is not enough evidence to verify this story.

    2) even if true, it has no bearing on the larger issue.

    They speak directly to the OP and the comments that followed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #280
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez C...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm all for the truth. So, provide some. But I repeat:


    1) there is not enough evidence to verify this story.

    2) even if true, it has no bearing on the larger issue.

    They speak directly to the OP and the comments that followed.
    Yes, you repeat, which is your primary mode of "argument" -- the Boo Radley Merry-Go-Round.

    You can say it three thousand times, and you gladly would, but it won't make you right or your "larger issue" relevant to the thread. If all you're going to do is repeat, which is the norm with you, then there's nothing else to say.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •