Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 288

Thread: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claims In

  1. #261
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez C...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so you still believe that a couple of redneck homophobes beat him to death....I'll give you this, once you buy into the liberal meme, you really go all in.
    Believe? I'm not faith based on this type of thing. Two young men were convicted. That's a fact. Motives are seldom simple. But you're the one willing to leap over everything, on yet another issue, without solid proof, merely because you WANT it to be true. It's not me doing this.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez C...

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Believe? I'm not faith based on this type of thing. Two young men were convicted. That's a fact. Motives are seldom simple. But you're the one willing to leap over everything, on yet another issue, without solid proof, merely because you WANT it to be true. It's not me doing this.
    Best move on, J-Mac. When people know what you want to be true then there is little room for debate.

  3. #263
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez C...

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Best move on, J-Mac. When people know what you want to be true then there is little room for debate.
    If it weren't true, you both wouldn't be so sure. The second you guys hear the slightest thing, you leap in all the way. And you you never get tired of being wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #264
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Either way, gay people ARE killed and beaten up for being gay, aren't they? I mean, years ago while riding around at night with guy friends (I was very young...you know how you hang out...and my boyfriend was there)...anyway, there were times where the guys (not my boyfriend) would joke about how they went gay bashing or were going to go gay bashing. They were talking about hunting down gays and beating them up. It's considered sport by some young men.

    Skinheads and such like to ride around and hunt for minorities to beat up or kill.

    This is not an uncommon thing. I'm surprised you aren't aware of it. There was even a video recently of a guy in drag in Russian getting beaten up by non-gay males.

    But I don't know much about the Shepherd case, really. Don't know why there would be a gag order for a criminal case.

  5. #265
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    Either way, gay people ARE killed and beaten up for being gay, aren't they?
    Today? Not so much no....I am sure if you want to say that a gay person somewhere was beaten up because they were gay you could probably do so, but then again, I could say that somewhere a straight guy was beaten up by gays because they were straight also, its just that neither of us have no proof of this....Isn't using broad generalized statements fun?

    I mean, years ago while riding around at night with guy friends (I was very young...you know how you hang out...and my boyfriend was there)...anyway, there were times where the guys (not my boyfriend) would joke about how they went gay bashing or were going to go gay bashing. They were talking about hunting down gays and beating them up. It's considered sport by some young men.
    Oh, years ago eh? un huh....And how old were you crazy kids? 15? I think either they or you were talking out of another orifice...Further, anecdotal evidence means nothing other than your personal experience anyway, it certainly proves nothing, much less the motives on why Matthew Shepard was killed.

    Skinheads and such like to ride around and hunt for minorities to beat up or kill.
    Wow, you would think listening to you that it is a common occurrence...I can't remember the last time I heard about it in the news....In fact, I have heard of more cases in the news of young black men attacking white men based on skin color than I have instances of 'gay bashing' lately....Yours is an appeal to emotion, and as such a fail.

    This is not an uncommon thing. I'm surprised you aren't aware of it. There was even a video recently of a guy in drag in Russian getting beaten up by non-gay males.
    Why? because you say so..? Nah, it is not common, nor is the example you give even in this country....Let's stick to the topic shall we?

    But I don't know much about the Shepherd case, really. Don't know why there would be a gag order for a criminal case.
    So, you don't know much about the topic of the thread, but you just felt that you just had to jump in and give your own (I think totally made up) anecdotes, and assumptions, and false narratives? Tell you what, there are 27 pages of posts, start at the beginning, and read both sides, and you will have a pretty good idea, then come on back...Oh and don't forget to actually read the articles presented as they will give you an insight...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #266
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    I wonder if 9/11 truthers and Shepard truthers are the same people?
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  7. #267
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    There's a reason there's a law against "hate crimes." It isn't based on anecdotal evidence. You are placing too much importance on one incident and extrapolating it to mean something it doesn't. What happened in one case doesn't really matter much, when hate crimes exist. If you believe the book, which may not be true, after all.

    So, the KKK didn't kill black people...skinheads don't kill hispanics.....men don't rape and beat up women regularly.....all these things are just anecdotes, in your opinion. Okay, well, head in sand is an appropriate description of you. I think you have something against gay people, minorities, women, and other people who have been the victims of others because of what they are. Why else would you want to take such a hard stance that an obvious truth doesn't exist? Did you believe George Bush's tale that the sky was green, too? (Iraq WMDs)

  8. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    There's a reason there's a law against "hate crimes." It isn't based on anecdotal evidence. You are placing too much importance on one incident and extrapolating it to mean something it doesn't. What happened in one case doesn't really matter much, when hate crimes exist. If you believe the book, which may not be true, after all.

    So, the KKK didn't kill black people...skinheads don't kill hispanics.....men don't rape and beat up women regularly.....all these things are just anecdotes, in your opinion. Okay, well, head in sand is an appropriate description of you. I think you have something against gay people, minorities, women, and other people who have been the victims of others because of what they are. Why else would you want to take such a hard stance that an obvious truth doesn't exist? Did you believe George Bush's tale that the sky was green, too? (Iraq WMDs)
    So we have to believe the original Mathew Shepherd story or we hate Gays, women, Blacks, etc.?

  9. #269
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez C...

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so you still believe that a couple of redneck homophobes beat him to death....I'll give you this, once you buy into the liberal meme, you really go all in.
    There is no doubt that the perps are homophobes.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #270
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I heard the author last night on the radio talking about his book, and an interesting thing is that he made mention that he was already under attack from people that just a week ago were calling him a friend....Then he told the interviewer that the ironic thing is that the people attacking him know he is a liberal minded person too....!

    Another political tactic being revealed here. The power of narrative, and what to do when exposed....They will either

    1. attack personally, and viciously

    or

    2. remain totally silent and continue on with the lie.
    Allow me a slight correction, por favor.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I heard the author last night on the radio talking about his book, and an interesting thing is that he made mention that he was already under attack from people that just a week ago were calling him a friend....Then he told the interviewer that the ironic thing is that the people attacking him know he is a liberal minded person too....!

    Another political tactic being revealed here. The power of narrative, and what to do when exposed....They will either

    1. attack personally, and viciously

    and

    2. continue on with the lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •