Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 288

Thread: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claims In

  1. #161
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,704

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because he was gay.
    Who..the perpetrator, the accomplice, the victim, all of the above? And since the prosecutor did not say "because of drugs and he was gay", I guess that means....YOU LIE!


  2. #162
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Who..the perpetrator, the accomplice, the victim, all of the above? And since the prosecutor did not say "because of drugs and he was gay", I guess that means....YOU LIE!

    The prosecutor didn't say "because of drugs" either
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #163
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,704

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, there are different kinds of hate crimes

    This murder was a hate crime. Even the Advocate says so, even though you have repeatedly lied about the Advocates position on this matter
    The Advocate makes the allowance that it may be because the PERPETRATOR suffered from SELF HATRED...making it a 'type of hate crime', not an anti gay hate crime. You are intentionally misrepresenting their comments. THEY manage to view the book and situation in an unbiased manner. You...do not. You...lie.

  4. #164
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,704

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The prosecutor didn't say "because of drugs" either
    Quote offered...and all you have to do is counter it. Or keep making your statements without foundation. You know...lying.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    OK...Im fine with the "tigger" anti-gay component. Now...how often have you seen pro gay individuals excuse and justify their across the board intolerance of anti-ssm types (people you accept as NOT anti-gay but rather people with a different belief system than yours) with cute little slogans like "I have no requirement to be tolerant of your bigotry!"? More than a few? Said it yourself maybe?
    Bigotry is a whole different subject and is displayed by BOTH sides. Do you think as a whole America is intolerant of the view that interracial marriage should be illegal? I would say yes, America is as a whole.

    Tell me is the anti-SSM tolerant of gay marriage? I would say No, they aren't. Is the pro-SSM tolerant of the view of anti-SSM? I would say no, they aren't.

    Now, there is the level of intolerance involved as well. Am I intolerant of the view that SSM should be banned to the point I want to make that viewpoint ILLEGAL? No, I'm not. Would I be intolerant to the point I won't have them as my friend if they hold a anti-SSM belief? Absolutely. Just like I wouldn't be friends with someone who hated black people or held the view that interracial marriage should be illegal.

  6. #166
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The Advocate makes the allowance that it may be because the PERPETRATOR suffered from SELF HATRED...making it a 'type of hate crime', not an anti gay hate crime. You are intentionally misrepresenting their comments. THEY manage to view the book and situation in an unbiased manner. You...do not. You...lie.
    The Advocate says that it is a hate crime, even if the author is right.

    You are intentionally misrepresenting their comments

    That is, of course, a kind of hate crime — just not as straightforward as the one we’ve embraced all these years.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #167
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, there are different kinds of hate crimes

    This murder was a hate crime. Even the Advocate says so, even though you have repeatedly lied about the Advocates position on this matter
    You are changing the context of what the Advocate said...They clearly were using "kind of" as in reaching to justify and continuing to advocate for the LGBT community as a whole...They were not saying that the crime itself was actually a hate crime...IOW, they were just saving face at that point in the article.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #168
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Quote offered...and all you have to do is counter it. Or keep making your statements without foundation. You know...lying.
    No, all you have offered is a butchered quote and even that has been countered.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    THEY manage to view the book and situation in an unbiased manner.
    And how do you know this? How do you know they are viewing it in an unbiased manner?

  10. #170
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You are changing the context of what the Advocate said...They clearly were using "kind of" as in reaching to justify and continuing to advocate for the LGBT community as a whole...They were not saying that the crime itself was actually a hate crime...IOW, they were just saving face at that point in the article.
    No, they clearly stated that this crime was a hate crime

    That is, of course, a kind of hate crime — just not as straightforward as the one we’ve embraced all these years.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •