Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 288

Thread: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claims In

  1. #111
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I'm not accepting anything as fact, I haven't seen the book or looked at the evidence. My support for the gay rights movement is not based on Matthew Shepard. I was just curious if you had actually seen the evidence since you claim this version as "truth".
    No, I don't think you are. I think you are simply trying to poke holes, because you don't like that a narrative furthering a political agenda from a side you support is shown to be a false construct.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #112
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    "None of this is idle speculation; it’s the fruit of years of dogged investigation by journalist Stephen Jimenez, himself gay. In the course of his reporting, Jimenez interviewed over 100 subjects, including friends of Shepard and of his convicted killers, Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson, as well as the killers themselves (though by the book’s end you may have more questions than answers about the extent of Henderson’s complicity). In the process, he amassed enough anecdotal evidence to build a persuasive case that Shepard’s sexuality was, if not incidental, certainly less central than popular consensus has lead us to believe."

    Again...this is from "The Advocate" and their review of the book and circumstances. I actually respect the fact that they arent ****ting themselves trying to discredit the book and are actually giving both the author and the subject an actual review, unlike those that feel the need to by damn protect and defend the mythology based on nothing more than the mythology.

    Absolutely Vance. But isn't it amazing the attack one comes under when simply pointing this out?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    In the inverse, have you seen the information, or evidence that disqualifies this theory of the crime? Or, are you just taking the word of those who constructed the narrative early in the aftermath of the crime to further a political agenda?
    What part of "I'm not accepting anything as fact" did you not get? I have read a little bit about the case, but I have no investment in it so I can't factually say anything is truth or not.

    So the question still is, have you seen the evidence since you claim this version as "truth"?

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, I don't think you are. I think you are simply trying to poke holes, because you don't like that a narrative furthering a political agenda from a side you support is shown to be a false construct.
    I've answered your questions and I haven't taken anything as "truth" as you have. So have you seen the evidence that this is "truth" as you claim, or are you just taking the narrative that it is.

    The gay rights movement is not dependent on something that happened to Matt Shepard.

  5. #115
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    It's not just this one case that is the only issue.

    The bigger issue is the acknowledgement by a gay special rights group that they willingly and knowingly lie to advance their cause. And the idiots that believe anything they have to say.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  6. #116
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I've answered your questions and I haven't taken anything as "truth" as you have. So have you seen the evidence that this is "truth" as you claim, or are you just taking the narrative that it is.

    The gay rights movement is not dependent on something that happened to Matt Shepard.
    Did you even bother to read the Advocate article? Me thinks not with this statement.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Did you even bother to read the Advocate article? Me thinks not with this statement.
    So you're basing as "truth", the Advocate article? That's your rock solid proof that what you say is "truth"?

  8. #118
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Absolutely Vance. But isn't it amazing the attack one comes under when simply pointing this out?
    Amazing? Not at all. Typical. Pro-gay people can be some of the most ugly intolerant people I have ever seen.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    It's not just this one case that is the only issue.

    The bigger issue is the acknowledgement by a gay special rights group that they willingly and knowingly lie to advance their cause. And the idiots that believe anything they have to say.
    Let's say we take what you say as the truth and they did lie.

    So you're saying that ALL gay people knowingly lie and therefore people shouldn't believe ANYTHING a gay person says. Are you really going that route?

  10. #120
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you're basing as "truth", the Advocate article? That's your rock solid proof that what you say is "truth"?
    And what pray tell do YOU base your 'truth' on? Have you read that rather unbiased (or rather...a source that has every reason to be biased and yet manages to NOT) source and review? I know you havent read the book and are blessed with all manner of mythology. But have you read ANY opposing viewpoints?

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •