Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 288

Thread: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claims In

  1. #101
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,821

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sorry man, I think you are being a little simplistic on the motives, all for the sake of dismissing the truth.
    "The truth?" What, the truth that is hidden away in this guy's book you can buy? Have you even read it, seen the evidence to support this idea? What agenda is being pushed here? That's it's not ok to torture and murder people for being gay? Is there a problem with this "agenda?"
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sorry man, I think you are being a little simplistic on the motives, all for the sake of dismissing the truth.
    Have you yourself seen this "information" that is the so called "truth" or are you just taking the word of an article?

  3. #103
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,281

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    "The truth?" What, the truth that is hidden away in this guy's book you can buy? Have you even read it, seen the evidence to support this idea? What agenda is being pushed here? That's it's not ok to torture and murder people for being gay? Is there a problem with this "agenda?"
    Straw arguments interest me little.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #104
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, it would seem that a liberal journalist, Stephen Jimenez is coming out with this, and the liberal machine is not happy with him....It brings up a serious look into how progressive liberals construct 'narratives' though, and how to understand how they are rarely based in truth.

    Thoughts?
    Never even heard of this guy......
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #105
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,281

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Have you yourself seen this "information" that is the so called "truth" or are you just taking the word of an article?
    I've looked into as much as I can, as a lay person, not connected with the case from day one, have you? Or are you just accepting what the narrative, and your ideological predilections tell you to believe?

    If you want to be led like a sheep, that is up to you, I try not to be.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I've looked into as much as I can, as a lay person, not connected with the case from day one, have you? Or are you just accepting what the narrative, and your ideological predilections tell you to believe?

    If you want to be led like a sheep, that is up to you, I try not to be.
    I'm not accepting anything as fact, I haven't seen the book or looked at the evidence. My support for the gay rights movement is not based on Matthew Shepard. I was just curious if you had actually seen the evidence since you claim this version as "truth".

  7. #107
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,694

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's all you got? Really? The narrative was absolutely set up by pro gay community to give legs to the lie.
    "None of this is idle speculation; it’s the fruit of years of dogged investigation by journalist Stephen Jimenez, himself gay. In the course of his reporting, Jimenez interviewed over 100 subjects, including friends of Shepard and of his convicted killers, Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson, as well as the killers themselves (though by the book’s end you may have more questions than answers about the extent of Henderson’s complicity). In the process, he amassed enough anecdotal evidence to build a persuasive case that Shepard’s sexuality was, if not incidental, certainly less central than popular consensus has lead us to believe."

    Again...this is from "The Advocate" and their review of the book and circumstances. I actually respect the fact that they arent ****ting themselves trying to discredit the book and are actually giving both the author and the subject an actual review, unlike those that feel the need to by damn protect and defend the mythology based on nothing more than the mythology.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Rachel Maddow is going to crap her pantsuit.

  9. #109
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    09-30-13 @ 04:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    698

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Rachel Maddow is going to crap her pantsuit.
    Please ... The image ... Have mercy.

  10. #110
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,281

    Re: Matthew Shepard Murdered By Bisexual Lover And Drug Dealer, Stephen Jimenez Claim

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Have you yourself seen this "information" that is the so called "truth" or are you just taking the word of an article?
    In the inverse, have you seen the information, or evidence that disqualifies this theory of the crime? Or, are you just taking the word of those who constructed the narrative early in the aftermath of the crime to further a political agenda?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •