Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 373

Thread: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Showdow

  1. #271
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    At state level there is. We're talking about state's rights here.
    Sorry...but the Supremacy Clause trumps states rights when dealing with a fundamental right.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #272
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    No gay gene = not genetic

    They've studied Identical Twins and confirmed

    There is a clash of morals here. Let the states decide.
    sorry your morals are meaningless to others rights and marriage. States are already losing that battle when pushed to those limits and more are going to fall soon like they should.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Meh I'm not big on statism in regards to individual rights
    Has nothing to do with Individual Rights. Being gay is not a race. Why should gays have the right to redefine marriage to whatever postmodernism definition they see fit over polygamists or pedophiles? Yea I know, we'll never go there right? Yea sure we won't. The groundwork to rationalize it as "normal" and therefore "acceptable" is already being lain.

    Gays don't deserve a special right to redefine marriage over any other political group based upon their sexual deviancy. They should create their own institutions, their own traditions for the homosexual community. Marriage is for heteros only and it should stay that way. If it's about taxes and inheritance, then just grant those institutions and traditions homosexuals create the same exempt status. This should be left up to the states to decide however. These types of social issues were supposed to be worked out by the states by design. In the instance of "gay rights", what they want tramples on the rights of others and changes the definition of words for no rational reason, so the concept of it being a "right" that gay people previously didn't possess is a false premise.

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry...but the Supremacy Clause trumps states rights when dealing with a fundamental right.
    There is no right for gays to be able to marry in The Constitution. The Founders never conceived of such a deviant perversion of marriage.

  4. #274
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional S

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    No gay gene = not genetic

    They've studied Identical Twins and confirmed

    There is a clash of morals here. Let the states decide.
    They've studied identifical twins and confirmed there is a genetic component. Twins are more likely to both be gay then non identical siblings and they in turn more so than two strangers.

  5. #275
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Has nothing to do with Individual Rights.
    Yes we are

    Being gay is not a race.
    Whoop te dooo

    Why should gays have the right to redefine marriage to whatever postmodernism definition they see fit over polygamists or pedophiles? Yea I know, we'll never go there right?
    yeap







    There is no right for gays to be able to marry in The Constitution. The
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.[1]

    Founders never conceived of such a deviant perversion of marriage.
    We don't live in the 18th century.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional S

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    They've studied identifical twins and confirmed there is a genetic component. Twins are more likely to both be gay then non identical siblings and they in turn more so than two strangers.
    We're talking about Identical DNA here. The most recent studies show only a 7% attraction among IDTwin males and around 5% for females. If it's genetic, it would be certain 100% of the time. More than 8 major studies have been done across many countries trying to answer this question. It's the same result every time. Homosexuality is not genetic. All research leads to post birth factors. We can't have that discussion though, because that would mean that homosexuality as a condition can be cured through intensive therapy and treatment. For those homosexuals who know they are living a dirty life of sin and debauchery, the option should be there for treatment, but the Left wants to deny them that right.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Yes we are



    Whoop te dooo



    yeap









    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.[1]



    We don't live in the 18th century.
    Whole lot of nothing in your post

  7. #277
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    1.)Has nothing to do with Individual Rights.
    2.) Being gay is not a race.
    3.) Why should gays have the right to redefine marriage to whatever postmodernism definition they see fit over polygamists or pedophiles?
    4.) Yea I know, we'll never go there right? Yea sure we won't. The groundwork to rationalize it as "normal" and therefore "acceptable" is already being lain.
    5.) Gays don't deserve a special right to redefine marriage over any other political group based upon their sexual deviancy. They should create their own institutions, their own traditions for the homosexual community. Marriage is for heteros only and it should stay that way. If it's about taxes and inheritance, then just grant those institutions and traditions homosexuals create the same exempt status. This should be left up to the states to decide however. These types of social issues were supposed to be worked out by the states by design.
    6.) In the instance of "gay rights", what they want tramples on the rights of others and changes the definition of words for no rational reason, so the concept of it being a "right" that gay people previously didn't possess is a false premise.
    7.)There is no right for gays to be able to marry in The Constitution. The Founders never conceived of such a deviant perversion of marriage.
    1.) 100% false, please see the facts, laws, court cases and precedence that already prove you wrong. Try to educate yourself on these matters
    2.) this has nothing to do with it, religion isnt a race either
    3.) they are not, they are fighting for EQUAL rights as the courts have already established. again try to deal in facts and not your made up fantasy.
    4.) this severly topically uneducated strawman has been destroyed over and over again. Let us know when you have any facts to support it
    5.) good nobody is asking for special rights that makes the rest of this inane fallacy babble moot.
    6.) there are factually no rights being trampled on by granting equal rights to gays, this fallacy and strawman is also a failure. if you disagree please use FACTS and point them out.
    7.) can you point out where the constitution defines marriage?

    wow, try to focus on facts and logic instead of just making stuff up, youll have better success and your posts wont fail so easy.

    Ill be waiting for this list of facts that support the lies you posted.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #278
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    It's Texas' choice to do this if they want to. No law prohibits it.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  9. #279
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional S

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    They've studied identifical twins and confirmed there is a genetic component. Twins are more likely to both be gay then non identical siblings and they in turn more so than two strangers.
    Sorry, but you have been misinformed. No study conclusively has found a genetic link to homosexuality. Not that it matters in this debate.

  10. #280
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional S

    Good to see conservatives standing up for more stringent divorce laws!

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •