Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 373

Thread: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Showdow

  1. #261
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Exactly

    Let the states decide (by vote) if they want to recognize filthy and deviant forms of sham/pretend marriages
    Should your marriage be put to a majority rules vote?

    What if we put inter-racial marriage to a popular vote?

    Perhaps a law that says only Christians can marry....would that be ok to put to a popular vote?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #262
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,203

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Wrong. The right to marry has been recognized by the SCOTUS to be a fundamental right. There is no similar status for smoking weed. Just sayin.
    At state level there is. We're talking about state's rights here.

  3. #263
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    At state level there is. We're talking about state's rights here.
    We are talking about individual rights

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Should your marriage be put to a majority rules vote?

    What if we put inter-racial marriage to a popular vote?

    Perhaps a law that says only Christians can marry....would that be ok to put to a popular vote?
    Being gay is not a race. Homosexuality is not genetic. There is no gay gene.

    Interracial marriage does not change the definition of marriage from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ?

    You're trotting out an old, tired, cliche and dishonest strawman

  5. #265
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Wrong. The right to marry has been recognized by the SCOTUS to be a fundamental right. There is no similar status for smoking weed. Just sayin.
    once again common sense facts like this will go ignored when they destroy the failed examples
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #266
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Being gay is not a race. Homosexuality is not genetic. There is no gay gene.

    Interracial marriage does not change the definition of marriage from man + woman to man + ? or woman + ?

    You're trotting out an old, tired, cliche and dishonest strawman
    not strawmen those are all factual equal and civil rights that destroy any lie you put before them


    by that mentally retarded and inane failed logic we should drop all protections for religion, its not a race, its not a gene? oooops. your post fails again.

    FACTS: SSM is real marriage, no amount of opinion chest thumping and hurt feelings will change that fact
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #267
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,814

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    We are talking about individual rights
    ding ding ding ding

    its the whole reason this cases is still going on and its made it this far.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Being gay is not a race. Homosexuality is not genetic. There is no gay gene.
    That has yet to be be proven either way. Although evidence does point to their being a genetic component. And if there isn't way care. There are plenty of things that are rights that are are a choice like religion

  9. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    That has yet to be be proven either way. Although evidence does point to their being a genetic component. And if there isn't way care. There are plenty of things that are rights that are are a choice like religion
    No gay gene = not genetic

    They've studied Identical Twins and confirmed

    There is a clash of morals here. Let the states decide.

  10. #270
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    No gay gene = not genetic

    They've studied Identical Twins and confirmed

    There is a clash of morals here. Let the states decide.
    Meh I'm not big on statism in regards to individual rights

Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •