Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 373

Thread: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Showdow

  1. #221
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Implied law? ROTFLMAO
    sure there are all manner of implied laws. when you have an affirmative statement in law the opposite is implied.

  2. #222
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    sure there are all manner of implied laws. when you have an affirmative statement in law the opposite is implied.
    Okay what are these implied laws and when do they up in court?

  3. #223
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And these guys want to dissolve their marriage. Maybe the federal government will just have to do it. Guess what that would mean....
    They can't constitutionally as of now. Maybe they should find a state that will. As a matter of fact maybe a nearby left leaning state could waive residency rules and make some additional revenue by charging fees for providing this service! That'd be great.

  4. #224
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Okay what are these implied laws and when do they up in court?
    weird a couple other states saw this huge glaring hole and decided to ban gay divorce in wiring, guess they never heard of it either or they were just legally smart enough to patch the hole know a good case could bust it wide open. EVen though thats going to happen anyway
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #225
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    They can't constitutionally as of now. Maybe they should find a state that will. As a matter of fact maybe a nearby left leaning state could waive residency rules and make some additional revenue by charging fees for providing this service! That'd be great.
    What prevents the federal government the ones that recognize tax laws and SS benefits for married couples from granting a divorce Constitutionally?

  6. #226
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What prevents the federal government the ones that recognize tax laws and SS benefits for married couples from granting a divorce Constitutionally?
    better yet what does a "left leaning state" have to do with it? logic like that is as stupid and failed as we texans.

    theres tons of righties that are for equal rights.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #227
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    better yet what does a "left leaning state" have to do with it? logic like that is as stupid and failed as we texans.

    theres tons of righties that are for equal rights.
    Some people will just say anything

  8. #228
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Some people will just say anything
    seems that way
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #229
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Okay what are these implied laws and when do they up in court?
    Let me state the obvious (and I will type this slowly for your benefit). If Texas defines marriage between one man and one woman. That implies that one man and another man cannot fit that definition. Where there is no marriage as defined by the state, that implies that there can be no divorce. There you go two examples of implied law in this very case that we are talking about, imagine that!

  10. #230
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    better yet what does a "left leaning state" have to do with it? logic like that is as stupid and failed as we texans.

    theres tons of righties that are for equal rights.
    I assume left leaning states would be more apt. There, I concede your point your not batting 1000 anymore.

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •