Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 373

Thread: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Showdow

  1. #181
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) weird you like to just make things up don't you? who said anybody wanted them banned from enterrting the state? it was even slightly suggested
    2.) nobody has broken any laws, so again another meaningless point
    3.) false, texas doesnt grant those marriages but they exist hence way theres a SSC trial scheduled.
    4.) nothing to deal with because what you said was not a fact.
    1. responded to a post that said exactly that, so you lied.
    2. There are criminal laws and there are civil laws, one doesn't have to break a law, I couldn't type this any slower for you.
    3. false logic. "Exist" doesn't mean state sanctioned
    4. false

  2. #182
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Yea I've read this and I hold to my point.
    awesome double down on a failed point and yours post unbelievable lack of logic, good job
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #183
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Social Security I bet is going recognize this couple as married unless they get a legal divorce.
    yes because their marriage in Mass. is sufficient for federal acceptance.

  4. #184
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    This Texan, me, knows marriage is a right.
    OK good for you.

  5. #185
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    yes because their marriage in Mass. is sufficient for federal acceptance.
    They moved they want a divorce why shouldn't they be able to get one and dissolve this on the federal level?

  6. #186
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,787

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    1. responded to a post that said exactly that, so you lied.
    2. There are criminal laws and there are civil laws, one doesn't have to break a law, I couldn't type this any slower for you.
    3. false logic. "Exist" doesn't mean state sanctioned
    4. false
    1.) no it factually did not, but please continue to make stuff and posting lies, the link to my post proves you wrong, try something called context. it was talking about how its assumed they just shouldnt come there, NOBODY said people wanted them banned. thanks for playing your posts loses again.
    2.) and this changes nohting, nobody broke any laws so your point is mute and meaningless
    3.) you are 100% correct, you posted false logical because nobody mentioned state sanctioned, please link me saying its state sanctioned, thats right you can. in fact in my post i said it was not recognized by the state but for some reason you still made this wrong meaningless post.
    4.) facts disagree with you and you have been proven wrong.
    wow you really do make up a lot in your head.

    hint: stick to what is actually written and if you get confused, ask question, youll have much better success then all these failed and wrong assumptions
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #187
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Hello bright eyes. You are missing the point. The federal government recognizes the marriage. Should they want to get a divorce they should be able to.
    Read your tax law, fed recognizes based on state marriage. They were legally married in Mass. that's the basis.

  8. #188
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) weird can you quote where i said they did? wow you do like to make stuff up and argue against it. thats called a strawman and it failed.
    2.) nope it did not, it didnt even tackle the subject, it left it stale mate for now
    3.) actually to the discussion i was having in its context, not only did it have a barring it was factual, but i can see your confusion since you make stuff up, your mistake.
    1. wrong
    2. wrong
    3. wrong
    please say something intelligent that adds to the discussion.

  9. #189
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And your agenda is what?
    To respect state laws and resist the federal growing imposition.

  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Texas' Refusal To Allow Gay Couples To Divorce May Be The Next Constitutional Sho

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Read your tax law, fed recognizes based on state marriage. They were legally married in Mass. that's the basis.
    And as far as I know they can still file a joint income tax statement and the Social Security rules still apply even though they live in Texas and are Texas residents. They want to dissolve all this and they should be able to from here just like a heterosexual married in MA would be able to.

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •