Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 292

Thread: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

  1. #241
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Assad hasn't killed any civilians. I can find no evidence to the contrary.
    Ok... how many civilians have been killed by Assad's forces, in your guess/estimation/opinion?

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    There's always collateral damage when you're fighting terrorists who hide in apartments and schools.

    Assad hasn't killed any civilians. I can find no evidence to the contrary.
    Lets not forget the UN doesn't distinguish those civilians that are non-combatants with those civilians that are families of the Rebels and or supporters. That hide and supply them as well as work to spot out Assad's forces. Their Underground so to speak.

  3. #243
    Sage
    RDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Last Seen
    10-10-17 @ 05:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,398

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Obama is actually a puppet. I wonder who is pulling the strings.

  4. #244
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,086
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Ok... how many civilians have been killed by Assad's forces, in your guess/estimation/opinion?
    Oh to be honest I don't care. He's fighting against Al-Qaeda. He can burn his entire country to ash if it means the death of Al-Qaeda. But I will point out that he's the legitimately elected president, and the fact that he protects minorities and has been pursuing a secular government is a bonus.

  5. #245
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Oh to be honest I don't care. He's fighting against Al-Qaeda. He can burn his entire country to ash if it means the death of Al-Qaeda.
    That's insanity.

    But I will point out that he's the legitimately elected president,
    hahaha

    When the elder Assad died on on 10 June 2000, Bashar was appointed leader of the Ba'ath Party and the Army,[citation needed] and was elected president unopposed in what the government claimed to be a massive popular support (97% of the votes), after the Majlis al-Sha'ab (Parliament) swiftly voted to lower the minimum age for candidates from 40 to 34 (Assad's age when he was elected).[citation needed] On 27 May 2007, Bashar was approved as president for another seven-year term, with the official result of 97.6% of the votes in a referendum without another candidate.[26]
    Bashar al-Assad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  6. #246
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,240

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Does Putin have evidence?

    Anyway, he's arming the terrorist.
    Seems to me it's Obomba arming the terrorists...

  7. #247
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,240

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    the people of syria don't view him as legitimate, that's the reason why they are rebelling against assad in the first place.
    Are you suggesting that the rebel factions speak for most of the people?

    I think not.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,240

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    President Assad's government is the recognised and legitimate government of Syria, whether the US or you like it or not.
    Yep, and with us arming the terrorists, we have declared war!

  9. #249
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,086
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's insanity.
    So it's insane to fight against Al-Qaeda? Would you say that to the people who had family members die when the U.S. was attacked on 9/11.

  10. #250
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    So it's insane to fight against Al-Qaeda? Would you say that to the people who had family members die when the U.S. was attacked on 9/11.
    You seem to have dropped most of your statement.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •