Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 292

Thread: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    Imagine the leader of that worthless country giving orders to the President of the United States.

    The overriding theme behind all of this byplay is how silly and childlike Obama looks on an international stage with adults that are ridiculing him.
    America has not bombed Syria for the simple reason that Russia will reciprocate..

    The reason Assad is so sassy-assed is because Putin is behind him..

    Putin has made some not-so-veiled threats about what will happen if the USA attacks Syria and is now ''peace making and asking Syria to hand over their chemical weapons'' making him appear to be the good guy..

    He's very clever...

    But you've still backed down!!

  2. #92
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,077
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    America has not bombed Syria for the simple reason that Russia will reciprocate..

    The reason Assad is so sassy-assed is because Putin is behind him..

    Putin has made some not-so-veiled threats about what will happen if the USA attacks Syria and is now ''peace making and asking Syria to hand over their chemical weapons'' making him appear to be the good guy..

    He's very clever...

    But you've still backed down!!
    Putin made a more politically savvy move than Obama. Obama is looking like a goofball. Instead of arming terrorists and drawing lines in the sand he should have been pursuing diplomatic options and building international support. The evidence of who even used chemical weapons is still inconclusive.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Putin made a more politically savvy move than Obama. Obama is looking like a goofball. Instead of arming terrorists and drawing lines in the sand he should have been pursuing diplomatic options and building international support. The evidence of who even used chemical weapons is still inconclusive.
    BBC News - Syria chemical weapons allegations

    They are laughing in your face....

    I don't know a lot about American politics..but Obama is completely out of his depth..

  4. #94
    Educator Coin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albania
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    907

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I will assume you find no problem with Putin arming terrorist-supporting nations like Iran and Syria.
    Well, they are Russians. Russians arming terrorist is not smth new. No one was/is/will ever be surprised.

    USA arming/training/supporting terrorists (specially Al-Qaeda) is a big new for me and for most of the opinion around the world.
    Unless you suggest to rate them as equal.
    Envidia te mata !!!

    The blind leading the blind !!!


  5. #95
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    That clearly ignores his reign of terror as dictator though not quite as brutal as his father. I will assume you find no problem with Putin arming terrorist-supporting nations like Iran and Syria.

    If Putin is arming terrorists and you can demonstrate that, I'll criticise him for you right here in front of god and everybody. And if you produce that evidence it won't erase the fact that the US arms terrorists, unless your the guy that thinks two wrongs equal one right.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Coin View Post
    Well, they are Russians. Russians arming terrorist is not smth new. No one was/is/will ever be surprised.

    USA arming/training/supporting terrorists (specially Al-Qaeda) is a big new for me and for most of the opinion around the world.
    Unless you suggest to rate them as equal.
    Actually Coin, I wish that were true, and for you it may well be. But for starters, google timeline of CIA atrocities in Latin America and read it and weep at the number of governments the CIA did overthrow often replacing with dictators that brutalised their citizens, all because it advanced the interests of American corporations, and that will just be scratching the surface. I can give you plenty more. The Rah Rah America does no wrong crowd here won't even look at such things.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I disagree with that only because president Putin said essentially the same thing in his op-ed at the NYT.

    In that case, maybe you could quote exactly where Putin said what you and the OP claim.......


    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/op....html?hp&_r=1&

  8. #98
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,077
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    BBC News - Syria chemical weapons allegations

    They are laughing in your face....

    I don't know a lot about American politics..but Obama is completely out of his depth..
    Maybe English isn't your first language, but by "your face" are you referring to Obama's presentation or me?

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Maybe English isn't your first language, but by "your face" are you referring to Obama's presentation or me?
    America's face..

    I don't think that Assad is laughing at you personally!!

  10. #100
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,781

    Re: Assad tells Obama to stop arming rebels or no deal

    So you say you're interested in the President's pant creases again? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by FederalRepublic View Post
    No idea, just felt like asking a random question.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •