Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 548

Thread: US Police arrest Florida pastor

  1. #461
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: US Police arrest Florida pastor

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona View Post
    What freedom are we giving up... The freedom to start a fire in a public park?
    Freedom of expression, freedom of dissent. Do I have to refer you to Ben Franklin's famous quote? Do you really want to live in a country where you can't do things for the fear of offending someone? That is retarded.

  2. #462
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: US Police arrest Florida pastor

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    They were targeting all foreign literature, which happened to be largely Jewish, but clearly they burned other things. I think you're honing in on stupid details instead of actually addressing the point.

    I'm not moot, I don't think we should give up rights because the muslims will throw temper tantrums.
    No, they burned books they saw as "un-German". They were books from Jewish German writers, communist writers, books from Jung were among the books that were burned.

    The Germans had a theory of "entartete kunst" which stands for degenerated art. All kinds of books, paintings, etc. were under that heading. Book burning was just part of the attempt of the Nazi's to also put all of society in a stranglehold by banning/burning books of people who had different views from them, books they saw as too modern and degenerate who would corrupt the German people with their weird, foreign, degenerate views and imagery.

    The burning of books was the first step in the process of mind control the Nazi's instigated.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  3. #463
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: US Police arrest Florida pastor

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Freedom of expression, freedom of dissent. Do I have to refer you to Ben Franklin's famous quote? Do you really want to live in a country where you can't do things for the fear of offending someone? That is retarded.
    I think a municipality has the right to ban certain behaviors.

  4. #464
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: US Police arrest Florida pastor

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Freedom of expression, freedom of dissent. Do I have to refer you to Ben Franklin's famous quote? Do you really want to live in a country where you can't do things for the fear of offending someone? That is retarded.
    So why isn't it legal for gays to marry in all states?

  5. #465
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: US Police arrest Florida pastor

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Or perhaps it's the Arab world that doesn't understand the difference....



    Bush Apologizes To Iraqi Prime Minister Over Quran 'Target Practice'

    U.S. General Apologizes for Desecration of Koran

    J'lem mufti demands U.S. apology for Guantanamo Koran desecration Israel News | Haaretz

    Afghans vent fury over Koran burning, U.S. apologizes | Reuters


    Oh my, how embarrassing for the free world when our leaders have to apologize for the desecration of the Koran by Americans. Hey, maybe they don't understand the difference between the state and nut jobs, either. lol
    A significant percentage of the Arab world is profoundly ignorant and married to their close family members, too.


    and you want us to emulate them......
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #466
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: US Police arrest Florida pastor

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    No, they burned books they saw as "un-German". They were books from Jewish German writers, communist writers, books from Jung were among the books that were burned.

    The Germans had a theory of "entartete kunst" which stands for degenerated art. All kinds of books, paintings, etc. were under that heading. Book burning was just part of the attempt of the Nazi's to also put all of society in a stranglehold by banning/burning books of people who had different views from them, books they saw as too modern and degenerate who would corrupt the German people with their weird, foreign, degenerate views and imagery.

    The burning of books was the first step in the process of mind control the Nazi's instigated.
    Holy ****, did I say that was all they burned? Moot compared wanted to speak in a religious context, so I did.

    Is that really what you're bringing to this conversation? More perpetuation of moot's idiotic nazi comparison?

    Let me know when you're ready to address the topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #467
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: US Police arrest Florida pastor

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    More perpetuation of moot's idiotic nazi comparison?

    .
    It is a comparison made even more ironic by the fact she supports the Islamist position when it comes to her hatred of the liberal notion of free speech. Yes, by all means, let's all support heavy handed totalitarianism to show how much we are against it.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  8. #468
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: US Police arrest Florida pastor

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    The burning of books was the first step in the process of mind control the Nazi's instigated.
    As is the prevention of any criticism of Islam by the Islamists you support.

    Take away people's ability to protest an anti-humanist ideology and you serve the ends of such an ideology.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #469
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: US Police arrest Florida pastor

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Holy ****, did I say that was all they burned? Moot compared wanted to speak in a religious context, so I did.

    Is that really what you're bringing to this conversation? More perpetuation of moot's idiotic nazi comparison?

    Let me know when you're ready to address the topic.
    And what point is that, all I did was correct/expand the book burning comment, nothing more and nothing less.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  10. #470
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: US Police arrest Florida pastor

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    As is the prevention of any criticism of Islam by the Islamists you support.

    Take away people's ability to protest an anti-humanist ideology and you serve the ends of such an ideology.
    I don't support any religion. I am an atheist.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •