Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 139

Thread: UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake [W:44]

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake [W:44]

    http://www.eutimes.net/2013/09/un-hu...s-photos-fake/

    Russia says the United Nations Human Rights Council (HRC) has confirmed that the videos and photos purporting to show the victims of a chemical attack near the Syrian capital, Damascus, were fabricated.
    The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a Tuesday statement that international experts as well as Syrian public and religious leaders presented their evidence to the 24th session of the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva on September 9.
    Also, here:
    PressTV - UN rights council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake: Russia

    So yeah. if this is true, and the photos were faked, then by all means, the whole thing was either masterminded by someone else (hint hint, alqaeda) to get the US into war or it was done by a third party. Anyway... the good thing is that due to cool heads and diplomacy, the military intervention was postponed and now that syria accepted to hand over all it's chemical weapons, there is no reason why a military intervention should happen.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake | EUTimes.net


    Also, here:
    PressTV - UN rights council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake: Russia

    So yeah. if this is true, and the photos were faked, then by all means, the whole thing was either masterminded by someone else (hint hint, alqaeda) to get the US into war or it was done by a third party. Anyway... the good thing is that due to cool heads and diplomacy, the military intervention was postponed and now that syria accepted to hand over all it's chemical weapons, there is no reason why a military intervention should happen.
    If it can be faked once, it can be faked again. There is no way for Syria to prove it doesn't have something.

  3. #3
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake

    1400 people are dead from a gas attack. Those people are still dead whether the photos are faked, or not. We should not get mired in a discussion of who is actually the worst player in Syria.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    http://www.eutimes.net/2013/09/un-hu...s-photos-fake/


    Also, here:
    PressTV - UN rights council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake: Russia

    So yeah. if this is true, and the photos were faked, then by all means, the whole thing was either masterminded by someone else (hint hint, alqaeda) to get the US into war or it was done by a third party. Anyway... the good thing is that due to cool heads and diplomacy, the military intervention was postponed and now that syria accepted to hand over all it's chemical weapons, there is no reason why a military intervention should happen.
    PressTV is a very poor source.. like Debka, WND.

  5. #5
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona View Post
    PressTV is a very poor source.. like Debka, WND.
    PressTV is much worse than WND. At least WND is somehow related to something that probably actually happened in some way. Sure, they're both hate-based, but one is a totalitarian media outlet and the other is a group of demonization entertainers.

  6. #6
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake | EUTimes.net


    Also, here:
    PressTV - UN rights council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake: Russia

    So yeah. if this is true, and the photos were faked, then by all means, the whole thing was either masterminded by someone else (hint hint, alqaeda) to get the US into war or it was done by a third party. Anyway... the good thing is that due to cool heads and diplomacy, the military intervention was postponed and now that syria accepted to hand over all it's chemical weapons, there is no reason why a military intervention should happen.
    No reason at all.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #7
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake

    Neither source is reliable Rainman.

    EDIT: I'm not even sure what EUtimes is, but their source is PressTV (the Iraning gov mouthpiece - Conspiracy Theory Random Generator basically), so my first impression isn't good.
    Last edited by Ben K.; 09-11-13 at 12:58 PM.

  8. #8
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake

    It's ironic that the Iranian regime would accuse others of fake photos.

    That some people believe it, based on claims by the Iranian regime, is hysterical.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    PressTV is much worse than WND. At least WND is somehow related to something that probably actually happened in some way. Sure, they're both hate-based, but one is a totalitarian media outlet and the other is a group of demonization entertainers.
    I always loved that WMD was bilking widows over the largest oil reserve in the world in 1998.. and they never sank a pipe.. It was exploration based on a water witch and scripture.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharona View Post
    PressTV is a very poor source.. like Debka, WND.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    Neither source is reliable Rainman.

    EDIT: I'm not even sure what EUtimes is, but their source is PressTV (the Iraning gov mouthpiece - Conspiracy Theory Random Generator basically), so my first impression isn't good.

    I didn't know press.tv has such a bad reputation.
    Anyway, it was picked up and posted by eutimes, which is not a unreliable source. That's why I posted it.

    I won't post any news that comes from press.tv anymore if you guys say it's a bad news site. Thanks for letting me know, cheers.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •