Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

  1. #1
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    (NECN: Brian Burnell, Hartford, Conn.) - Electronic cigarettes, known as e-cigarettes, are a nicotine delivery system designed to be used in places from which smokers are banned because the vapor from it isn't smoke.

    Cheryl Richter runs Cherryvape, an e-cigarette company. She says what comes out is "Basically water vapor. There's no particulates. There's no second hand smoke like there would be with a cigarette."

    Despite that, there is a proposal in the Connnecticut legislature to treat e-cigarettes the same as tobacco cigarettes and banish users to designated smoking areas. Why?
    NECN.com ~ Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    I've been hearing about this kind of thing more and more lately. What are your thoughts?

    Personally I think it is hypocritical and disgusting. Many people switch to e-cigarettes to try and stop smoking...something tons of anti-smokers want to happen and are pushing for. And now they are trying to ban one of the things that help with this?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #2
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,160

    Re: Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    NECN.com ~ Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    I've been hearing about this kind of thing more and more lately. What are your thoughts?

    Personally I think it is hypocritical and disgusting. Many people switch to e-cigarettes to try and stop smoking...something tons of anti-smokers want to happen and are pushing for. And now they are trying to ban one of the things that help with this?
    The reason is because the e-cigarette industry refuses to regulate, and most companies blatantly lie about what they are, as Richter from Cherryvape did in that article.

    It is not water vapor, and it has been proven to carry particles -- many of which are of unknown toxicity. I guarentee you that she knows this, because there ISN'T any water in e-cigarette juice. So how exactly do you get "water vapor" when there's no water? From your ass?

    I can also tell you that many of these companies have conducted private studies on safety, and buried the results when they turned out to be unfavorable.

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    The reason is because the e-cigarette industry refuses to regulate, and most companies blatantly lie about what they are, as Richter from Cherryvape did in that article.

    It is not water vapor, and it has been proven to carry particles -- many of which are of unknown toxicity. I guarentee you that she knows this, because there ISN'T any water in e-cigarette juice. So how exactly do you get "water vapor" when there's no water? From your ass?

    I can also tell you that many of these companies have conducted private studies on safety, and buried the results when they turned out to be unfavorable.
    I'm assuming that you have proof?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #4
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,160

    Re: Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    I'm assuming that you have proof?
    Well, how about you take a look at Cherryvape's website, where they give the ingredients themselves.

    Electronic | E- | Smokeless | Cigarettes | Cigs | Cherry Vape

    Please note the absence of water.

    My NDA expires in 6 months. I have posted here what I can.

    I would also encourage you to look at my e-cigarette break-down here.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/off-to...post1061921670

    Here's the study that vapor carries metal residue, and other things, which are known to be harmful.

    http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0057987

    I have known this for years. The public is only finding this out now.

    You can decide for yourself whether I sound like I know what I'm talking about. You can also look more into the issue.
    Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 09-08-13 at 02:10 PM.

  5. #5
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,593

    Re: Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    NECN.com ~ Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    I've been hearing about this kind of thing more and more lately. What are your thoughts?

    Personally I think it is hypocritical and disgusting. Many people switch to e-cigarettes to try and stop smoking...something tons of anti-smokers want to happen and are pushing for. And now they are trying to ban one of the things that help with this?
    Where is the "ban" part comming from? The article seemed to indicate that the puffing of e-cigarettes would simply be treated the same as smoking regular cigarettes, much like restricting bicycles to paved driving surfaces instead of allowing sidewalk use.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Well, how about you take a look at Cherryvape's website, where they give the ingredients themselves.

    Electronic | E- | Smokeless | Cigarettes | Cigs | Cherry Vape

    Please note the absence of water.

    My NDA expires in 6 months. I have posted here what I can.

    I would also encourage you to look at my e-cigarette break-down here.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/off-to...post1061921670

    Here's the study that vapor carries metal residue, and other things, which are known to be harmful.

    PLOS ONE: Metal and Silicate Particles Including Nanoparticles Are Present in Electronic Cigarette Cartomizer Fluid and Aerosol

    I have known this for years. The public is only finding this out now.

    You can decide for yourself whether I sound like I know what I'm talking about. You can also look more into the issue.
    Well...read through what you had to say and frankly...much of it sounds like a conspiracy theory. You even admit a few times that you "just don't know" or some variation there of. I'm not saying you're wrong but I'm not readily agreeing with you either. You haven't produced any evidence to back up your claims. No links, nothing.

    As for the mechanical/electronical portions, if true it wouldn't surprise me. There is always some sort of danger with electronics.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #7
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Where is the "ban" part comming from? The article seemed to indicate that the puffing of e-cigarettes would simply be treated the same as smoking regular cigarettes, much like restricting bicycles to paved driving surfaces instead of allowing sidewalk use.
    Well...considering they are wanting to treat them like regular cigarettes I would imagine the "ban" part would be the same as regular cigarettes. IE: Restaurant, bars, (in the case of NY damn near everywhere except your home), etc etc.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #8
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,160

    Re: Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Well...read through what you had to say and frankly...much of it sounds like a conspiracy theory. You even admit a few times that you "just don't know" or some variation there of. I'm not saying you're wrong but I'm not readily agreeing with you either. You haven't produced any evidence to back up your claims. No links, nothing.

    As for the mechanical/electronical portions, if true it wouldn't surprise me. There is always some sort of danger with electronics.
    Huh?

    I provided you with a link to the site for the company Richter owns. She claimed it's "water vapor" in that article. And I proved to you with her own ingredients list that there is no water in e-cig juice, therefore she is blatantly lying.

    I provided you with a link to a peer-reviewed study proving there are metal nanoparticles in e-cigarette vapor, some of which are known to be harmful to human health.

    And I'm a "conspiracy theorist" who provided "no links"?

    Whatever you wanna believe, man...

  9. #9
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Huh?

    I provided you with a link to the site for the company Richter owns. She claimed it's "water vapor" in that article. And I proved to you with her own ingredients list that there is no water in e-cig juice, therefore she is blatantly lying.
    She said "basically water vapor" not that it was water vapor. There is a difference. When I read it I took it to mean "just as harmless as water vapor" since I already knew that basic ingrediants.

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    I provided you with a link to a peer-reviewed study proving there are metal nanoparticles in e-cigarette vapor, some of which are known to be harmful to human health.

    And I'm a "conspiracy theorist" who provided "no links"?

    Whatever you wanna believe, man...
    Underlined: Which I did not see. Must have added it in the edit that you did. I've noticed that when you go to edit something to add soemthing it will be added to the reply post despite a person not initially seeing it. Did you add that part in an edit? If not then I guess I missed it. But I will take a look at it. But beside that I was mainly talking about what you wrote in your link to your other post in the "E-cigarettes: Big Tobacco's next big move?....." thread.

    And I didn't call you a conspiracy theorist...I just said it "sounded" like a conspiracy theory. Too many "just don't know" on that post in that other thread.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #10
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,160

    Re: Conn. lawmakers consider e-cigarette ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    She said "basically water vapor" not that it was water vapor. There is a difference. When I read it I took it to mean "just as harmless as water vapor" since I already knew that basic ingrediants.
    That is not how the public understands it, you and she both know that, and it is a blatantly misleading comment. There is also no evidence to support it, even as a analogy in terms of safety.

    Underlined: Which I did not see. Must have added it in the edit that you did. I've noticed that when you go to edit something to add soemthing it will be added to the reply post despite a person not initially seeing it. Did you add that part in an edit? If not then I guess I missed it. But I will take a look at it. But beside that I was mainly talking about what you wrote in your link to your other post in the "E-cigarettes: Big Tobacco's next big move?....." thread.

    And I didn't call you a conspiracy theorist...I just said it "sounded" like a conspiracy theory. Too many "just don't know" on that post in that other thread.
    Yes, I did ETA.

    The "we just don't know" part is the part that people should be concerned about. The fact that the people MAKING juice don't know either should be even more concerning.

    But there are plenty of things we DO know that are plenty bad enough on their own, and the fact that every company is trying to minimize, ignore, or lie about them is something consumers should take seriously.

    There is nothing at all surprising about a totally unregulated industry wanting to make money on the ignorance of others. It's the most mundane conspiracy of all time.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •