Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 140

Thread: 12 US intelligence officials tell Obama that Assad did not use chemical weapons

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: 12 US intelligence officials tell Obama that Assad did not use chemical weapons

    Does anybody else find it peculiar that Hillary has been mysteriously silent through all of this Syria stuff.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: 12 US intelligence officials tell Obama that Assad did not use chemical weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    But here's what I think: We've GOT to change what we're doing overall. It's not working. We are simply reacting.
    I strongly agree. The absence of a coherent foreign policy strategy rooted in a clear understanding of American interests has badly handicapped U.S. foreign policy in areas where developments have been rapid. Unfortunately, the geopolitically important and highly unstable Middle East is the area where the lack of a clear strategy has relegated the U.S. to bystander status and reacting to events, even as the U.S. has critical interests in parts of the region.

  3. #123
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,111

    Re: 12 US intelligence officials tell Obama that Assad did not use chemical weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Keep thinking that. Kerry already said its an option to send in troops.
    This strike would be wrong on every level of security of the US and Israel.
    "every level of security"?

    I'm unaware of that IR term, could you elucidate for us?

  4. #124
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,111

    Re: 12 US intelligence officials tell Obama that Assad did not use chemical weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    I strongly agree. The absence of a coherent foreign policy strategy rooted in a clear understanding of American interests has badly handicapped U.S. foreign policy in areas where developments have been rapid. Unfortunately, the geopolitically important and highly unstable Middle East is the area where the lack of a clear strategy has relegated the U.S. to bystander status and reacting to events, even as the U.S. has critical interests in parts of the region.

    ......it's almost as if we elected a college adjunct with no executive experience to speak of to be our Commander in Chief.......

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 12 US intelligence officials tell Obama that Assad did not use chemical weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    "every level of security"?

    I'm unaware of that IR term, could you elucidate for us?
    Figure it out. Our security will be at greater risk, Israels security will be at greater risk. And with Russia getting involved? Who knows what crazy direction things could take.
    The way Putin is man handling Obama, he probably thinks he could push us out of the ME all together.

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 12 US intelligence officials tell Obama that Assad did not use chemical weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ......it's almost as if we elected a college adjunct with no executive experience to speak of to be our Commander in Chief.......
    We did, and its becoming more and more painfully obvious.

  7. #127
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,111

    Re: 12 US intelligence officials tell Obama that Assad did not use chemical weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Then do it, dont tell the "murderous bastard" you are going to do it for three weeks then sabre rattle some more before giving a speech about it.
    full agreement. The administration has been its usual, dithering, indecisive self.

  8. #128
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,111

    Re: 12 US intelligence officials tell Obama that Assad did not use chemical weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Figure it out.
    Actually I suspect you made it up. Would it threaten Maritime Dominance? Ability to project into the Littorals? Ability to destabilize consolidation attempts over central asia? Critical Infrastructure?

    Our security will be at greater risk, Israels security will be at greater risk. And with Russia getting involved? Who knows what crazy direction things could take.
    The way Putin is man handling Obama, he probably thinks he could push us out of the ME all together.
    ....no.... ish. Putin probably thinks he can replace us in much of the ME, as we are in such a hurry to leave we are creating a vacuum.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 12 US intelligence officials tell Obama that Assad did not use chemical weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Actually I suspect you made it up. Would it threaten Maritime Dominance? Ability to project into the Littorals? Ability to destabilize consolidation attempts over central asia? Critical Infrastructure?



    ....no.... ish. Putin probably thinks he can replace us in much of the ME, as we are in such a hurry to leave we are creating a vacuum.
    Yea, what was I thinking, how possible could a strike against another middle eastern country have a negative effect.
    Who is next? Lybia? Yemen? The next Syrian regime? What other piss poor military made up of half wit pilots and little trained tankers can we find to push around because they dont treat their people right?

  10. #130
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,111

    Re: 12 US intelligence officials tell Obama that Assad did not use chemical weapons

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Yea, what was I thinking, how possible could a strike against another middle eastern country have a negative effect.
    Who is next? Lybia? Yemen? The next Syrian regime? What other piss poor military made up of half wit pilots and little trained tankers can we find to push around because they dont treat their people right?
    well there are a multiplicity of plausible futures, but there are also many ways in which no strikes have a positive effect.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •