Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67

Thread: Surprise—The Majority of SNAP Recipients Live in the 'Burbs!'

  1. #41
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Surprise—The Majority of SNAP Recipients Live in the 'Burbs!'

    So no one responding to this thread is currently on SNAP?



    maybe they are all too weak from hunger to type ?

  2. #42
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Surprise—The Majority of SNAP Recipients Live in the 'Burbs!'

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Thank you for your opinion. What's interesting is you wrote the exact words I was going to write.

    Now that's amazing.
    "I know you are but what am I?"

    How original!

    I already crushed your arguments about the causes of international corporations moves from the US, I understand the need for your infantile diversions.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #43
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Surprise—The Majority of SNAP Recipients Live in the 'Burbs!'

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    So no one responding to this thread is currently on SNAP?



    maybe they are all too weak from hunger to type ?
    What do you need to know?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #44
    Renaissance Man
    Captain Adverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mid-West USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    8,607
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Surprise—The Majority of SNAP Recipients Live in the 'Burbs!'

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    So no one responding to this thread is currently on SNAP?



    maybe they are all too weak from hunger to type ?
    Nice graphic. I hope people looking realize there are only 4.3 million people on full welfare. I wonder who they think the other 84 million people were in 2012? LOL

    BTW, where did this graphic come from? I honestly thought there were only 47 million people on SNAP this year...
    Last edited by Captain Adverse; 09-05-13 at 04:29 PM.
    If I stop responding it doesn't mean I've conceded the point or agree with you. It only means I've made my point and I don't mind you having the last word. Please wait a few minutes before "quoting" me. I often correct errors for a minute or two after I post before the final product is ready.

  5. #45
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Surprise—The Majority of SNAP Recipients Live in the 'Burbs!'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    "I know you are but what am I?"

    How original!

    I already crushed your arguments about the causes of international corporations moves from the US, I understand the need for your infantile diversions.
    You know, I'm going to have to read back to find that "crush" thing you're referencing. I recall rejecting your initial statment outright, and reading nothing but opinion since. There was that micro/macro reference, but it became evident it was a reference to brain power, which apparently is being offered up again as additional proof.

    Again, I appreciate your thoughts, and like you, understand something as well.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Surprise—The Majority of SNAP Recipients Live in the 'Burbs!'

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    You know, I'm going to have to read back to find that "crush" thing you're referencing. I recall rejecting your initial statment outright, and reading nothing but opinion since. There was that micro/macro reference, but it became evident it was a reference to brain power, which apparently is being offered up again as additional proof.

    Again, I appreciate your thoughts, and like you, understand something as well.
    LOL...I never mentioned "micro" anything, and the macro reference is to large economic policies of corporations and govt.....ie, the causes of corporations to move out of the US. It had nothing to do with "brain power", and how you got to point of insulting me makes sense, you misunderstood a common econ prefix, thinking I talking about your cognitive abilities.

    You ought to apologize....and slow down a bit, you REALLY overshot the mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #47
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Surprise—The Majority of SNAP Recipients Live in the 'Burbs!'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL...I never mentioned "micro" anything, and the macro reference is to large economic policies of corporations and govt.....ie, the causes of corporations to move out of the US. It had nothing to do with "brain power", and how you got to point of insulting me makes sense, you misunderstood a common econ prefix, thinking I talking about your cognitive abilities.

    You ought to apologize....and slow down a bit, you REALLY overshot the mark.
    But I disagree with your premise regarding the manufacturing base in the United States. In fact, in large part, I reject it.

    The premise you put forth is nothing but the meme from the uninformed, and surely, you are informed. I assume you just made a mistake and posted a talking point you read somewhere.

    As to insults, I apologize if you took my response to anything you posted as an insult.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Surprise—The Majority of SNAP Recipients Live in the 'Burbs!'

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    But I disagree with your premise regarding the manufacturing base in the United States. In fact, in large part, I reject it.
    Stating the obvious is not an argument.

    The premise you put forth is nothing but the meme from the uninformed, and surely, you are informed.
    Wrong, making a statement like "regs cause corps to leave the US" is an ignorant talking point, but this the shallow level of debate you have gotten to in a discussion of SNAP benefits.


    I assume you just made a mistake and posted a talking point you read somewhere.
    The issue is that as i said before, we have covered this exact ground before, you just don't recall it. Hint: Think "Detroit".

    As to insults, I apologize if you took my response to anything you posted as an insult.
    FFS, you gave it away, you admitted your misunderstanding of my use of "macro"...but go ahead and divert from your admittance.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #49
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Surprise—The Majority of SNAP Recipients Live in the 'Burbs!'

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Stating the obvious is not an argument.

    Wrong, making a statement like "regs cause corps to leave the US" is an ignorant talking point, but this the shallow level of debate you have gotten to in a discussion of SNAP benefits.


    The issue is that as i said before, we have covered this exact ground before, you just don't recall it. Hint: Think "Detroit".

    FFS, you gave it away, you admitted your misunderstanding of my use of "macro"...but go ahead and divert from your admittance.
    Thank you for your opinion, and the effort it took to post it.

    Of course, I reject it, fall back on my experience and education, and leave you to your beliefs. FFS, it is your right to be wrong.

  10. #50
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Surprise—The Majority of SNAP Recipients Live in the 'Burbs!'

    So I'm gonna take that as a no on the three of you being on food stamps then eh?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •