Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Obama’s surprise press conference statement: ‘i didn’t set a red line’ on syria

  1. #1
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Obama’s surprise press conference statement: ‘i didn’t set a red line’ on syria

    Obama’s Surprise Press Conference Statement:

    “I didn’t set a red line. The world set a red line,” Obama said Wednesday during a joint press conference with Swedish Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt in Stockholm.
    Isnt it amazing that, now that Obama painted himself into a corner with Syria and the "red Line", he comes out and says he never set a red line in Syria...it was everyone else who set it....but not him.

    The world set a red line
    Congress set a red line
    I didn’t set a red line.
    My credibility is not on the line
    And the main stream media hasnt and aint gonna touch it. Here is your free pass Mr. President.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  2. #2
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,672

    Re: Obama’s surprise press conference statement: ‘i didn’t set a red line’ on syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    Obama’s Surprise Press Conference Statement:



    Isnt it amazing that, now that Obama painted himself into a corner with Syria and the "red Line", he comes out and says he never set a red line in Syria...it was everyone else who set it....but not him.






    And the main stream media hasnt and aint gonna touch it. Here is your free pass Mr. President.

  3. #3
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Obama’s surprise press conference statement: ‘i didn’t set a red line’ on syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    Obama’s Surprise Press Conference Statement:



    Isnt it amazing that, now that Obama painted himself into a corner with Syria and the "red Line", he comes out and says he never set a red line in Syria...it was everyone else who set it....but not him.






    And the main stream media hasnt and aint gonna touch it. Here is your free pass Mr. President.
    Well the media wont touch it because it is a non story. Is there a change in policy? Is he backing down on an attack? Is he back tracking? Nope.. in fact he is pushing forward.

    Hence him saying that he did not "set the redline" is at worst a political snafu, although he is technically correct. The red line was set down by convention written and adapted in the 1920s... that the world has not been exactly jumping over hoops and fences to enforce it the last 100 years for "minor breaches" .. it is still there and was laid down long ago.
    PeteEU

  4. #4
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,264

    Re: Obama’s surprise press conference statement: ‘i didn’t set a red line’ on syria

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Well the media wont touch it because it is a non story. Is there a change in policy? Is he backing down on an attack? Is he back tracking? Nope.. in fact he is pushing forward.

    Hence him saying that he did not "set the redline" is at worst a political snafu, although he is technically correct. The red line was set down by convention written and adapted in the 1920s... that the world has not been exactly jumping over hoops and fences to enforce it the last 100 years for "minor breaches" .. it is still there and was laid down long ago.
    Snafu? Before our president goes out and says the stuff he has, he should check to see if any of the countries that signed that agreement are willing to assert a red line requiring military action. That has historically been the case, and it is wise to do so. Every country speaks for itself - Obama does not speak for them. I know that. You know that. Obama doesn't seem to know that, and that's astonishing for a president who has more than ample precedent to consult right at his finger tips.

  5. #5
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Obama’s surprise press conference statement: ‘i didn’t set a red line’ on syria

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Well the media wont touch it because it is a non story. Is there a change in policy? Is he backing down on an attack? Is he back tracking? Nope.. in fact he is pushing forward.

    Hence him saying that he did not "set the redline" is at worst a political snafu, although he is technically correct. The red line was set down by convention written and adapted in the 1920s... that the world has not been exactly jumping over hoops and fences to enforce it the last 100 years for "minor breaches" .. it is still there and was laid down long ago.
    political snafu...really? That was an A) open mouth, B) insert foot C) Make an ass out of yourself statement....He must not have had his teleprompter handy.


    when someone says, the movement or use of chemical weapons is a red line for us...he can not speak for anyone but the US...he isnt President of the world...he asserted himself as the leader of the us in his statement. HE drew the red line...not the UN, not anyone but HIM.

    HE drew the line, HE is the one who made that statement, HE is the guy wanting to use our air force as a mercenary for hire unit for Al Qaeda & the Rebels.

    Oh...and the "no boots on the ground" that he & Kerry were clamoring about, well the request before Congress includes boots on the ground. Senate-crafted Syria resolution riddled with loopholes for Obama - Washington Times

    So the liar in chief is at it again...and you are defending him...again?
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  6. #6
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Obama’s surprise press conference statement: ‘i didn’t set a red line’ on syria

    Her is Obama's original statement about the "red line."

    “We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus. That would change my equation.”
    So whose red line is it Mr. President?

    Have you seen a "whole bunch of chemical weapons being moved around or utilized?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Obama’s surprise press conference statement: ‘i didn’t set a red line’ on syria

    Conservatives just can't stand the fact that Obama is intelligent and deliberative when it comes to using military force, while the boob Bush bumbled into two vanity wars costing $3T.

    Ah, conservativebizarroworld.

  8. #8
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Obama’s surprise press conference statement: ‘i didn’t set a red line’ on syria

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Conservatives just can't stand the fact that Obama is intelligent and deliberative when it comes to using military force, while the boob Bush bumbled into two vanity wars costing $3T.

    Ah, conservativebizarroworld.
    Its funny that you claim Obama is intelligent and deliberative when it comes to using military force...intelligent and deliberative? Lybia was intelligent and deliberative? Wanting to attack Syria for the use of chemical weapons when we dont know which side used the weapons is intelligent and deliberative when even the UN is leaning towards Rebel use?
    Carla Del Ponte, the leading member of the UN inquiry into the attack, which happened in March, told Swiss TV that there existed “strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof” that rebels were responsible for the atrocity
    » Video: Syrian Rebel Admits Using Chemical Weapons Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

    Yea, Obama is as intelligent and deliberative when it comes to using military force as my dog is. Let me take that back....my dog has never wanted to attack anyone that hasnt done anything wrong.

    Obama is looking like the fool he is on the world stage...I am actually embarrassed for our country.

    What credibility Obama now has going into the G20 summit this weekend...I think he will be like the smelly kid at the school dance.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •