Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74

Thread: Putin's Message to Obama

  1. #21
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin's Message to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Of course he wants it to go before the UN. He can veto any action. There are three letters that describe how I feel about anything Putin says; KGB.
    And George H W Bush was CIA, what's the difference?

  2. #22
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin's Message to Obama

    Gath, all the discrediting examples you point to on Russia equally apply to the US with its selective outrage of human rights abuses!!

    Putin IS correct in the video clip.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Putin's Message to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    What can be better to keep all else off of the front page? Obama, the Nobel Peace Prize guy, has invented the "mini war" plan where the U.S. unilaterally decides what needs to be blown up in a nation led by a "bad guy" by defing and enforcing "red line" laws in those nations. We are told that this "mini war" will last days, not weeks (whatever that means) and will not require boots on the ground. What is natrually left unsaid is what would happen if China or Russia also decided to define and enforce their own "red line" laws for other nations. Perhaps the Palestinians, Pakistan and Iran need to be told what their "red line" is. Naturally the military coup in Egypt crossed no such "red line", it only violates U.S. law to continue to send aid to them, so Obama (with congressional silence?) pretends that it did not really happen. The UN, which we spend way too much money on, surely seems usless in the "red line" age of Obama.

    Heya Ttwtt. Do you think that much of that has to do with Obama listening to the French. Who they don't think they need any UN mandate to protect other populations?

    Here are 10 things Putin told the Associated press.


    10 interesting things Russia's Putin told the AP



    1. CHEMICAL WEAPONS VIDEOS DON'T PROVE SYRIA'S GOVERNMENT IS GUILTY

    "As for that footage, video footage showing the dead children allegedly killed in the chemical attack, it is horrible. The question is only who did it and what they did, and who is responsible for this. These pictures do not answer the questions I have just posed. There is an opinion that it's a compilation by these very rebels, who are connected with al-Qaida and who were always distinguished by exceptional brutality."

    2. RUSSIA WON'T RULE OUT MILITARY ACTION AGAINST SYRIA — IF U.N. SECURITY COUNCIL APPROVES

    "I do not exclude this, but I would like to draw your attention to one absolutely key aspect: In line with international law, only the U.N. Security Council can sanction the use of force against a sovereign state. Any other pretext or method which might be used to justify the use of force against an independent sovereign state is inadmissible and can only be interpreted as an aggression."

    3. RUSSIAN SHIPMENTS OF AIR DEFENSE MISSILE SYSTEM TO SYRIA ON HOLD — FOR NOW

    "We have a contract for the delivery of the S-300s. We have supplied some of the components, but the delivery hasn't been completed. We have suspended it for now. But if we see that steps are taken that violate the existing international norms, we shall think how we should act in the future, in particular regarding supplies of such sensitive weapons to certain regions of the world."

    4. RELATIONS WITH OBAMA CAN BE TESTY — BUT THAT'S NORMAL
    5. ... AND DON'T READ TOO MUCH INTO BODY LANGUAGE
    6. NO OFFENSE, BUT U.S. SPIES LOST THE PLOT ON NSA LEAKER EDWARD SNOWDEN
    7. HOMOPHOBIC, ME? LOOK HOW MANY AWARDS I'VE GIVEN TO GAYS!
    8. TERRORISTS MUST BE FACED DOWN AND STOPPED

    "Terrorists are always a threat to someone. If we're scared of them, it means they have won. But that doesn't mean we can have a devil-may-care attitude toward this threat. We must do everything to stop these threats and not give the terrorists a single chance to demonstrate their brutality and hatred of mankind."

    9. OPPOSITION LEADER ALEXEI NAVALNY SHOULD CLEAN UP HIS OWN ACT BEFORE CRITICIZING CORRUPTION
    10. BEWARE OF CALLS BY THE ELITE FOR REVOLUTION

    "We should all be aware of the fact that when revolutionary — not evolutionary — changes come, things can get even worse. The intelligentsia should be aware of this. And it is the intelligentsia specifically that should keep this in mind and prevent society from radical steps and revolutions of all kinds. We've had enough of it. We've seen so many revolutions and wars. We need decades of calm and harmonious development.".....snip~

    10 interesting things Russia's Putin told the AP

  4. #24
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,566

    Re: Putin's Message to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Ttwtt. Do you think that much of that has to do with Obama listening to the French. Who they don't think they need any UN mandate to protect other populations?

    Here are 10 things Putin told the Associated press.


    10 interesting things Russia's Putin told the AP



    1. CHEMICAL WEAPONS VIDEOS DON'T PROVE SYRIA'S GOVERNMENT IS GUILTY

    "As for that footage, video footage showing the dead children allegedly killed in the chemical attack, it is horrible. The question is only who did it and what they did, and who is responsible for this. These pictures do not answer the questions I have just posed. There is an opinion that it's a compilation by these very rebels, who are connected with al-Qaida and who were always distinguished by exceptional brutality."

    2. RUSSIA WON'T RULE OUT MILITARY ACTION AGAINST SYRIA — IF U.N. SECURITY COUNCIL APPROVES

    "I do not exclude this, but I would like to draw your attention to one absolutely key aspect: In line with international law, only the U.N. Security Council can sanction the use of force against a sovereign state. Any other pretext or method which might be used to justify the use of force against an independent sovereign state is inadmissible and can only be interpreted as an aggression."

    3. RUSSIAN SHIPMENTS OF AIR DEFENSE MISSILE SYSTEM TO SYRIA ON HOLD — FOR NOW

    "We have a contract for the delivery of the S-300s. We have supplied some of the components, but the delivery hasn't been completed. We have suspended it for now. But if we see that steps are taken that violate the existing international norms, we shall think how we should act in the future, in particular regarding supplies of such sensitive weapons to certain regions of the world."

    4. RELATIONS WITH OBAMA CAN BE TESTY — BUT THAT'S NORMAL
    5. ... AND DON'T READ TOO MUCH INTO BODY LANGUAGE
    6. NO OFFENSE, BUT U.S. SPIES LOST THE PLOT ON NSA LEAKER EDWARD SNOWDEN
    7. HOMOPHOBIC, ME? LOOK HOW MANY AWARDS I'VE GIVEN TO GAYS!
    8. TERRORISTS MUST BE FACED DOWN AND STOPPED

    "Terrorists are always a threat to someone. If we're scared of them, it means they have won. But that doesn't mean we can have a devil-may-care attitude toward this threat. We must do everything to stop these threats and not give the terrorists a single chance to demonstrate their brutality and hatred of mankind."

    9. OPPOSITION LEADER ALEXEI NAVALNY SHOULD CLEAN UP HIS OWN ACT BEFORE CRITICIZING CORRUPTION
    10. BEWARE OF CALLS BY THE ELITE FOR REVOLUTION

    "We should all be aware of the fact that when revolutionary — not evolutionary — changes come, things can get even worse. The intelligentsia should be aware of this. And it is the intelligentsia specifically that should keep this in mind and prevent society from radical steps and revolutions of all kinds. We've had enough of it. We've seen so many revolutions and wars. We need decades of calm and harmonious development.".....snip~

    10 interesting things Russia's Putin told the AP
    The French are broke and likely see this as a chance to get a much needed infusion of U.S. cash for spendning a minor amount of it on "helping" the U.S. blow stuff up in Syria.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #25
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    01-03-14 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    642

    Re: Putin's Message to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Putin's Eerily Persuasive Message to Barack Obama



    I apologize in advance for the source. It's views are not necessarily my own. The main point here is Putin's message in the video the link contains. IJR simply happens to be the source where I came across it first.

    At first glance, I'll admit that Putin's arguments seem rather convincing. After all, he is a suave and pragmatic man, and he does happen to be possessed of a decidedly shrewd political mind. All of those qualities are on rather clear display above.

    However, given those qualities I have just enumerated, I suppose it should come as no surprise then that he also just so happens to be a skilled liar and brilliant spin artist. I frankly don't think I've ever seen a greater trove of blatant hypocrisy and historical revisionism than what he suggests above.

    For instance, I'm still having a hard time fathoming how he could possibly have the audacity to lecture the United States on any matter pertaining to civilian casualties.

    He certainly didn't care about such things in his invasion of Chechnya during the late 1990s. The conlfict is actually estimated to have killed over a quarter million civilians (most of them ethnic Russians living in Chechnya) over the course of its duration.

    I'd also venture so far as to say that the UN probably didn't declare the region's capital, Gronzy, to be the "most destroyed city on Earth" after being stormed by Russian forces back in 2003 for nothing.

    Attachment 67153079
    Attachment 67153080

    We could've launched "Shock and Awe" against Saddam Hussein's Iraq one hundred times over and still not reached anywhere near that level of wanton destructiveness, and any damage we could ever conceivably do in Syria doesn't even begin to compare with it either. No offense to Mr. Putin, but methinks he would be wise to avoid throwing bricks in glass houses.

    Furthermore, while his talk about going through the UN Security Council is all well and good, it also goes completely against his own track record.

    He's absolutely did not "wait" for any kind of UN approval before making the decision to invade Chechnya in 1999, or Georgia in 2008. As a matter of fact, the international community was quite distraught over Russia's behavior during both of those conflicts.

    Likewise, his claims that US intervention in the Middle East hasn't helped anything are off the mark as well. Our air campaign in Libya was quite successful, and managed to play a decisive role in toppling Gaddafi's regime without wracking up the outlandish costs demanded by a full scale invasion and occupation.

    Granted, the Benghazi attack was unfortunate. However, that appears to have been an isolated incident, and it wasn't even one which the majority of Libya's people supported.

    Libyans storm Ansar Al-Shariah compound in backlash after attack on US Consulate

    Aside from this incident, Libya has actually been comparatively stable since the civil war's end.

    The major meccas of civil unrest, violence, and disorder in the Middle East at the present moment are, as a matter of fact, Egypt and Syria; two nations in which the United States has so far made a point of avoiding direct military or political intervention entirely.

    In short, Putin's whole spiel here is basically hypocritical and counter-factual nonsense from beginning to end. It is "do as I say, not as I do" style propaganda specifically meant to appeal to the fear and uncertainty of war-weary Western populations.

    He doesn't give a damn about "harming innocents." He just wants to make sure that he doesn't lose one of his nation's most profitable military buyers.

    How many people do you think will be suckered in by his arguments anyway regardless?
    He's a suave and pragmatic man you say.
    He has no qualms about gassing children. In my opinion that makes him a monster.

  6. #26
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Putin's Message to Obama

    So Libya was a success? Man, if that success, I'd hate to see failure. Anyway, there's no question that Putin is a sack of ****.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #27
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Putin's Message to Obama

    Putin will never be in favor of UN actions against a country's leader for crimes against the leader's own people. To do so would put himself in jeopardy of equal reprisals.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin's Message to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Putin will never be in favor of UN actions against a country's leader for crimes against the leader's own people. To do so would put himself in jeopardy of equal reprisals.
    Why? Just be a belligerent like the US and deny the authority of the ICC!

  9. #29
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: Putin's Message to Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Why? Just be a belligerent like the US and deny the authority of the ICC!
    I don't believe either country has adopted the ICC as an authority over them.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Putin's Message to Obama

    No bad actor would!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •