Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 87

Thread: Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

  1. #11
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Yeah they are going to turn to the the Republicans that want them gone lol. I read the letter and it mention ACA twice! Plus it is 11% of the total Union. I am going to take a nap now wake me up when you have something worht reading!
    ... Twice, halfway down the 2nd page, in passing.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Yeah they are going to turn to the the Republicans that want them gone lol. I read the letter and it mention ACA twice! Plus it is 11% of the total Union. I am going to take a nap now wake me up when you have something worht reading!
    And that was once too many. ACA is the fleecing of the American Tax Payer, end of story.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I read the letter. Did you?
    I am a libertarian, what do you think?

  4. #14
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I am a libertarian, what do you think?
    I expect you not to read it. Not critically anyways.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I expect you not to read it. Not critically anyways.
    Page three backs up the thread title completely, me thinks you stopped at page 2.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Arlington, tx
    Last Seen
    10-08-13 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    362

    Re: Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    And that was once too many. ACA is the fleecing of the American Tax Payer, end of story.
    Your point because they mentioned it two times that the real reason. I have Lol'ed ACA isnt not fully in effect so you and the rest of the righties are guessing. Furthermore what was the Republican plan, remind me oh wait not a damned thing.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I expect you not to read it. Not critically anyways.
    Why would you expect me not to read it? Because of my political lean? That's a pretty stupid position to take.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Page three backs up the thread title completely, me thinks you stopped at page 2.
    Yes, 3rd page on TWO SENTENCES out of 3 pages is what backs up your contention that the REAL reason the ILWU is leaving is because of ObamaCare. And not the AFL's violations of solidarity agreements, attacks on the ILWU by the AFL, lack of support - yes, those two sentences are REALLY the reason they're leaving - and not the fact that the AFL has basically backstabbed the ILWU on a number of more serious occasions.

    Keep trying Rocketman, you obviously didn't read the letter to begin with. Now you're stuck trying to roll the ball. Please, tell me - why is it that the ILWU is leaving the AFL-ICO and only mentions the real reason after 2 and a half pages and on 2 short sentences? It doesn't mention it for 2.9 pages and then picks two measly sentences to cite its real reason? Is that what you want us to believe?
    Last edited by Hatuey; 09-02-13 at 08:21 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #19
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Why would you expect me not to read it? Because of my political lean? That's a pretty stupid position to take.
    I don't expect Libertarians to be a bright bunch.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Citing Obamacare, 40,000 Longshoremen Quit the AFL-CIO

    Quote Originally Posted by greengirl77 View Post
    Your point because they mentioned it two times that the real reason. I have Lol'ed ACA isnt not fully in effect so you and the rest of the righties are guessing. Furthermore what was the Republican plan, remind me oh wait not a damned thing.
    It is affecting the unions more than it is non union people like myself. ACA has caused me to see increases larger that the last ten years before ACA combined. Unions are making decisions now based on what happens in 2014. Instead of letting your handlers tell you what to believe and say you should talk to some people you know that are in unions especially those so called cadillac plans then maybe you might appear more credible here.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •