Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 223

Thread: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

  1. #211
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    No one can claim something as a right, if it precludes someone else from the same right. And no one can force something on someone else... well, except the government, these days.
    That is not marriage equality. I guess you only truly believe in the things you claim to a point.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #212
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,526

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    That is not marriage equality. I guess you only truly believe in the things you claim to a point.
    Yes, only to a point. I don't include made up stuff, misunderstanding, don't believe you're lyin' eyes, hidden political agendas for votes, and people that lie to themselves.

    Well, time for lunch. And to move on to more important stuff, like the rest of the stuff going on that is destroying our country. The gay union/marriage stuff is a concern to me, but I must admit that it is way, way down on the list.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #213
    Guru
    The Baron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Dixie
    Last Seen
    11-26-17 @ 11:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    What harm do homosexuals getting married cause you (that heterosexuals getting married do not cause you).
    See my post no. 44.
    "Liberalism is a doctrine fostered by a delusional and illogical people and rabidly promoted by the mainstream media and ruling elite which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - unknown

  4. #214
    Educator Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    704

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    See my post no. 44.
    1. Marriage--as defined as being between men and women exclusively--is the basis for any culture.
    A: Bull****. It's not the basis for the culture. Property rights are the basis for the culture.
    B: So what. You're not harmed by a homosexual getting married.

    2. Fatherless homes are the number one predictor of antisocial behavior in teens.
    So then homes with 2 fathers should be twice as good, right?

    No harm.


    3. Maternal deprivation is shown to increase a child’s incidence of alcoholism and impulsiveness
    So do you want to outlaw divorce? If not, then this argument is horse crap.


    4. A change in the definition of marriage only hurts the institution of marriage and thus society as a whole.
    How did you get to "thus society as a whole"? Can you demonstrate that society suffers as a result of divorce? Do you have proof that there is wide spread harm?

    Consider that marriage used to be a permanent institution and divorce was a rather rate occurrence until “no-fault divorce” became law and divorce became easier to obtain. Today nearly half of all marriages end in divorce and the impact on children in devastating.
    So then gay marriages, and divorces without children, is okay with you?

    5. As a result of high divorce rates many couples choose to live together without the benefit, responsibilities and obligations of marriage. This, too, has a dangerous affect on marriage as those who live together first and then marry are more likely to get divorced, once again, harming any children involved.
    If there are no children, then your argument is again invalid. That just assumes that your argument is valid, at all, but specifically if there are no children.

    6. The state provides divorce courts, child services, women services, etc. all relating to the break-up of families. It is a multi-billion dollar expense that tax-payers must absorb. As such the state would be better off limiting divorces to the best of their ability (limiting marriage to it traditional sense: one man + one woman for life).
    No. You're skipping equal protection under the law. This may be an arugment for the state getting out of marriages, altogether, but not for violating the Constitutional principle of equality.

    7. As marriage comes to mean less and less, people are relying less and less on the institution. One of the newer trends in relationships involves the “hook up”, where an individual finds a sexual outlet in another person for a time. There is only a minimal, in any, relationship outside a sexual relationship. Children born out of such arrangements will suffer.
    Again, falling on children.

    All of your arguments are "but think of the children!". Since that's your entire argument, skipping over the generally false nature of it, but, for argument, since but think of the children! is the sum total of your argument against gay marriage, then you're surely not opposed to gay marriages with no children. If not, then your entire argument, but think of the children!, is nonsense.

    Further, you still can't prove any of this. You're making assertions without any factual basis, such as, "all civilizations are based on marriage". They're not. They're based on property rights, and marriage was originally just a father granting property rights over his daughter to another man.

    Since historical marriage was usually polygamous and involved underage brides, do you condone that?
    "All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)

  5. #215
    Educator Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    704

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    So you support pedophilia?
    No. There is harm in that. Harm that can be demonstrated and proven. Child sex assaults are among the most destructive and repulsive assaults that can happen to a person. Comparing a viscous and destructive attack on a child to two consenting adults having sex means you either actually are a homophobe, or you don't have a major problem with sex abuse of children.

    What makes you think that two consenting adults having sex in privacy is on par with child abuse?
    "All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)

  6. #216
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    How is everyone treated equally under the law when some people are told their relationship is illegal and some people aren't?

    Further, what harm does it do you if all people get the same treatment by the law?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    So you support pedophilia?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    No. There is harm in that. Harm that can be demonstrated and proven. Child sex assaults are among the most destructive and repulsive assaults that can happen to a person. Comparing a viscous and destructive attack on a child to two consenting adults having sex means you either actually are a homophobe, or you don't have a major problem with sex abuse of children.

    What makes you think that two consenting adults having sex in privacy is on par with child abuse?
    Your absurd conclusions about me because I asked you a question based upon your comment aside for its juvenile nature, you don't believe in equal treatment of relationships under the law as you alleged you do. Thanks for proving you are another "because that is how I want it" thinker and not someone who actually believes in the principles they proffer in a blanket fashion only when convenient and then immediately contradict when convenient.

  7. #217
    Educator Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    704

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Your absurd conclusions about me because I asked you a question based upon your comment aside for its juvenile nature, you don't believe in equal treatment of relationships under the law as you alleged you do. Thanks for proving you are another "because that is how I want it" thinker and not someone who actually believes in the principles they proffer in a blanket fashion only when convenient and then immediately contradict when convenient.
    An abuser raping a child is not a "relationship". The fact that you think it is demonstrates an extreme level of illness.
    "All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)

  8. #218
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    An abuser raping a child is not a "relationship". The fact that you think it is demonstrates an extreme level of illness.
    When did I allege it was?

    Don't project your lack of morality on me. You are the one who is contradicting themselves. When you actually find a real guiding principle within your thinking, let me know, otherwise your hypocrisy is too pedantic and boring to even be worth the energy....

  9. #219
    Educator Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    704

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    When did I allege it was?

    Don't project your lack of morality on me. You are the one who is contradicting themselves. When you actually find a real guiding principle within your thinking, let me know, otherwise your hypocrisy is too pedantic and boring to even be worth the energy....
    That's exactly what you said. I said all relationships should be treated under the law. You asked if that included pedophilia. I said no, then you said, "you don't believe in equal treatment of relationships under the law", because I said that doesn't apply to pedophilia. You are directly stating that child rape is a "relationship".
    "All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)

  10. #220
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    That's exactly what you said. I said all relationships should be treated under the law. You asked if that included pedophilia. I said no, then you said, "you don't believe in equal treatment of relationships under the law", because I said that doesn't apply to pedophilia. You are directly stating that child rape is a "relationship".
    No, you have proven yourself a liar. No point furthering a discussion with a liar.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •