Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 223

Thread: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

  1. #141
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    My religion says you have to give me your wallet. If you don't give me your wallet, you're discriminating against my religion and violating my freedom of religion.

    Or does my religion not dictate your actions? If that's the case, then your religion cannot dictate the actions of gay couples. If it's not the case, then you have to give me your wallet to avoid oppressing my religion.
    None of the above. I turn around and leave you to practice your religion with my wallet in my pocket.
    "ďIf we donít deepen our ports all along the Gulf ó places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, FloridaÖĒ -Obama

  2. #142
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    go back to page #1.. post #9... read it slowly... note the author of that post.

    then admit you were wrong.....
    Sorry...but that wasn't the post we were referencing and you were fully aware of that ( I wasn't even involved with you in that particular conversation). You tried to play it off like that is all you asked. I posted the full content of the thread that you and I were involved with which was a knee-jerk/propoganda spew. The facts are there for anyone who cares to see.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #143
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry...but that wasn't the post we were referencing and you were fully aware of that ( I wasn't even involved with you in that particular conversation). You tried to play it off like that is all you asked. I posted the full content of the thread that you and I were involved with which was a knee-jerk/propoganda spew. The facts are there for anyone who cares to see.
    I love it....the irony... the hypocrisy.... it entertains me.

  4. #144
    versus the world
    Surtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The greatest planet in the world.
    Last Seen
    06-10-14 @ 03:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,017

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    is it common for supreme court justices to officiate at weddings?
    No. It's another stupid political spectacle.
    I love the NSA. It's like having a secret fan-base you will never see, but they're there, watching everything you write and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that I may be some person's only form of unconstitutional entertainment one night.

  5. #145
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    I love it....the irony... the hypocrisy.... it entertains me.
    The irony is that you tried to weasel out of it by referencing a post that clearly was not the post that we were discussing. But that is typical of those who try to shuffle their way out of things rather than just manning up and admitting their errors.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #146
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The irony is that you tried to weasel out of it by referencing a post that clearly was not the post that we were discussing. But that is typical of those who try to shuffle their way out of things rather than just manning up and admitting their errors.
    yeah, you're certainly the guy to talk about weaseling out of admitting you're wrong
    when you tell me " that's not your post" and i prove it's my post... face facts, you're wrong.... you don't have to admit it publicly, as i know how fragile your lil ego is, but at least admit to yourself as you sit , alone, under your bridge.

    in any event, everyone ..but you.... can see that i have acknowledged and accepted the fact Peter brought ...but please, keep diggin' , i enjoy watching you blow the meager amount of credibility some other liberal troll might believe you posses.

  7. #147
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    yeah, you're certainly the guy to talk about weaseling out of admitting you're wrong
    when you tell me " that's not your post" and i prove it's my post... face facts, you're wrong.... you don't have to admit it publicly, as i know how fragile your lil ego is, but at least admit to yourself as you sit , alone, under your bridge.

    in any event, everyone ..but you.... can see that i have acknowledged and accepted the fact Peter brought ...but please, keep diggin' , i enjoy watching you blow the meager amount of credibility some other liberal troll might believe you posses.

    LOL....You are the one who is still shuffling around. BTW...I never told you "That's not your post"...I have clearly said that the post you are referring to WAS your first post or one of your first posts...but I correctly pointed out that it was not THE POST that you and I were referencing. Go back and look at the history. You knee-jerked into a conversation that I was having with other people....when it was proven that you were wrong...you tried to make a lame ass excuse that you were "merely inquiring" as in post #9....completely distancing yourself from your spew that was the topic of our conversation. Sorry dude...I don't have any more time to deal with people who don't have the balls to just man up and admit they were wrong. I've already wasted enough time on you. Buh Bye
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #148
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Going out of your way to perform a duty not typical of your office to make a statement is taking a side...
    What evidence do you have of this? It isn't as if she petitioned to perform the ceremony for someone she didn't know. This was a long time friend who asked her if she would perform their ceremony. Why do you assume that she is doing this to "make a statement" rather than graciously accepting an invitation from a friend. I suspect that Ginsburg is not trying to make a statement here. What evidence do you have that she is?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #149
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL....You are the one who is still shuffling around. BTW...I never told you "That's not your post"...I have clearly said that the post you are referring to WAS your first post or one of your first posts...but I correctly pointed out that it was not THE POST that you and I were referencing. Go back and look at the history. You knee-jerked into a conversation that I was having with other people....when it was proven that you were wrong...you tried to make a lame ass excuse that you were "merely inquiring" as in post #9....completely distancing yourself from your spew that was the topic of our conversation. Sorry dude...I don't have any more time to deal with people who don't have the balls to just man up and admit they were wrong. I've already wasted enough time on you. Buh Bye

    wow, it's like lying is all you can do.

    who said this?
    At least be honest. THAT wasn't your post at all....here is your knee-jerk post:
    I would accept your apology for lying to me , and about me... but we all know one won't be coming anytime soon....

    you would be wise not to pretend to speak for me .. do not tell me what i was referencing, do not tell me what i was thinking,do not tell me what i intended, do not tell me what i believe... as with most everything else that occurs on this planet, you are wholly ignorant to those things.

    if i had made a claim that supreme court justices never officiate weddings, i would obviously have to retract that claim in light of the facts Peter brought forward.
    unfortunately for the troll here... i didn't make that claim
    is there anyone else here so very retarded that they cannot see that i accept the facts that Justices do, indeed , officiate weddings?... speak up now so we can put you on the idiot list with the lying troll here.

  10. #150
    Educator Grendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-02-13 @ 01:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    704

    Re: Ginsburg nationís first Supreme Court justice to officiate a same-sex ceremony

    Quote Originally Posted by ItAin'tFree View Post
    None of the above. I turn around and leave you to practice your religion with my wallet in my pocket.
    Then homosexuals can turn around and leave you to practice your religion while they get married.
    "All that stuff I was taught about evolution, embryology, Big Bang theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of hell [the bible] teaches us how to run all our public policy and everything in society." Rep. Paul Broun (R)

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •