Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 177

Thread: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving... Due In Part To Sequestrat[W:169

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving... Due In Part To Sequestrat[W:169

    WASHINGTON -- New data compiled by a coalition of top scientific and medical research groups show that a large majority of scientists are receiving less federal help than they were three years ago, despite spending far more time writing grants in search of it. Nearly one-fifth of scientists are considering going overseas to continue their research because of the poor funding climate in America.
    Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Sequestration

    The tea party knownothings finally getting what the want.

  2. #2
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Seques

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    But but but.... how are they going to continue the scam of AGW if they're out of grant bribe money? Have algore and George Soros gone broke?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,590

    Re: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Seques

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    But but but.... how are they going to continue the scam of AGW if they're out of grant bribe money? Have algore and George Soros gone broke?
    Looks like they're leaving the country to scam someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Seques

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Looks like they're leaving the country to scam someone else.
    The hatred of science and scientists -- a conservative trait.

    Back to the 12th century is the tea party creed.

  5. #5
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,512
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Seques

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    The hatred of science and scientists -- a conservative trait.

    Back to the 12th century is the tea party creed.
    It's a kind of philistinism, isn't it, this mistrust of arts and science and anything that can't be expressed on a single-sentence bumper sticker. It starts with idolising simplicity and the common (man, sense, knowledge, whatever) and becomes a cult of ignorance.

  6. #6
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Seques

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Good riddance!!
    If they need tax dollars to research then they need to go elsewhere.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Seques

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    It's a kind of philistinism, isn't it, this mistrust of arts and science and anything that can't be expressed on a single-sentence bumper sticker. It starts with idolising simplicity and the common (man, sense, knowledge, whatever) and becomes a cult of ignorance.
    Philistinism is the right word.

    One of the elements of conservatism is hatred of education and intellectuals in particular. Thinking people are a threat to tea party ideology.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Seques

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    Good riddance!!
    If they need tax dollars to research then they need to go elsewhere.
    Yeah, baby -- who needs scientists and medical researchers.

    Thanks for being honest about the tea party credo of ignorance and backwardness.

  9. #9
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Seques

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, baby -- who needs scientists and medical researchers.

    Thanks for being honest about the tea party credo of ignorance and backwardness.
    Yo HoJo Why does the govt need to pay for research??
    Marie Currie, thomas Edison, Henry Ford didn"t have the
    govt subsidising their research,why does today's bunch
    need subsidies???

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Nearly 20 Percent Of Scientists Contemplate Moving Overseas Due In Part To Seques

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    Yo HoJo Why does the govt need to pay for research??
    Marie Currie, thomas Edison, Henry Ford didn"t have the
    govt subsidising their research,why does today's bunch
    need subsidies???
    I think your tea party vision of America is clear. Idiocracy and McDonalds uberalles.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •