“When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
“Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher
Has anyone considered these are the 20 percent of "scientists" who are not good enough in their fields to get the grants the other 80 percent are getting? My neice is an archaeologist and she seems to have no problem getting grant money.
In the USC - what does this mean? Does it say Uncle Sam can take the ideas the scientists came up with?
To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;
But you are right of course, I would be happy to cut the food stamps program and restrict the qualifications for the disability program in order to pay these scientists. How are you always so smart?
The right wing's war on intellects is coming full circle.
All of the innovators are leaving.