Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 390

Thread: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Wouldn't be a serious problem for us. Just like Iraqi ASCM's weren't a problem for us during the Gulf War (we either shot them down or more commonly we destroyed them on the ground). I doubt the Syrians would ever get the chance to fire one if they even have any left.
    Well, with that would be coming the S300's, then the 200's.....also Saddam didn't have as much Anti Air as Assad does.

    Do you think DOD assessment is then wrong on the real Strength of Assad's Defenses?

  2. #242
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well, with that would be coming the S300's, then the 200's.....also Saddam didn't have as much Anti Air as Assad does.

    Do you think DOD assessment is then wrong on the real Strength of Assad's Defenses?
    I am completely confident that we have the capability to totally denude the Syrian air defense grid. Possibly without losing a single plane. If you are referring to General Dempsey's commentary to Congress he was referring to the costs of putting troops into the region and the risks wider involvement entails. Just the other day he freely granted that the Syrian air force and defense grid could be easily totaled by the United States.

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    I am completely confident that we have the capability to totally denude the Syrian air defense grid. Possibly without losing a single plane. If you are referring to General Dempsey's commentary to Congress he was referring to the costs of putting troops into the region and the risks wider involvement entails. Just the other day he freely granted that the Syrian air force and defense grid could be easily totaled by the United States.
    Could you elaborate on your superior knowledge and understanding of every weapons system in the world?

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    I am completely confident that we have the capability to totally denude the Syrian air defense grid. Possibly without losing a single plane. If you are referring to General Dempsey's commentary to Congress he was referring to the costs of putting troops into the region and the risks wider involvement entails. Just the other day he freely granted that the Syrian air force and defense grid could be easily totaled by the United States.
    Nothing like positivity to sound confident. But no I was talking DOD assessment on Record. Real Strengths and real time data. Not Camera material.

  5. #245
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    Could you elaborate on your superior knowledge and understanding of every weapons system in the world?
    I'm not a weapons systems expert but I know enough that people who hype a particular weapons system when discussing a geopolitical issue usually don't know what they are talking about.

    Edit: Salient example being people who will roar about "Iran has S-300's!!!!!!! Or Iran has Sunburns!!" when the topic of striking that country comes up and the technical infeasibility of US action is argued.
    Last edited by Sherman123; 08-29-13 at 01:23 PM.

  6. #246
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Nothing like positivity to sound confident. But no I was talking DOD assessment on Record. Real Strengths and real time data. Not Camera material.
    If you have something specific you are referring to could you please link it here?

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    If you have something specific you are referring to could you please link it here?
    I didn't go all into it....since it was a PDF.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I didn't go all into it....since it was a PDF.
    You aren't being clear in what you are referring to.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    I'm not a weapons systems expert but I know enough that people who hype a particular weapons system when discussing a geopolitical issue usually don't know what they are talking about.



    Edit: Salient example being people who will roar about "Iran has S-300's!!!!!!! Or Iran has Sunburns!!" when the topic of striking that country comes up and the technical infeasibility of US action is argued.

    I see....No one else knows what they are talking about, but you do because you said so..ok. That's good enough for me.

    EDIT:
    What was your GPA while you were at west point?

    How did you do on DS 310 "Military Tactics" and "DS 470 "Military Strategy"?

    Did you take the HI 355 "Warfare in the Age of Industrialization" course?

    What about the DS 455 " Comparative Military Systems" course? How did you do in that one?

    Naturally you aced HI358 "Strategy, Policy, and Generalship" I should take that for granted, right?
    Last edited by P. Kersey; 08-29-13 at 01:40 PM.

  10. #250
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin CJ .....well there still is Bahrain and Yemen. Which Yemen will let us do whatever since we let Selah go with Immunity. After all his genocidal killing of the Shia.

    Btw this morning the Russians Sent a Missile Cruiser and a Sub Seeker into Club Med.....course they are saying it is nothing out of the Ordinary.

    Do you think those liberals and progressives can keep up with the times?
    It's all a lot of posturing at this point - since Obama seems to be going to congress now, or at least that's what I heard, it will be interesting to see if he can get congressional approval for any kind of action in Syria - the Tea Partiers will be against it, most being isolationist and against spending money overseas and a fair number of Democrats will be against it plus some moderate Republicans - if Obama makes action conditional on congressional approval, I'm not sure he'll get it.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •