Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 390

Thread: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

  1. #201
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Mornin CPW. Yeah I heard.....but how about this one?



    Russia warns of Mideast suffering if U.S. strikes Syria

    As U.S. ships and British warplanes neared the shores of its last remaining ally in the Middle East, Russia warned again Tuesday that any military intervention in Syria would have "catastrophic consequences" for the region.
    That sounds like typical state-messaging. Vague, horrible, very bad things will happen in a non-particularly-well-defined manner if you do what I don't want you to do, so that no matter what happens or what I decide to do, I can still be right.

    Russia has vowed to veto any Security Council attempts to approve a military attack on Syria, and it is arming Syria as well, which is why the United States is considering a unilateral attack with the help of the United Kingdom and other nations.
    Yup.

    - The Russians could also send Assad their supersonic P800 long-range anti-ship missile, which is capable of sinking NATO ships with a single strike. U.S. officials reported that Israel attempted to destroy such missiles in Latakia during a July 5 air strike, though it was unclear if the strike was successful, according to the Guardian newspaper.

    - The Russians could expand sales to Iran of weapons and nuclear technology that has both nuclear and civilian functions. Iran's nuclear program is considered a threat by Iran's rivals Israel and Gulf Arab states.

    - Russian could pursue plans to deploy a large permanent naval task force and expand its number of bases in the Mediterranean.
    Russian missile move into Syria. Russian missiles are delivered. Russian missiles explode thanks to a Tomahawk.

    Also CPW.....care to Elaborate on what US National Security Interest Assad attacked of ours? Other than by association of Proxy, what physical security interests of ours has Assad attacked?
    Well I tend to consider the Marines and Sailors that we lost in Fallujah thanks to Assads' enabling of AQI among our 'interests'. Additional reasons for striking the Assad regime as I have suggested are that the Assad regime serves as a protective blanket for Iran - Syria's radar placement can provide early warning of an airstrike into Iran, and offers Iran a second-strike capability in the form of an attack on Israel and enabling Hezbollah to engage in world-wide ops. Additionally, as the regime continues to be unable to demonstrate control over its space, the risk of its CW capabilities falling into the wrong hands increases day by day.

  2. #202
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    ... and that'd be lookin' pretty good now, huh.
    Where you been, boy?
    actually, when I wrote that I forgot we had already invaded Mexico and had taken half of their land ... my bad ...

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Meh. Sort of. U.S. Policy towards the Iraq-Iran war was pretty well wrapped up by Kissinger: "It's too bad they both can't lose". Similar to our approach to the current conflict in Syria.



    standard boilerplate.



    Yup and then during WWI the Arabs revolted against the Ottoman Empire, and the attempt by Britain after WWI (Iran had remained neutral, although some of its' people had fought on the side of the Germans) to turn it into a semi-protectorate was first rejected by the Majles and then ended when Reza Khan took over, establishing his own dynasty.



    This is all more boilerplate. Nowhere do you demonstrate that U.S. policy is to destabilize the Middle East. Quite the opposite, you make an impressive case for us having a powerful incentive in stabilizing the middle east in order to guarantee access to its oil reserves.

    Is trying to defend Saddam's invasion of Kuwait really what you are going to try to use to argue that the United States seeks to destabilize the Middle East?

    man, that's even a dumber argument than the one I thought you were going to make.



    well, because, in our desire to stabilize the middle east we supported - implicitly or explicitly - abusive dictatorships such as the Mubaraks and Sauds of the world. That's why the U.S. has a higher favorability in Iran, where we didn't, but where their abusive dictatorship is of their own making.


    I appreciate your opinions and yawns and casual dismissal of things you disagree with. You're free to (mis) interpret historical facts however you need to while offering nothing of substance as a counterpoint.

    *yawn* it's contagious.

  4. #204
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    The only way them folks can be 'governed' for the foreseeable future is by an authoritarian dictator with an iron fist.
    I was talking to an Iraqi the other day. He had served three tours with the US army as a terp
    (prolly lives here cuz he'd kilt there inna New York minute eh?)
    When I asked him about the current situation, you could see he was horribly conflicted (prolly has PTSD too ?)
    I tried but really couldn't get a straight answer out of him but understanding the situation it is understandable.

    THe one thing that did come through loud and clear is that right now they are killing each other
    by the busload on a daily basis at a level to rival Syria.

    If they are being ruled by a mostly secular strongman at least it is relatively peaceful for the average Joe.
    Anyone that thinks those countries are capable of supporting a 'Constitutional Republic' is dangerously naive.
    hah I'm reminded of this.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That sounds like typical state-messaging. Vague, horrible, very bad things will happen in a non-particularly-well-defined manner if you do what I don't want you to do, so that no matter what happens or what I decide to do, I can still be right.



    Yup.



    Russian missile move into Syria. Russian missiles are delivered. Russian missiles explode thanks to a Tomahawk.



    Well I tend to consider the Marines and Sailors that we lost in Fallujah thanks to Assads' enabling of AQI among our 'interests'. Additional reasons for striking the Assad regime as I have suggested are that the Assad regime serves as a protective blanket for Iran - Syria's radar placement can provide early warning of an airstrike into Iran, and offers Iran a second-strike capability in the form of an attack on Israel and enabling Hezbollah to engage in world-wide ops. Additionally, as the regime continues to be unable to demonstrate control over its space, the risk of its CW capabilities falling into the wrong hands increases day by day.

    Well, you do understand that the Shia as a people are Holding that Crescent due to the Regions they live in. Which transcends those Countries Borders.

    Russian P800s do explode.....which is why the Brits never confirmed the Israeli Strike on them. Hoping that Russian Tech will fail.....is never a good start.

    So other than by Proxy.....Assad hasn't attacked any US interests since the start of the insurrection, correct?

  6. #206
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,306

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Meh. Sort of. U.S. Policy towards the Iraq-Iran war was pretty well wrapped up by Kissinger: "It's too bad they both can't lose". Similar to our approach to the current conflict in Syria.



    standard boilerplate.



    Yup and then during WWI the Arabs revolted against the Ottoman Empire, and the attempt by Britain after WWI (Iran had remained neutral, although some of its' people had fought on the side of the Germans) to turn it into a semi-protectorate was first rejected by the Majles and then ended when Reza Khan took over, establishing his own dynasty.



    This is all more boilerplate. Nowhere do you demonstrate that U.S. policy is to destabilize the Middle East. Quite the opposite, you make an impressive case for us having a powerful incentive in stabilizing the middle east in order to guarantee access to its oil reserves.

    Is trying to defend Saddam's invasion of Kuwait really what you are going to try to use to argue that the United States seeks to destabilize the Middle East?

    man, that's even a dumber argument than the one I thought you were going to make.



    well, because, in our desire to stabilize the middle east we supported - implicitly or explicitly - abusive dictatorships such as the Mubaraks and Sauds of the world. That's why the U.S. has a higher favorability in Iran, where we didn't, but where their abusive dictatorship is of their own making.
    Must be real comfortable in your vacuum. When a country arms both sides in war, including chemical weapon precursors, and supplies satellite intelligence, it might be considered destabilizing, but on the other hand, in your world this is stabilizing. I see. I see. Check for hallucinogens in the vacuum.

  7. #207
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    actually, when I wrote that I forgot we had already invaded Mexico and had taken half of their land ... my bad ...
    hah yeah and those in the half we left alone can't seem to try to get over here fast enough?

  8. #208
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    MMC why'd you have too bring up Russian P-800 Oniks
    yer such a party pooper
    Oh Bummer's supposed to be able to sit our ships off the coast and pull this silliness of with impunity
    but yer right them things to go supersonic in the terminal phase making them a biotch to knock down

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    Quote Originally Posted by AngryOldGuy View Post
    hah yeah and those in the half we left alone can't seem to try to get over here fast enough?
    and there's a reason for that, isn't there? are you a student of history? read up on the impact that our policies have had on Mexico, and the region in fact ... but here's the kicker "hah" - between 2000 and 2010, Latinos accounted for over 50% of the population in the U.S. ... BTW, I get the impression that you're not at all upset about the fact that we invaded another country and took half their land ...

  10. #210
    double secret probation AngryOldGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Phx,Az
    Last Seen
    03-31-14 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,917

    Re: Putin Orders Massive Strike Against Saudi Arabia If West Attacks Syria.....

    yup 'we' are the root cause of all that might ever be wrong in the world I've read that leftie drivel

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •