Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 627

Thread: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:423]

  1. #601
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Right as the country commemorates the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, people are flocking to social media to condemn a South Carolina restaurant for its allegedly racist actions.

    According to CBS affiliate WCSC-TV, Michael Brown and 24 of his family and friends were at Wild Wing Cafe celebrating his cousin's final day in Charleston, S.C., last month when the group was suddenly told to leave.

    The reason? The shift manager allegedly told Brown that a white customer felt "threatened" by his party. When one of Brown's companions started filming the exchange, the shift manager is said to have told the group to leave.

    "[That] totally alarmed all of us because we're sitting there peaceably for two hours," Brown told the news outlet.

    Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threatened': Report

    "I had a dream" where restaurants would not turn away black diners who were waiting peacefully for 2 hours to get seated because "1 white customer felt threatened". Sorry, but this is just horrible. The last day's dinner of these people was ruined because of the unreasonable feelings of 1 diner in a restaurant.

    I blame the manager for this disaster. She should have reasoned with the "fearful" customer and solved this. This is a public image nightmare for this company due to intolerance and what looks like racism on a weekend that was the 50th anniversary of the march on Washington and one of the most monumental events in the civil rights struggle.

    I also wonder, whether the same would have happened if 1 black person had complained he/she felt threatened by a large group of white people.
    I don't buy it for a second.

    Back in the day I worked at a bar & grill and my manager had to throw a large black party out of the restaurant because we needed the tables for a booked party. They were there for an excessive period of time to boot and spent the majority of the time (after the meal) buying sides and drinks... These clowns went into full-blown "that's racism" temper tantrum. They refused to pay their bill, we had to call the cops and us servers got stiffed on our tip..... These clowns were making all sorts of allegations - everything from spitting in their food to using racial slurs... All this while the already booked party was waiting for their table. In the end it all worked out because the booked party understood these people were assclowns and tipped very well. Also the black party was a "walk-in" - they had no reservations but they came in during the slow time of day (after lunch before dinner) so of course they got served but stayed well into dinner.

    The problem is that every time "some" black people are inconvenienced they take it (or better yet want to take it) as a racial thing and they will make it a racial thing if it potentially benefits them.
    Last edited by Mr.Nick; 08-29-13 at 11:17 PM.

  2. #602
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    I don't buy it for a second.

    Back in the day I worked at a bar & grill and my manager had to throw a large black party out of the restaurant because we needed the tables for a booked party. They were there for an excessive period of time to boot and spent the majority of the time (after the meal) buying sides and drinks... These clowns went into full-blown "that's racism" temper tantrum. They refused to pay their bill, we had to call the cops and us servers got stiffed on our tip..... These clowns were making all sorts of allegations - everything from spitting in their food to using racial slurs... All this while the already booked party was waiting for their table. In the end it all worked out because the booked party understood these people were assclowns and tipped very well. Also the black party was a "walk-in" - they had no reservations but they came in during the slow time of day (after lunch before dinner) so of course they got served but stayed well into dinner.

    The problem is that every time "some" black people are inconvenienced they take it (or better yet want to take it) as a racial thing and they will make it a racial thing if it potentially benefits them.
    So they had a meal, kept ordering sides and drinks and they were booted out because of a booked party?

    They were paying customers who the company seated when they knew full well that there was a booked party coming?

    Well, that was your problem. If you have a booked party you should reserve the tables you need and not have so many guests that you cannot oblige the booking you took on. It is not proper IMHO to throw out a party who was still ordering food and drinking for the mistake of the bar and grill itself.

    Wouldn't most people be very irate if they were being kicked out because the restaurant failed to keep enough tables free for a booked party? I would but I would have not talked about racism as I am not black and mostly never feel discriminated against. They should have paid their bill, but I am in agreement with them about the tips. I too would not pay for a excellent service if I feel I was not provided with excellent service. It is sad for the servers but they should complain with their bosses for
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  3. #603
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    So they had a meal, kept ordering sides and drinks and they were booted out because of a booked party?

    They were paying customers who the company seated when they knew full well that there was a booked party coming?

    Well, that was your problem. If you have a booked party you should reserve the tables you need and not have so many guests that you cannot oblige the booking you took on. It is not proper IMHO to throw out a party who was still ordering food and drinking for the mistake of the bar and grill itself.

    Wouldn't most people be very irate if they were being kicked out because the restaurant failed to keep enough tables free for a booked party? I would but I would have not talked about racism as I am not black and mostly never feel discriminated against. They should have paid their bill, but I am in agreement with them about the tips. I too would not pay for a excellent service if I feel I was not provided with excellent service. It is sad for the servers but they should complain with their bosses for
    People cant sit in restaurants for 4-5 hours ordering refills on pop and eating french fries.....

    What would you have said if I told you we just "turned them away" - oh yeah that would be racist too right????

    I suppose using your logic I could just order a drink in a restaurant and continue to get refills indefinitely??? ****, why bother buy a house when you can live at a restaurant... Forget other people right??

    4 hours is more than enough time to drink and eat...

  4. #604
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    People cant sit in restaurants for 4-5 hours ordering refills on pop and eating french fries.....

    What would you have said if I told you we just "turned them away" - oh yeah that would be racist too right????

    I suppose using your logic I could just order a drink in a restaurant and continue to get refills indefinitely??? ****, why bother buy a house when you can live at a restaurant... Forget other people right??

    4 hours is more than enough time to drink and eat...
    I though it was bar and grill? They were buying drinks and ordering sides.

    Yes, if you do not have enough tables for the booked party you should have either refused them or told them upfront that they could only stay until a certain time. Maybe you did that but I am not sure because if that was told to me I would go to a bar and grill that does not want to limit my team eating/drinking.

    They did not just order a drink and continue to get refills indefinitely. They ate there, they were still ordering sides and drinks.

    Sometimes 4 hours is not enough IMHO.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #605
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I though it was bar and grill? They were buying drinks and ordering sides.

    Yes, if you do not have enough tables for the booked party you should have either refused them or told them upfront that they could only stay until a certain time. Maybe you did that but I am not sure because if that was told to me I would go to a bar and grill that does not want to limit my team eating/drinking.

    They did not just order a drink and continue to get refills indefinitely. They ate there, they were still ordering sides and drinks.

    Sometimes 4 hours is not enough IMHO.
    4 hours isn't enough?

    They were told they could go to the bar, they had kids and refused...

    Sorry to telly you this but sometimes black folks can be real assholes........... It's not exactly like this was the only bar & grill within a mile .... Nope - I bet there are over 500 places within a 10 mile radius that serve food and drink....

  6. #606
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    LOL...the fact that you would fall further back on stereotypes and talking points just displays again that you are so out of touch with reality that you can't even recognize it. If you really want to know I have worked in several fields of law including civil rights, criminal prosecution and criminal defense. Oh....and by the way, if you ask most anyone who work in the criminal justice field they will tell you that public defenders are probably the best criminal defense attorneys out there. As a matter of fact, I often went to them to get the layout of the court in order to help me with my representation. You really should get out more.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I worked for a public defender, and I can attest to your claims about their superior skills. Any lawyer who graduates is almost guaranteed to spend their first years as a lawyer doing research, and other "scut work" for the partners. A public defender will be trying cases in court within weeks. As a result, they end up with much more "real world" (ie courtroom) experience
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #607
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I'm not a lawyer, but I worked for a public defender, and I can attest to your claims about their superior skills. Any lawyer who graduates is almost guaranteed to spend their first years as a lawyer doing research, and other "scut work" for the partners. A public defender will be trying cases in court within weeks. As a result, they end up with much more "real world" (ie courtroom) experience
    As a former prosecutor, former probation officer and current private defense attorney, I have great respect for public defenders. It makes me laugh when idiots and fools engage in talking points/sterotypes....it just shows what fools they are...especially those who post 81 posts a day here.....that kinda tells you something about what they do. They think they know everything....yet all they do is sit behind their computers and display their ignorance.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #608
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    As a former prosecutor, former probation officer and current private defense attorney, I have great respect for public defenders. It makes me laugh when idiots and fools engage in talking points/sterotypes....it just shows what fools they are...especially those who post 81 posts a day here.....that kinda tells you something about what they do. They think they know everything....yet all they do is sit behind their computers and display their ignorance.
    I feel pity for them.

    The world is changing and leaving them behind. They are powerless to stop it. To compensate, they have to assuage their widdle hurt psyches by venting on the internet because the power to annoy is all that is available to them
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #609
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    As a former prosecutor, former probation officer and current private defense attorney, I have great respect for public defenders. It makes me laugh when idiots and fools engage in talking points/sterotypes....it just shows what fools they are...especially those who post 81 posts a day here.....that kinda tells you something about what they do. They think they know everything....yet all they do is sit behind their computers and display their ignorance.
    I suppose that kinda makes you blind to reality... It's not about truth - it's about the story you create in your head or the story you choose to believe whatever conclusion you wish to draw to suit your argument at the time..

    Certainly not a profession that relies on honesty, justice or character...

  10. #610
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    I feel pity for them.

    The world is changing and leaving them behind. They are powerless to stop it. To compensate, they have to assuage their widdle hurt psyches by venting on the internet because the power to annoy is all that is available to them
    Are you serious?

    Sorry if things outside of the collective world annoy you.

    It must be nice to live in a world where we're all on the same page; think the same, act the same, talk the same - I suppose then no one would ever be annoyed. As a matter of fact I believe that was Marx's whole thesis.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •