Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 627

Thread: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:423]

  1. #451
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    No, I am basing it on the information at hand regarding a white patrons behavior. .
    If you had NO information at all it would still be racism because, hey.. a white person was involved. There is absolutely no other possibility....LMAO

  2. #452
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    So . . . let's see the articles you read and what specifically in them leads you to your conclusions.
    hahaha..good luck with THAT.

  3. #453
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    So your evidence of racism is that the group is black. As I said previously, that isn't evidence of racism
    So what do you want? The white individual to write a note saying that they are afraid of black people and that they refuse to sit by them?

    Even then you would probably want it notarize......

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  4. #454
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    If you had NO information at all it would still be racism because, hey.. a white person was involved. There is absolutely no other possibility....LMAO
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    But your assumption that it was present is seemingly derived solely from the fact that the other group involved was white. Nothing else.

    The irony is under such circumstances you are doing the very thing your attempting to decry: casting immutable character traits based on nothing more than skin color. If anyone comes off as racist here, it's YOU and people like Disney Dude. Because instead of waiting for facts, you here "white patron" and assume racism. To you, there can be no other legitimate reason for such actions
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    So . . . let's see the articles you read and what specifically in them leads you to your conclusions.
    Is this entertaining to you guys?

  5. #455
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    No, I am basing it on the information at hand regarding a white patrons behavior.
    What do you know about their behavior?

    Which is a white customer complained about the black customers behavior and felt threatened. Which, given what I know now about the way they were acting seems like a bit of an over-reation.
    But you know absolutely no details about the basis of the complaint, or how the group was behaving. Only that the person who made the complaint was white

  6. #456
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,535

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Is this entertaining to you guys?
    Why are you avoiding a very simple question? You say you've read articles and they've led you to conclude what you've concluded.

    Why not just post the articles and cite the details? Deflecting and dodging only makes you look like you don't actually have anything to cite.

    So, if you want an "open debate," bring your support into the debate. That's how it works.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #457
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Having intimate experience in the restaurant industry, I can assume that there's something terribly wrong when a restaurant allows its' customers to have a say over where other customers are seated. I find it extremely odd, and a bit suspicious, that a restaurant would cite another customers request when it came to *their* decision on where to seat the party.

    The restaurant may be shoddily run, have questionable policies, and even handled the situation in a completely poor manner. But none of this equates to racism

  8. #458
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    So what do you want?
    Some reasonable basis to claim racism, besides the mere fact that the complaint involved a white person? I'm sorry, I find the automatic assumption that the white person is racist, based on nothing more than them being white, a bit questionable.

  9. #459
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    The restaurant may be shoddily run, have questionable policies, and even handled the situation in a completely poor manner. But none of this equates to racism
    Which is why I said nothing about racism

    There is no doubt that there were incredibly bad decisions made. And there is no specific evidence of racism. However, the severity and unusual circumstances of these mistakes are extremely suspicious. I can see how it was completely the result of stupidity and poor mgmt so I would not automatically assume that racisn was a factor. However, I would not assume that racism was not involved either
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #460
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Which is why I said nothing about racism
    But you responded to a post where I was replying to claims of racism ...

    And there is no specific evidence of racism.

    right, which was the point of my post

    However, the severity and unusual circumstances of these mistakes are extremely suspicious. I can see how it was completely the result of stupidity and poor mgmt so I would not automatically assume that racisn was a factor. However, I would not assume that racism was not involved either
    I never claimed racism was not a possible factor. In fact, I have been rather clear that racism ***could*** be a contributing factor, but I have also been clear no evidence, despite the numerous claims of DisneyDude, actually support that conclusion. And it certainly isn't supported by the mere fact that the customer was white

Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •