Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 627

Thread: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:423]

  1. #431
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    You don't think it appears on the surface to be a bit of a leap? And yes, they do have the right to refuse service but they use to be okay to make them use separate bathrooms too.
    In this case no one was asked to use separate bathrooms. You cannot claim this is an attempt on this restaurant's part to discriminate; these people were being rowdy and asked to leave, end of story.

  2. #432
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The belief that a "Business has the right to refuse service to anyone" is simply not true. There is a little thing called the Constitution that doesn't allow them to refuse service for a number of reasons (even if they post a little sign in their window).
    They can tell people who are making a scene or disturbing the peace to leave, regardless of their skin color.

  3. #433
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    In this case no one was asked to use separate bathrooms. You cannot claim this is an attempt on this restaurant's part to discriminate; these people were being rowdy and asked to leave, end of story.
    Well my position on this story is that I believe it appears to have racist elements but can't know for certain until I learn more. People don't seem to realize that a little of each could be going on . Just because they were being loud and annoying (if that's true) it does not mean that racist attitudes were not present. All parties can be guilty of the behaviors of which they are accused simultaneously. That is most often the reality of how life plays out. It is almost never all this or all that. We often share responsibility.

  4. #434
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The belief that a "Business has the right to refuse service to anyone" is simply not true. There is a little thing called the Constitution that doesn't allow them to refuse service for a number of reasons (even if they post a little sign in their window).
    Are you saying that privae businesses can't post gyn free zones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #435
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Well my position on this story is that I believe it appears to have racist elements but can't know for certain until I learn more. People don't seem to realize that a little of each could be going on . Just because they were being loud and annoying (if that's true) it does not mean that racist attitudes were not present. All parties can be guilty of the behaviors of which they are accused simultaneously. That is most often the reality of how life plays out. It is almost never all this or all that. We often share responsibility.
    You seem to want to find racism whether or not it is present. Me, I don't care; they were making a scene and asked to leave.

  6. #436
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    You would say the same thing if we were talking about a lynching so I am pretty good where I am.
    Unless it was a white person getting lynched, then you would applaude it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #437
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    You seem to want to find racism whether or not it is present. Me, I don't care; they were making a scene and asked to leave.
    Why would I WANT to find it. How in the world do I benefit. The drama? no thanks.

    What is closer the truth here is that many white Americans do not see it when it is present. Like I have said before, there do not have to be white hoods and burning crosses present for behavior to be racist. It can be subtle and go unrecognized by the perpetrator even if they are someone who is conscientious.

  8. #438
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    You don't think it appears on the surface to be a bit of a leap? And yes, they do have the right to refuse service but they use to be okay to make them use separate bathrooms too.
    Again, being that the entire basis of your argument rests on the group simply being comprised of black people, and the assumption that white people will always act in a racist manner, it's probably best to wait for more information.

    But yes, we know, you're not making any assumptions here

  9. #439
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    again....I ask the same question....if a black patron, for whatever reason didn't want another person seated by them....do you honestly believe the restaurant reaction would have been the same? Let's be honest here.
    Why do you assume it wouldn't be? You have no knowledge of the manager, the circumstances the request was made in, or restaurant policy. All you know is that it concerns two different ethnic groups, and your assumption based on that is : racism

  10. #440
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Why would I WANT to find it. How in the world do I benefit. The drama? no thanks.

    What is closer the truth here is that many white Americans do not see it when it is present. Like I have said before, there do not have to be white hoods and burning crosses present for behavior to be racist. It can be subtle and go unrecognized by the perpetrator even if they are someone who is conscientious.
    Well, according to you all whites are prone to racism. I think people like you thrive on racism being involved in every decision white people make involving minorities. I don't believe this for a minute.

Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •