Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 627

Thread: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:423]

  1. #391
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,443

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    If a group of any type of people are blocking the exit of a resturant, isn't that enough reason to ask them to leave?

    Combined with rowdiness and racial slurs, wouldn't that be enough to be threatening?

  2. #392
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Bull****. I've worked security at a liquor establishment and the last thing you want to do is call the police on unruly patrons.

    Your logic fails.
    I have worked in certain retail establishments and a few restaurants and calling the police in regards to people getting out of control is pretty standard. A few places even set policy not to confront, and to use the police. Hell, I have even had mall security call the police on me to have me escorted off the property for wearing a dress. They did not even do it themselves despite having asked me politely a number of times to leave. So yeah your point is pretty much wrong.

  3. #393
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many times have you personally witnessed a black person ejected from an establishment for no apparent reason?

    I won't say I haven't been runned off from a resturant, but it wasn't because I'm black. It was because I was showing my ass.
    Yes, just because you don't see it means it does not exist, which would explain why you want to not see things like this because that way you can pretend it doesn't exist. I am pretty well aware of how that works.

  4. #394
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I have worked in certain retail establishments and a few restaurants and calling the police in regards to people getting out of control is pretty standard.
    There's no reason to call the police if the offending party leaves voluntarily when asked. And of course over 99% of them will leave because they know they won't get served anyways. And that seems to be the case in this incident. However you do get an occasional irrational idiot who won't leave despie being told that they have worn out their welcome.

    For example...
    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Hell, I have even had mall security call the police on me to have me escorted off the property for wearing a dress. They did not even do it themselves despite having asked me politely a number of times to leave. So yeah your point is pretty much wrong.
    Now that's hilarious. There's GOT to be much more to that story than you're telling us. Most malls actually sell dresses and even encourage patrons to try them on.

    So how did you manage to get kicked out?

    Pleeeeese provide details.

  5. #395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    There's no reason to call the police if the offending party leaves voluntarily when asked. And of course over 99% of them will leave because they know they won't get served anyways. And that seems to be the case in this incident. However you do get an occasional irrational idiot who won't leave despie being told that they have worn out their welcome.

    Think about what you are now saying. The group was asked to leave because they were threatening, but when asked politely to leave they had a complaint and then left. How threatening is that? That is not threatening at all. The real word that should have been used is offending. A threatening group is not going to go OK you are wrong but we will go someplace else. If they do, they were not a threat. If that is the case someone overreacted. No, this group offended people, and they used threatening because it sounded better. Not for nothing, I could see tossing a group of people who are cursing and swearing out of a family establishment for disturbing customers, but that was not why they were tossed out. They were tossed out for threatening. Which means they did not have enough actual offensive things to toss them on, which just leaves them offending others due to their black skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    For example...
    Now that's hilarious. There's GOT to be much more to that story than you're telling us. Most malls actually sell dresses and even encourage patrons to try them on.

    So how did you manage to get kicked out?

    Pleeeeese provide details.
    I am sorry, I was crossdressed. I am a guy. yes, while security was getting the police to throw me out, I actually went to the store where i purchased the dress just for the fun of having the manager start arguing on my behalf for being a customer. It was so bad the cops actually had to tell the head of security to cool his jets and one of the security officers to shut up because they wanted the police to taze me. I can understand what these people went through, and why it was offensive.

  6. #396
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Juanita View Post
    HAWTHORNE Race Track--aww the memories.....I heard that they closed those racetracks down?
    Yeah, Hawthorne's gone. Arlington Park's still here though. It's owned by Churchill Downs. Who knew?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #397
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'm taking a shot at her general assertion that this is something which doesn't happen often. It does. White only, black only businesses exist today. They just don't label themselves as such. Try getting a loan in Harlem as a white guy or black clientele at certain barbershops down South. Won't happen.
    this is true. no one is going to come straight out and tell you you can't come in..but you will get funny looks if you are the "wrong color" in some places.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    After reading several articles on line regarding this incident I can't help but come to the conclusion that there was most likely some subtle racism involved that provoked the restaurant staff to handle this situation the way that they did. I also must conclude that the customer that felt threatened had some racial issues that provoked fear in them. Because how in the world does it make sense to feel "threatened" by people being a little rowdy. Why did it illicit fear? It's a problem when one chooses to hold everyone in a particular ethnic group responsible for the behavior of other members of the same group. Not every black person is a potential thug.
    Just because someone thinks these 25 were thug doesn't mean they also think the entire race is thugs. Remember, a business has the right to refuse service to anyone.

  9. #399
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,132

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    this is true. no one is going to come straight out and tell you you can't come in..but you will get funny looks if you are the "wrong color" in some places.
    and shame on anyone who wants to do business there but is without the guts to enter
    it's on them, NOT the shop owner
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #400
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,343

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Yes, just because you don't see it means it does not exist, which would explain why you want to not see things like this because that way you can pretend it doesn't exist. I am pretty well aware of how that works.
    I think you pretend it exists in instances where it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 40 of 63 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •