Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 627

Thread: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:423]

  1. #281
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    No, I think it's what you do when you don't want to waste your time with someone who exhibits no genuine interest in listening to you.
    I see. You invent a specious reason to retreat while pretending the discussion is beneath you and would "waste your time".

    I suppose that might work sometimes. Intelligent people can see right through that "tactic", though.

    Ok. It is resolved:

    Evasion is the passive/aggressive method you use to avoid the possibility of having to admit in public that you were wrong. Got it.

  2. #282
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    This isn't about you disagreeing with me, but making various assumptions and assertions that are baseless and often contradicted by the facts
    Everyone here is making assertions and assumptions. You included.

  3. #283
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    IMO, it sounds like a colossal cluster **** on the part of the restaurant. I can't say that it was racist, but at best the restaurant staff handled *everything* in the worst way possible

    For one thing, when the group called ahead and said they had a large group coming, the staff should have asked how large and then told them how long it might take to seat them. It's called "managing expectations"

    If WWC can't handle such a large party, then the party should have been told. It looks like WWC can't handle such a large party without more notice. They should have said so.

    However, they didn't so it was WWC's burden to provide some service to customers, particularly since they had 25 loyal customers who were willing to wait for a long period of time. What kind of idiots let 25 loyal customers get pissed off at them in one fell swoop? It's idiotic

    The staff should have told the party that they were going to clear out a portion of the restaurant, but that would take a long time, and in the meantime, they would be seating smaller parties in the areas where they were not going to seat the party. This way, the party wouldn't get upset when they saw people getting seated before them, even though they arrived after they did.

    The staff should have kept in contact while the party was waiting for so long, if only to show a bit of service and that they weren't ignoring the party. A small plate of something to nibble, or a round of soft drinks wouldn't be a bad idea either for such a large group of loyal customers. It's a standard business practice and a great way to get a lot of people to talk well of your business instead of raising a stink.

    If there were any behavior problems on the part of the waiting customers, the staff should have resolved it immediately. Waiting until the waiting customers are getting steamed and then stating that another customer complained about them is an extremely bad idea. If other customers are complaining, then they have just as much responsibility to service that customer as they do the customers in the large party

    Worst of all was the reason why they were asked to leave, which had nothing (as far as has been reported so far) to do with their being unruly; it was because one of them started recording the staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #284
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Everyone here is making assertions and assumptions. You included.
    feel free to outline them

  5. #285
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Challenging a point of view that does not come naturally to you does not mean that you are closed to it. i.e.: You made a legitimate point about the reservations and I agreed with you based on your argument.
    But you haven't been challenging a point of view. You have been proceeding from your own set of assumptions while saying no one should be making assumptions.

    Answer this with just plain, simple, straightforward answer, no disclaimers or caveats -- if their behavior is what was described here:

    The group was being loud and obnoxious to both customers and staffers. They kept complaining about their long wait and were talking about how “whitey” was able to get seated, but they were not. The problem was that they had a large group and insisted on sitting next to each other. We only had one area that could accommodate their large group and the patrons in that area were not done. So yes, some “whities” were able to be seated before them, but only because they were going to a different area. We also seated non-whites in other areas too…They made this a racial issue before anything. One of the guests also insulted a deaf white girl because she didn’t respond to one of them telling her to move (she was deaf and didn’t hear them) They were also all standing in the middle of the walk way, making it difficult for customers to leave. We asked them if they could move over, but they said they can stand wherever they want, and if we wanted them out of the way then we should seat them. The customer that was offended was offended by a particular individual’s constant uses of the word “n*gger” When asked to stop, he threw out a long string of racial epithets against one of my co-workers.
    Would that not explain everything without it having to be racism against them? A simple, straightforward answer would be nice.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #286
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    feel free to outline them
    She said the same thing about me but hasn't pointed any out.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #287
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    But you haven't been challenging a point of view. You have been proceeding from your own set of assumptions while saying no one should be making assumptions.

    Answer this with just plain, simple, straightforward answer, no disclaimers or caveats -- if their behavior is what was described here:



    Would that not explain everything without it having to be racism against them? A simple, straightforward answer would be nice.
    My response would be that I'm reluctant to give an anonymous internet posting more credibility than the claims of people who put their name to their words.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #288
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:45 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,607

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    My response would be that I'm reluctant to give an anonymous internet posting more credibility than the claims of people who put their name to their words.
    My response is that the entire concept of a hypothetical (hence the bolded "IF") is beyond your grasp, then. Ciao.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #289
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    My response is that the entire concept of a hypothetical (hence the bolded "IF") is beyond your grasp, then. Ciao.
    My response is if you want to blame the black people, you'll be more than eager to ponder such hypotheticals.

    I prefer to stick to the facts
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #290
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    IMO, it sounds like a colossal cluster **** on the part of the restaurant. I can't say that it was racist, but at best the restaurant staff handled *everything* in the worst way possible

    For one thing, when the group called ahead and said they had a large group coming, the staff should have asked how large and then told them how long it might take to seat them. It's called "managing expectations"

    If WWC can't handle such a large party, then the party should have been told. It looks like WWC can't handle such a large party without more notice. They should have said so.

    However, they didn't so it was WWC's burden to provide some service to customers, particularly since they had 25 loyal customers who were willing to wait for a long period of time. What kind of idiots let 25 loyal customers get pissed off at them in one fell swoop? It's idiotic

    The staff should have told the party that they were going to clear out a portion of the restaurant, but that would take a long time, and in the meantime, they would be seating smaller parties in the areas where they were not going to seat the party. This way, the party wouldn't get upset when they saw people getting seated before them, even though they arrived after they did.

    The staff should have kept in contact while the party was waiting for so long, if only to show a bit of service and that they weren't ignoring the party. A small plate of something to nibble, or a round of soft drinks wouldn't be a bad idea either for such a large group of loyal customers. It's a standard business practice and a great way to get a lot of people to talk well of your business instead of raising a stink.

    If there were any behavior problems on the part of the waiting customers, the staff should have resolved it immediately. Waiting until the waiting customers are getting steamed and then stating that another customer complained about them is an extremely bad idea. If other customers are complaining, then they have just as much responsibility to service that customer as they do the customers in the large party

    Worst of all was the reason why they were asked to leave, which had nothing (as far as has been reported so far) to do with their being unruly; it was because one of them started recording the staff.
    IMO this whole thread is a colossal cluster***k (present company excluded)

Page 29 of 63 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •