Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 627

Thread: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threa[W:423]

  1. #271
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,605

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    How many times do I have to stay I have not made up my mind on this one.
    You have been making assumptions all throughout this thread, and apparently not even reading the material linked to, while talking about needing more information.

    In my view, if you're going to accuse someone of something ugly, you need to have actual evidence of it, not assumptions.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #272
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    How many times do I have to stay I have not made up my mind on this one.
    You can say it as many times as you like, but it comes off as totally insincere and fake when you are pushing a completely contradictory line of reasoning out the other side of your mouth

    In fact, I even cited one such incident in the very post you quoted

  3. #273
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    How many times do I have to stay I have not made up my mind on this one. I think there is a possibility that racism was involved and I don't think it makes anymore sense to dismiss those claims at this point then to assume it was present.

    The thing I find a challenge on this site is that people leap to extreme positions. Conservatives tend to say immediately that it didn't happen and that their feelings are unfounded while people who lean left tend to say they see it outright. Neither is possible given what we know now. It is all speculation at this point.

    How did recording it escalate the situation?
    Except, if the following is accurate, the only chance of this being racism is on the part of the group and not the restaurant.

    The problem was that they had a large group and insisted on sitting next to each other. We only had one area that could accommodate their large group and the patrons in that area were not done. So yes, some “whities” were able to be seated before them, but only because they were going to a different area. We also seated non-whites in other areas too

  4. #274
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    11-30-13 @ 07:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,293

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    I think you know that South Carolina didn't start the war of federal tyranny. lincoln did.
    That's why I made sure to put quote marks around that silly, untrue statement she made.
    "“If we don’t deepen our ports all along the Gulf — places like Charleston, South Carolina; or Savannah, Georgia; or Jacksonville, Florida…” -Obama

  5. #275
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    You can say it as many times as you like, but it comes off as totally insincere and fake when you are pushing a completely contradictory line of reasoning out the other side of your mouth

    In fact, I even cited one such incident in the very post you quoted
    Challenging a point of view that does not come naturally to you does not mean that you are closed to it. i.e.: You made a legitimate point about the reservations and I agreed with you based on your argument.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    30n x 90w
    Last Seen
    11-27-13 @ 09:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,192

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    In all honesty I don't want to offend you any more than I'm sure I already have.
    You haven't offended me at all. Why would you think you could?

    Let me just clear this up while you're here;

    You said people who carry are "scared".

    I asked you if you looked before you crossed the street. Do you? If you do, is it because you're "scared"?

    ...or is it evaluating a situation and using common sense to minimize danger?

    Also, just one more...Would you tend to agree that giving non responsive replies is a passive/aggressive way of evading a question?

  7. #277
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Challenging a point of view that does not come naturally to you does not mean that you are closed to it. i.e.: You made a legitimate point about the reservations and I agreed with you based on your argument.
    I have no idea about the point you are trying to convey here.

  8. #278
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I have no idea about the point you are trying to convey here.
    (Ref your post 272)

    It means that just because I challenge your opinions it does not necessarily mean it is only an effort to disprove them or to prove mine. It could be an effort to try to better understand what you base your opinions on. You accused me of having made up my mind about this incident and I haven't.

  9. #279
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by P. Kersey View Post
    You haven't offended me at all. Why would you think you could?

    Let me just clear this up while you're here;

    You said people who carry are "scared".

    I asked you if you looked before you crossed the street. Do you? If you do, is it because you're "scared"?

    ...or is it evaluating a situation and using common sense to minimize danger?

    Also, just one more...Would you tend to agree that giving non responsive replies is a passive/aggressive way of evading a question?
    No, I think it's what you do when you don't want to waste your time with someone who exhibits no genuine interest in listening to you.

  10. #280
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Wild Wing Cafe Kicks Out 25 African Americans After White Customer Felt 'Threaten

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    (Ref your post 272)

    It means that just because I challenge your opinions it does not necessarily mean it is only an effort to disprove them or to prove mine.
    This isn't about you disagreeing with me, but making various assumptions and assertions that are baseless and often contradicted by the facts

Page 28 of 63 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •